The Corroboree
mutant

What zodiac sign are you?

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My star sign is Aries.

Aries Strength:

- Independent

- Generous

- Optimistic

- Enthusiastic

- Courageous

Aries Weakness:

- Moody

- Short tempered

- Self-involved

- Impulsive

- Impatient

We can be very full on and uncontrollably self obsessed, but if we love you.

We love with our whole hearts.

Arsea

Edited by Arsea

Icannot deny I have a positive bias for fire signs. I got leo moon, sun sagi, in the sun in 1st house [harshly translates to aries ] so!

enthousiastic, lively, happy characters in general, leo and aries especially can be quite oppressive at times, as they all three are egoists

great usually physical energy, starting things quickly are also very characteristic traits of Aries.

hey have I told you a short way to tell the 5-6 signs that define you, which gives pretty good results?

its sun sign, moon sign, sun house, moon sign, ascedant, and say, mercury sign. these are six

my six are:

sun sign : sagi

moon sign : leo

sun house : aries [1st]

moon sign : scorpio [8th]

ascedant [sign] : sagi

mercury sign : scorpio

other remarkable traits of my chart is that 3 planets and one point are in virgo [commander of Sagi Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and MC]

mercury is conjuct with uranus

and sun is trine to moon [sagi trine leo]

im one of those two faced gemini's aparently :P

I take it as inconsistent, 'light' as shallow, but very communicative and smart.

Gemini and displaying very few of the traits listed for it on any site. I hope people don't expect me to be social and extroverted because I'm gem.

Sagis - Virgos - Pisces - what a fucking match!!!

Gemini and displaying very few of the traits listed for it on any site. I hope people don't expect me to be social and extroverted because I'm gem.

this is propably easily explained by your natal chart. sun sign alone doesn't say shit - well it does, but...

I got two twin friends, they're born on 22 June - they show both Cancer and Gemini traits, this is because sun belongs to two signs, and NOT one, like usually. Edited by mutant

Bump! who hasn't voted yet?

im a taurus and people can tell automaticly for some reason

<<< Cancerian

"Physcologically hard wired to seek pleasure and avoid pain"!!!

There seems to be a lot of crabs silently scuttling out of the water.....!

Edited by MikeyMagic

hey come on!!!

we are 4rth now! some on sagitarrians, come out of your holes

Libra; with five planets in Libra.

Apparently I'm so balanced that I'm unbalanced.

• Like 1

Over 5000 members and no capricornians ?

come onnnnn ! :huh:

We don't need to spruik about it, we just get on with our superiority quietly ;)

• Like 1

Aries, I seem to be a minority here.

Age has mellowed the impulsive, hot headed, fiery Aries traits :lol:

I am a fiery, creative, headstrong, pride-stricken, domaneering lioness.

'Lady Leo gets what she wants. She is a self-sufficient female. There is hardly another type, even amoung men, who can look after themselves as well as she can. Leo is considered a masculine sign as well as royal one, and the women often come out in the mold of imperious queens'

trucha/libra

indeed, libra need so much balance that often is supposed to have difficulties making decisions and this very characteristic can be a problem with Libras, especially super libras

a super libra, interesting, but of course, nothing is more descript than the full map

Getafix, Aries, maybe Aries is not so prone to work with plants?? too much in a hurry for that maybe?

Lioness... well... I think that what I want for a partner.

sagittarius with sagitarrius ascedant, moon in leo, sun trine moon and then some more fire

aquarius. weirdo.

Fellow water carrier, we're thirsty mofos :P

Idealist, humanitarian, independant, honest, original!

• Like 1

Scorpio here and so glad I have a passion to burn on ethno botany!

I'm a Pisces and would have to agree with every characteristic listed in FancyPants post on the first page with the exception of escapist but then again it's all in the interpretation. It'd be interesting to have a comprehensive data set of SABs zodiac signs. I wonder if there is something about Capricorns which predisposes them to not like to step out side of boundries and that's why there's not many here? Or maybe they're lazy and so they don't vote :lol:

• Like 1

Sagittarius, but it's all just crap.. Barnham statement and confirmation bias.

*waiting to get shot down*

Edited by SYNeR

Please , if you know, include your ascedant and or moon sign!

Shamanistic, escapism is present even in charts with lesser pisces effect, so it should be present in a sun pisces . Escapism in what sense? Pisces element has a deep need for time alone, some time in isolation. this is a very esoteric sign and even though its pretty difficult to describe what pisces finds in isolation, the botton line is that this quality in the chart requires regular time for introspection. Maybe this is mistaken for escapism and yeah sometimes it is a matter of semantics.

I found that I too have slight element of this 'escapism' [my mercury is in the 12th house, house of pisces, giving a pisceoid quality to my otherwise investigating , researcher scorpio mercury mentality. The quality is increased as I got Neptune, pisces governor in the 1st house, and in conjuction with the sun. Neptune rules drugs, btw, so it makes sense they always played a big role in myself, whether I was taking them or just researching or growing plants that contain them.

HEY THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! WE SHOULD SEE WHAT /WHERE the Neptune is SAB members charts!

Maybe we find stuff in common through neptune. but we neeed WHOLE CHARTS.

Pm me if you like the idea! Any people with knowledge of astrology can help if they want!

these are all small examples of how we do the chart synthesis, a big part of which is figuring out which are the most important positions of the chart, then interpreting..

Sometimes the sun sign are definately not the most important position, and /or sun is 'hit' from other contrary positions of the chart

Capricorn sign certainly gives no laziness capris are supposed to be workaholics and carrer whores in their extremes

and they are indeed the sign which is linked to nature in a pagan way

but capricorn is more serious and maybe foruming is a more lightweight of expressing yrself and it doesn't suit them so much?

syner>>

all sceptics repeat like broken record that astrology 'success' is explained by cold reading / forer effect / confirmation bias etc etc.

but you just copy these from youtube videos without really researching...

a provokation for you my sceptic and philosophy friend !!

I am an atheist, believe in no spirits, no god, no supernatural mumbo jumbo

I am sagittarian with saggittarian ascedent and leo moon.

give me the details of thour chart and I will offer you the basic elements of your personality, I will compose it myself and I will try to be as exact as I can, and avoid generalities. It should be quite easy for me, as we share the same sun sign.

For starters you state in your interests

Philosophy (Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Kant, Bertrand Russell..), Psychology, Neuroscience

sagitarians are the lords of philosphy and their house, the 9th house is religions and philosophy's home.

You will have found out that many people find philosophy extremely boring. So this is not a blank statement. Astrology can predict the tendency of a person related with philosophy. Sagitarrians in particular are usually active philosophers, not guys that repeat what they read, and are definately the most enthousiastic talkers when talking about something they are interested in. Being people of many interests , sometimes they can philosophise about almost anything!

So whatta think?

PS: elements of personality that are NOT vague/ blank are

jealousy, possessiveness: some persons are definately very jealous-prone, while others not. Signs show in what way if at all we are possessive and jealous of our partners etc.

strong characters , weak characters : this is very distinct , especially for characteristic charts of powerful characters or of extreme weaknesses.

intellect, rational and emotional intelligence: astrology predicts the type of intelligence prevailing in a person

emotional self: astrology shows easily without long psychology session the emotional background and nature of a person.

etc etc etc etc

again all these are traits that cannot be coined vague: they are very basic personality traits of what makes us human....

Edited by mutant

Personally, I don't think that the zodiac rules ones whole personality in an exclusive manner, instead, our zodiacal heritage probably accentuates specific traits at different levels in each person. Some like to say that one sign is better than the other and so on, but really, each one has something unique to offer with their own "pros" and "cons" so its fair to say that each one is essentially equal yet in a different way :wink:

So I don't think Cancer is any better than the others, they are all interesting, and who knows, maybe we were born under different zodiacs in previous births :o

CANCER 21st of June – 22nd of July

04_rac.jpg

Cancer is the house of the Moon. Its metal is silver, its stone, the pearl, and white, its color.

