The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

BAstard cat! ... woke me up ..... (!?) just to fahkin bite me

usually when theyve just chewed the skulls and left the "meat" its because their system goes through so much calcium its unreal (this is also why you dont give dogs cat food, and the same reason dog food isnt enough for kittys)

theyre not killing for fun , even though it seems that way from the eyes of a human ;)

theyre after the skull, very cleverly and efficiently, for that rich chunk of calcium

they hardly need the meat ....from all that humans like to see them eat

also hunting is a very important part of life for any creature, be it for wild mushrooms and plants or

whatever they desire

wild animals themselves.. much smarter at the real world than some humans bubbles

....more humans interfering which in a reverse perspective I think cats are far more than accomodating

lest we try dominate them too much further than cutting them open and removing their reproductive organs

wrapping plastic collars on them till their stitches heal .. etc... "and now i have to be in at 9pm?.. fuck that"

i know what the cat would say x]

whats the fine ? and how clever are they who cooked up that little corner trap for the unsuspecting?

option a, comply and put up with the concequences from kitty and any mishaps

option b, dont have a cat at all

if enough people select b... i wonder how much the "vermin" count would rise by and at what rate

option c, find somewhere with people and rules that are at least at the bare minimum , possible...

to set up home?

option d, jail and punish severely whoever's idea it was (my fave one)

"feed im to the pigs 'arrold" :P

Brick-Top1.png

don't worry mate, if you lived in australia i wouldn't tell you when to let your cat out.

i would however trap it and let council remind you of your obligations. around here if it gets trapped twice you won't get a chance to say goodbye to it.

So Amazonian its a good law because it allows people have their furry pet, but prevent it from expressing its nocturnal and hunting instinct?

I dont know maybe you ozzies are the type that goes for enviroment protection, but I am not very convinced...

What I am saying is that its okey for people and cars and all to make cities where "endangered species" live, but cats get a night prohibitions?

and you have a cat? well, its a strange world no?

well how about banning cats overall, sounds fairer

small australian wildlife have enough problems to deal with, like imported foxes. cats also go feral, and have become a naturalised pest in their own right. if you don't want kitty to bake in the sun trying to scratch its way out of a tiny metal cage then pull your head out of your ass, some laws are for good reason.

besides which, cats can't possibly realise that they do disrespectful things to neighbouring private property. their owners possibly could.

So Amazonian its a good law because it allows people have their furry pet, but prevent it from expressing its nocturnal and hunting instinct?

What I am saying is that its okey for people and cars and all to make cities where "endangered species" live, but cats get a night prohibitions?

I feel bad for every creature that is effected by population growth and its need for more buildings and roads, i do, even the minutest insect. I am indirectly responsible for that, i live in a house and i drive a car on those roads. But... What i am saying is...Keeping cats indoors at night is also for the cats safety. In suburbia, you see a lot of squsihed cats on the side of the road. Also the damage caused to a cat during a cat fight can become and expensive visit to the vet. More often than not, these things are happening at night.

Cats catawalling (cat fight noise) can wake a whole neighbourhood...it gets all the dogs barking and then everyones awake,lol . There are positives to a cat curfew.

I know the curfews vary from suburb to suburb. Some places cats are not allowed out at all, others its cats indoors between dusk and dawn.

Cats do alright i reckon. Just read the thread, they all have us wrapped around their little paw. :)

My cats are indoor cats only... hence shiting on my belongings... i can have the front or back door wide open and they refuse to venture beyond there clocked brick n mortar territory... night or day. So there. But they still shit in weird places from time to time.

Imo keep the c#nts inside for everyones benifit n peace!

wow wert^ i think your cat is seriously trying to start a dialogue with you heehee.

Mutanto, slack cunts don't keep their cats inside at nightfall and hence the laws. Personally i'd be devasted if she inadvertantly got out and got crushed by a vehicle, so religiously, after dark the pussy plays inside. Besides she's pretty happy post-4664-0-10655600-1417680432_thumb.jppost-4664-0-05128500-1417680544_thumb.jp....

pets around our joint are family members

love eyes.jpg

grrr.jpg

love eyes.jpg

grrr.jpg

furry nuff thunder,MjAxMi03NzNjOTUxOGNjMGE3YjJi.pngI feel ya on the oz wildlife , it is like one of the last natural beauties in good nick n all

and sorry if I caused any offence, just seems like real harsh rules ....

probably easier to have my view over here in uk

and by the sounds of it ... I would have to conform or move on if I was there, I cant say I'd spend long there if I couldnt have a cat .....spesh after avenging one down to some galah

ethereal your cat is gooooorgeous !!!

bluto.gif

popeye_and_bluto_by_invademyprivacy.jpg

*flicks 3 of the fastest kittens in ur face*

*preps ur asshole for a terscheckii*

*kicks it in*

:wave-finger:

i bet you cant scream like that on the guitar eh?

9e78bae2a99cce6f52bffd8ff20b4bb77106224c

Cat_Tax-cat_with_gun_looking_out_window-

hqdefault.jpg

1989687-254538270_e377c3589b.jpg

take a run and jump

- galah, cat hater,

oh yeah thanks, I've always wanted to call someone a galah and it be apt, ... finally! :lol:

how low can ya go?

but anyway.. stick that in your pipe n smoke it :devil: *detunes ur guitar while ur not looking and fks about with the itonation in random ways* :innocent_n:

wasn me ... and you can essen mein...

Lmfao!!!

There are 16 to 23 million feral cats in Australia and they kill 70 million native animals per day, or 20 billion animals per year. They are the biggest threat to biodiversity conservation in Australia into the very remotest corners of the continent.

I won't wade into the urban/pet cat debate people are too sensitive and subjective to look at it properly.

What you call vermin we call marsupials.

300 years ago Australia had no 'domestic' cats, none of our wildlife has ever had to adapt until now.

I don't blame anyone who shoots feral cats on sight.

Just like I don't blame people for pushing to have all cats locked up 24/7 even though I personally don't lock my cat up.

well I can see the the point better now on how cats can be a pest.

the cat fight noise is also a good arguement actually.

these kind of stuff seem too alien to me, compared to the conditioning I have been through in my african country.

And Wert, that link with the missing cat was hillarious I laughed a lot!!!! CHECK IT OUT

http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

what I call vermin are usually rats n mice actually .. i dont believe we have any marsupials, .... and i personally dont class foxes as vermin - nor badgers n the things we actually do have (that might look cool with a pouch but sadly is absent)

300 years is very short, I didnt realise it was only that young, thanks ...

that definitely feels like closer to controllable "problem" then here for sure

I know statistics can be on tap to say whatever they want to over here and even if its nothing remotely true ....

i can only assume you guys must have less forgeries of that nature to actually trust them. -which would be definitely commendable

and if your results are indeed respectable , then all the good for you and your lands... and i sure hope the world that could use some....sees, and takes a leaf outta that book..

:D dont get any worries tho, no plans to emigrate :innocent_n: although I know a few who have happily...

i'm not even reading any of that let alone responding [/contribution]

i say lets keep my kitty out of it and foresake those who think otherwise

wdnt have a problem otherwise...

i recommend you get your dignity back by going out there and rescuing a kitty from a shelter

and do your bit the right way

rather than add to the troubles and stresses of some

a few of which have nobody and ... who's only pleasure in life are their kitty /pet

, hope you manage to get those terscheck spines outta ya digital ring B)

I'll try to remember to use the lube next time but dont count on it

i rescue animals as often as i can. its not my fault if pet owners are given an ultimatum by council but don't love their pet enough to do anything about it. if they gave a fuck about their own animal then wonders may never cease, it might even be feasible they'd give a fuck about animals that don't belong to them.

the feral cat problem in Australia is 100% caused by people who wont/dont manage their cats responsibly.

they dont get here any other way- they dont swim or catch a boat from Indo, they dont fly here & then overstay their fucking visa,

every one of the killing/breeding machines are the result of cat-owners.

where i am the population of Quendas (small bandicoot) has been decimated over the last few years by feral and urban pet cats,

to the stage where they seem to be almost wiped out. Its gone from seeing them foraging a few times a week at least to now just very occasionally

coming accross mutilated remains!

Its heartbreaking & infuriating & it shits me no end when people start talking about cats rights to go out at night and be cats.

edit

what about the bit where you would go and trap my cat thats the only bit that i can see is your fault -

but to imagine some grubby handed spy

waiting in a bush to trap my cat ... what did you expect?

"oh yes popeye you go take kitty oh no im so worried what the council are gna fart next"

i feel you about everything but that single one detail

and that really is like pressing the red button

i feel for your little critters and would probably adore being with them and protecting them just as much as you

but i'd rather set up an organisation to take careless owner's kittys in and maybe ... i dnno ... export them?

lol not to somewhere that would eat them tho ;)

dang its a hard problem i cant come up with an answer that would satisfy all but

to be honest ,

i care more about my kitty and

my view is "cats are so fantastic, why on earth would i want to live anywhere that I couldnt have a happy kitty"

-the vermin skills they have is something peripheral to me really, its the love and connection tween kitty n hoss

that , even as a standalone, is more than enough

Its no skin off my sack if others have a different view on the subject

so long as it doesnt involve my kitty

and i still think the rule is too harsh but then nothings really gna change that and what does it matter to you

when my cats the other side of the planet

and i think you can already guess who I'd choose to save if I could only save one of either:

your whole continent, everything in it and everybody elses land air sea or space too, fuck, even validus :o

.... or my kitty....

but here's a clue anyway

Cute+kitty+cute+kitty_b66cf6_4608839.png

It's a complicated topic. In the UK the situation is different because of the vastly different ecology and type and quality of the biodiversity; you can't really compare a domesticated cat in australia with a feral cat in australia, let alone a feral cat in australia with a domesticated cat in the uk.

Feral cats in australia did not originate from domestic cats exactly. Some arrived via dutch shipwrecks in the 17th century before settlers even got here, others arrived with the first fleet. Those first cats were used on board ships to control mice and rats. In the 19th century cats were released deliberately by settlers to control mice, rats and rabbits, they were not escaped "pets" so to speak, although eventually the result would have been the same, since pets do escape and go wild, like wild dogs escaping from (predominately) aboriginal communities and diluting the genetic purity of the dingo.

Council laws have tightened on cats in urban centres because diversity even in australian cities is very high compared to many european countries. For example there are as many bird species in the outer suburbs of sydney as in the entire uk. That being said, the proliferation of one species of australian honeyeater (noisy miner) is (quite probably according to new evidence) implicated in urban bird diversity decline in the eastern states in Australia (brisbane, sydney, melbourne) as much as the domestic cat, which is food for thought.

However the council rules exist for a very good reason, which is if your cat is outside in australia, day or night, without a lead, it will kill things, yes mice and rats but also birds, reptiles and insects as per bullit's photo. Your cat should not ever be in another person's yard or property without permission and if it is, then you have lost control of your pet, same for dogs. I commend councils for taking a harder stance on this, including mandatory de-sexing, because domestic cats definitely interbreed with feral cats otherwise.

But the situation in Australia is not entirely transferable to england so parts of the conversation do not quite make sense. People love their pets and get a good deal of solace from them, but a balance is important and in australia that includes making sure you know where your cat is and what it is doing all of the time.

I knew a man once who in one year trapped and killed fifty cats in his neighbourhood. That's pretty harsh and not really what I am advocating but for him, it was his prerogative to save the biodiversity in the leafy outer suburb in which he lived and in his garden he had painstakingly planted with local native species for the purpose of encouraging diverse bird and reptile life. If those cats were cared-for pets the question really is, what were they doing in someone else's yard?!

Look after your cats and australian biodiversity at the same time, it's not all that difficult. I really can't speak for the uk. But for some reason people are really sensitive about cats and their "rights"!

I don't wish any domestic cat any harm, but i do wish their owners had a better sense of responsibility for the actions of their beloved little lions, my very own family included!