The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
friendly

More mesembrine containing plants

You might search the web for my paper "Empathogenic Effects of Sceletium tortuosum" ('authored' by by Groot van der Gross) which also details history and a little bit about the alkaloids.

Nice to see there are still people interested in the research into new mesembrine containing plant species.

I still have the occasional ongoing converstation with Dr. Nigel Gericke about new mesembrine sources we have recently identified, but neither of us has been active in this field for a while.

However, research indicates there is definitely a usable quantity of mesembrine in the foliage and stems of most of these plants, so destroying them for the roots is unnecessary.

k trout and I had some interesting conversations regarding certain Delospermas and their suspected mesembrine content a few years back, if memory (always in question these days) serves me well.

Lately, most of my research energies have been directed into the Nymphaeas.

Dr. Nigel Gericke is a white medical doctor south african who patented [along with 4 others mesembrine]]and used to grow it on his farm before being bought out of his patent 1/4 part so not the best guy too quote as for objectivtiy.

Edited by devance

well this is the first post of yours I read that makes some sense. That is some sense, not plain sense.

Edited by mutant

Well they tried a patent as if was mesembrine was the best major alkaloid as produced of the plant[sceletium] or mesembs].

And but they also got the the wrong plant.

He sold his 1/4 patent and says he shouldn't have sold it, I don't think I care except as he cannot sell his crop except as tranquilzer herb for pregnant women[ advoids the patent].

A last resource, as he can't sell legally for anything else or be sued South African court for patent infringement..

But I think just as well for Dr. Nigel Gericke, he got his money [1/4]patent] and good for him. Before the sceletium interest is going to going crash, also some sort of fungous[ probably a result of mass farming of the plant in over watered areas]

Only Nananthus is the major biochemical antiflammorty production star.

\

h++p://www.thesceletium.com/study2.pdf

well this is the first post of yours I read that makes some sense. That is some sense, not plain sense.

LuxuryThe word 'luxury’’refers to products or services of a very high standard; however,researchers state that it elicits no clear understanding.[1][2][3] Academics also argue that luxury is a slippery term to define due to strong involvement of human elements and judgement which takes into account others views also.[4] However, there is an agreement among researchers and practitioners that luxury goods are conducive to pleasure and comfort, are difficult to obtain, and bring the owner esteem, apart from functional utility.[5]

So if everything was a naturally inborn like a chicken from birth there would no reasons for places a college