The natives of Cancer are peaceful, but too wrathful at times.

They have an aptitude for manual arts, are very sensible and their character changes with the lunar phases.

Things go well for them on long journeys. They are very romantic, amorous and very tenacious.

The natives of Cancer have a character that is as variable as the phases of the Moon.

The natives of Cancer are peaceful by nature, but they are terrible when they become angry.

The natives of Cancer have a disposition for the manual arts, practical arts.

The natives of Cancer have a vivid Imagination, but they should be careful of Fantasy. Conscious Imagination is advisable. The mechanical imagination called fantasy is absurd.

In Cancer we sometimes find some individuals who are too passive, slack, lazy.

The natives of Cancer are very fond of novels, movies, etc.
"Practical Astrology"Samael Aun Weor

Edited by klip247
  • Like 1

Mutant,

I interpreted escapism as ignoring ones problems by either ignoring them or preoccupying the mind rather than facing/accepting these problems.I interpreted escapism as ignoring ones problems by either ignoring them or preoccupying the mind rather than facing/accepting these problems. I'm not big on Astrology so I didn't know that escapism was interpreted as the want/need for time in seclusion because while I do enjoy a social life I LOVE my time to myself so you could say that maybe I do fit escapism but I personally would say introvert possibly but even that's not the best word. I'm not sure if other pisces are the same but in my alone time I reconnect with myself and my environment so generally my alone time is long walks up in the bush. I do know of a pisces that would probably go crazy if you sent them to go camping for a few days by themselves so from experience I know that love of alone time is not true of all pisces. I'd be interested in helping out with your Neptune enquiry, what is involved in generating a whole chart?

Syner,

I'm not going to try and prove that say pisces have one set of traits and some other star sign have another set because quite frankly I don't know this myself but I will say that I used to think the same way that you do about astrology until I thought of another way of seeing it. Let me explain what led to me being more open minded about it, I will stress that this is not to the point that I think all astrology is real because I think a lot of it is still shit.

One night I was contemplating how mystics have said for centuries that everything is interconnected and I was trying to think of a way in which you could express this in a way which science could understand and therefore accept as a way to try and unify the world. As I sit there, fairly out of it I might add :shroomer:, with millions of ideas rolling through my head I was plucking the strings on my guitar, not that I am very good :lol: . I plucked an e note and felt the top string vibrate as I plucked another string and thought of harmonics and nearly as quickly as I thought of the word harmonics it hit me, what if everything in the universe is related harmonically. It could have had something to do with the reading of pythagoras' theory of a musica universalis (Musical Universe, but I just love to say it like that!) I had been doing a month or so before or my readings on Fourier Analysis that I had been doing a few days prior but to me it felt like a divine inspiration like I'd been let in on a secret of some sort. The next day I searched on the web to see if anyone had done much research into this. I found that they certainly had and one really interesting site I found was Ray Tomes and his Harmonics Theory. He shows that you can find commonalities between many cycles on Earth and cycles found in planetary orbits and this got me thinking about astrology. These aren't just in trivial things either, do a little reading and be amazed.

Then I started reading a book called Sensitive Chaos by Theodore Schwenck which is about water and how the way living bodies grow is by the same 'laws' as that of fluid motion. It shows how the initial conditions of the movement of water within the cells of a newly conceived child shape many different things in our bodies. On that note I highly recommend the book to anyone interested in observing natural systems.

Now I know this is a stretch but if something as subtle as the movement of the water inside the cells of a baby human effects in a profound way it's long term form is it not much more of a stretch to think that maybe something like a hormone, which could possibly fluctuate with cycles we observe in space, in the mother/father affects long term hormonal attributes in the human which would effect things like mood? Like I said it isn't proof but merely an idea in which one could view astrology as possibly having more of a reality than science will generally accept.

Anyway enough of my ramblings which are getting more and more off topic. Get back to posting your star signs :innocent_n:

• Like 1

^^^

very nice post

yeah introvert, introvert is the key word for pisces.

city of birth , time and date of birth are required for the generation of the natal chart.

I will return of the subject of cancer another time.