The Corroboree
+Satyr+

Betel Nut Prep

hey everyone

:scratchhead: are there any other methods that can be used to chew betel nut without the use of calcium oxide or calcium hydroxide?

cheerz :)

Edited by +Satyr+

hey everyone

:scratchhead: are there any other methods that can be used to chew betel nut without the use of calcium oxide or calcium hydrochloride?

cheerz :)

baking soda

hey guys

I have just bought some lime paste from here and a 25g jar of areca catechu and i'm not too sure what ratios i should be mixing the two products.

:scratchhead: i'm new to using betel nut and would like some advice if possible. Any ideas?

Hi satyr,

give the SAB seach engine go its pretty good and there heaps of info on betel nut.

Cheers

AJ

i conducted quite a few experiements with betal nut (MOST are posted around here somwhere) a few years back. the most effective test (not tek) was a water brew of the nut, which was then sucked into a syring and squirted into the nostril.

it was the most effective dose of betal nut id ever felt, but one can easily OD on betal this way and end up having an unpleasant time. dont ask me of measurements, dosage, tek or anything as i was testing effectiveness of potential routes of absorption (not ideal dosage of routes nor pure extraction dosage via these routes), and found if i made a mild coloured brew of betel nut, using the ammount i would normally chew, then strained it, leave to cool and spray up nose, it was more effective by compairison too oral or other routes i experiemented with.

alot of people say it is the lime that turn the betel red, but you can see the red come out without the lime. its just the lime is better at the extraction than saliva is.

if chewing, generally id take a thumbnail sized chuck and smear a thin coating of lime paste on one side, then chew.

i re found my lost jar of nuts (betel that is) and have one theory for a procedure to gain better effects from betel that i should test on, but it still involves lime paste.

the most effective route ive found for betel without lime paste is nasially. but its easier to OD on via said route.

Edited by Amulte

cool amulte nasal infusion of betel hadnt thought of that, i drink tobacco this way and compared to chewing is so different in dosage and effects. but same can easily go too far when drinking through the nose.

hehe, funny you mention that hebe as that has been one ive wanted to try. ive never sucessfully raised tobacco (see where i live and you know why).

and to be totally honest i got the idea after watching Peair gibbons doco (jungle trip?) where they had the mupacho juice nasially (like you mention i assume, guess i should start a thread about to ask more and stop the hyjack). i remember looking at my jar betel nuts thinking of it would make an ideal gravel subsitute and then it struck me.

accually now i think back.... i think T has also had experience with nasial betel, but think it was a pure extract.... correct me if im wrong please... too long ago and i cannot find the thread...but then again im hopless with the SAB search engine

without hijakcing too much further.... yeah start a thread i got loads of info about raising tobacco and do it reguarly.

Good info from Amulte but Satyr be careful and sparing with the lime as it can easily burn your mouth (if you're planning to chew!)

Good info from Amulte but Satyr be careful and sparing with the lime as it can easily burn your mouth (if you're planning to chew!)

Yes, I must extreemely second that caution on the lime paste!!!!

I had my first experience with the paste and used a little too much.... it BURNED THE SHIT out of my mouth, toungue and gums!!!!! The pain lasted all day (i had a chew in the morning) Then to top it off, that night my host at the time cooked an incredibly spicy sezchuan pepper stir fry and HOLY MOTHER OF F**KING SANTA CLAUSE, THE EASTER BUNNY AND VARIOUS OTHER COMMERCIALLY CONVOLUTED CELEBRATORY FIGURE HEADS did it HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... so anyway, I also discovered that just grating a FRESH betel nut on the real small bit (the one you powderize parmesan with) and mixing it with a little all-spice and some palm sugar was also quite effective as well as being rather pleasant.

One heaped teaspoon of the powder (you'll get a shitload from one nut) put under the tongue and just sucked on and chewed occasionally is stimulating enough (for me anyway) also takes effect almost instantly.... no need for lime - although im sure it would increase the effect somewhat....

Edited by philistine

I agree be verrrry careful with the lime. I used a very large amount and burned my tongue/gums for many days, perhaps weeks. I thought I'd never be able to taste again!!

I want to know an easy way to eat beetle nut without the lime, as i heard the lime is carcinogenic and causes tongue/cheek cancer. Not sure if the beetle nut itself does that too though.

I highly recommend watching the movie Solaris whilst chewing beetle nut. Truly a moving experience :)

Hehehe i found that out the hard way... my mouth still hurts a little bit thats the reason why i posted to find out how much i should use next time i try it :P

Thanks for all the tips guys ;)

here is some i just bought. this is how them pretty little betel nut honeys do it :drool2: i swear i like buying it more than chewing it :innocent_n:

cut the leaf how you like and put on the paste (mine were in the fridge so water made the paste kinda messy when i unrolled it, but you get the idea.

betel1.jpg

fold up the leaf and roll it around a small nut (2cmish)

betel2.jpg

finished and ready for chewing, remember to bite off the "cap" first :)

betel3.jpg

the leaf looks like piper betel.... from what I can gather....

But aren't ya supposed to take the nut out of the husk first?

nope, leave it in. when the nuts are this small and fresh they are actually quite tender and juicy. but there is some little strands of fiber. the "cap" (the thing that attaches the but to the stem) is left on only to keep them fresh longer, it is bitten off when its ready to be shewed. when you first bite into it your mouth is filled with juice. very very juicy, i spit the first bit out as its a lot of water.

ya its piper betle but its cut cause the leaves are sometimes too big.

i will try and remember to take a photo of a cross section. its not as nutty as people think. its kind of fruity/nutty....liek a vegetable that you keep on chewing :blink::drool2: