The Corroboree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCbk-rSRoeA

Just watched the first episode of a series called "Through the Wormhole". The video above is an excerpt. I'd highly recommend watching the entire episode to anyone who's interested in the existence (or lack thereof) of god, other dimensions or spirit entities in their journeys.

To sweeten the deal, you will also be able to enjoy the dulcet tones of Morgan Freeman, who narrates.

*** Mutant, I chose this excerpt for your viewing pleasure because it seems to side with your point of view, but make sure to watch the alternative theories as well.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

I really enjoyed this thanks, we all know the left is concerned with details while the right is more holistic, though I do not see how the scientist can say that 'God" is created by the right mind. As he summed up: what is the stimulus that the right-brain is responding to?, is it creating this effect in response to a stimulus? or even detecting or assimilating with a higher vibration.

Similar to the 'consciousness being broadcast and received by the brain' versus 'conciousness created by the brain' debate.

I will have to remember this for next semester, I am already viewed as a bit of a mystic because of my fondness of philosophy over my major.

What ISN'T Morgan Freeman in?

Ha ha. That was actually my first thought when the show started. Reminded me of a family guys episode where they got Morgan Freeman in to narrate something mundane, can't remember what.

The premise of the show (in a nutshell) was presenting different scientist's view of god. The first episode had the neurologist from the clip above, two quantum mathematicians with differing beliefs based on what they had gleamed from their math, a computer programmer who ruled out the possibility of god and another who was all for it.

The ideas presented on the show are hugely simplified, but it was a nice cross section of ideas, each of which was backed up by some amount of scientific evidence.

Looking forward to episode 2.

I do not see how the scientist can say that 'God" is created by the right mind. As he summed up: what is the stimulus that the right-brain is responding to?, is it creating this effect in response to a stimulus? or even detecting or assimilating with a higher vibration.

Yeah, I treated this section with a healthy dose of skepticism myself. I don't think his experiment proves anything beyond a doubt, but I think it relates very closely to our discussions on this forum about entities in the spice space.

Are the entities real or figments of our imagination? Same question for god. I think it was Mutant who referred to the "God Circuit" or something similar in another thread. This neurologist has identified where the god circuit is, but it doesn't clarify whether we access a true divinity/other world through this section of our brain or whether our concept of divinity is wholly contained within this section of our brains.

I'm personally of the opinion that we will never be able to answer this question with 100% confidence, at least while we are alive in these bodies, but there are people who disagree with me on that. Great thing to ponder though.

Maybe we are just a simulation as described in episodes 4 and 5....it gets a bit deep for me when they start on quantum physics and stuff but I remember reading (or trying to comprehend) about an atom that was shot through a beam that would react differently if it was observed or measured. We are all atoms after all...

The helmet doesn't explain the hundreds of reports of near death experiences where events that happened after death have been reported back on resuscitation. Accurate reports of conversations that took place whilst a person was clinically dead. Maybe when the vibration/stimulation is right at a certain part of the brain it allows us to see different levels of this reality which are there all the time...just hidden from our view or wave length...I know for fact my cat sees things I can't see and I once caught my dog sitting in front of an old couch that I have in my shed wagging his tale like he was getting some attention from someone. I would really love to give the helmet a go though...hope it is one day available on ebay to plug in at home...the nurse looked like she was wrapped in it. Till then I will just have to resort to :shroomer: Its been drizzling for a day now :worship: thank you god of rain...keep it up...

While I am always interested in reading or watching things of this nature, there was very little information I hadn't heard before...

Maybe I should watch more than the first episode before criticizing though... don't wanna sound ignorant :)

I did like the comparison they drew between the way computers only actually draw what in in the field of view, and the way the universe seems to react to observation.

I've wondered for years if the universe might be a simulation, or even something like a lava lamp on God's desk...

if you want to find out why our right brain is supposedly associated with 'god' and not the left, then you might need to ask the left-lobe-centered people, f.e. me.

and if you state "we will never be able to answer this question with 100% confidence" then maybe you're asking the wrong question or maybe the desparate demand for a definite answer spoils the core of the whole thing, which is a path and not an answer.

meaning of life, is 42. If you can't deal with that, don't expect any similar questions answered in a way that satisfies you...

I had't commented so far because I haven't seen the docu yet. I hope I can settle tonight and give it a go.

Cheers

PS: ANd yeah, I have mentioned god-circuit or god-spot some times. I regard the god-spot the most important discovery related with spirituality, religion and theology and I find it disturbing people shy away from this reality.... but I guess that's the way it always went: people shy away from reality ...

Would you like to meet God?

He's inside you, standing behind the monkey.

cheers and welcome :)

Edited by mutant

that's actually a compliment coming from you, seeing how totally opposite worldviews we have, so... thank you :)

excellent docu...

what else can you say

I will only note that only the god helmet bit offers tangible proof of what god is

thanks for sharing Raba!

excellent docu...

what else can you say

I will only note that only the god helmet bit offers tangible proof of what god is

thanks for sharing Raba!

TANGIBLE PROOF.....not sure how you could come to that conclusion over an experiment that you weren't a part of and have never experienced. What is GOD???

• Like 1

Regarding the God Helmet, how many people was the experiment performed on? They only showed one girl's description of the experience... And it provides no proof of anything other than that stimulation of a particular spot in the brain results in a spiritual experience where one feels the presence of God and/or other entities...

Seems to me that these results would be better used to help explain the mechanisms of action of psychedelic drugs such as dmt.

And on another note, I watched episode 2 which is all about black holes... Now that was interesting. Black holes behaving more like fundamental particles than super massive celestial bodies... And the radiation being emitted outside the event horizon being a 2D representation of the 3D structure hiding beneath...? They then draw the conclusion that the entire universe has it's structure represented in 2D on its outer surface (or rather that the 2D reality is represented as a 3D illusion that we experience as our world)? Sometimes they go a little too far me thinks...

holographic universe... the basis of string theory

they don't go far enough!

i'm also downloading all five episodes (the five i've found anyway)

it's a shame that the concept of god is usually quite limited? everyone has to start somewhere i guess

What is GOD???

god is an experience generated from the god spot. it's an experience that might feel totally realistic, grandiose, apocalyptic. I think everyone that have had intense insight, experienced with a dissociative/psychedelic, had an apocalyptic, grandiose, epiphany experience can relate to all this. That's the point.

god's helmet is just one demo : one of the many ways to trigger the circuit.

TANGIBLE PROOF.....not sure how you could come to that conclusion over an experiment that you weren't a part of and have never experienced.

look mate this isn't some wild hypothesis from a docu crazy scientist

it's a replicatable thing you might even know better than me since many of you believe in some kind of metaphysical thing and most of it has occured during strong trips. Someone had even told me in the 'are you a believer' thread that probably most people were atheisst before their spirit-experiences, which verifies what we already know: that psychedelic's use can create or catalyze religious spirituality in non-believers or agnostics and of course strengthen the belief in theists.

taking certain drugs, having epileptic crisis, being psychotic of having a psychotiv break, having an NDE and last but not least using the god helmet can utilise the experience of god.

This is not just one scientist, nor is it latest news.

this is not even a single experiment in the docu itself, you probably weren't listening. He said X percent [80 or so?] have similar experiences. Don't remember the sample.

We know what god is, we know were god is. People might choose to shy away from this and search the answer in wild hypothesis that they're never gonna be proved. Suit yourself.

The god spot is the only tangible and replicatable explanation for what god really is. IMO it's by far the most convincing take.

But, leaving that apart, I have an even more interesting question:

Is it really like the docu scientist said, that is, god spot is for relieving anxiety of death and only that, or are there other undiscovered/unspotted functions of this circuit, other than long term managing the fear of death as side effect of advanced consciousness?

Ha ha, Mutant, I think you're the biggest theist of all of us.

Your un-wavering faith lies in the god-spot, and it is the faith that blinds you. :wink:

As you said in post #8

and if you state "we will never be able to answer this question with 100% confidence" then maybe you're asking the wrong question or maybe the desparate demand for a definite answer spoils the core of the whole thing, which is a path and not an answer.

I totally agree with the last part of this comment. Very Tao. However, I feel that you've latched on to your answer of the "god-spot".

To rebut the first part of that quote though, I'm quite content not knowing the answers to the right/wrong/just-is questions. Doesn't mean I shouldn't ask those questions. It's all brain food, and brain food is very tasty.

(nice Hitchhiker's reference, by the way :P )

cheers raba, response appreciated ;)

many times my posts could be filled with emoticons that indicate the parts I am being ironic/sarcastic , the parts I'm exaggerating and the parts I am semi-seriously arrogantly 'boasting' about my views - that would save me many enemies and misunderstandings, but this would prevent me from my

;)

well, SAB has stood the test of time for me, maybe it's time I let it loose a bit.

I could easy point out I am neither unwavering nor blinded, let alone a theist, but do you really believe I am dogmatic ? Can you show me some examples?

I'm quite content not knowing the answers

good for you, explains why you can appreciate 42

I never said asking the questions, right or wrong, is a problem, on the contrary. Desperately needing to latch to an answer is what I tried to underline, and somewhat argue about.

You know I was a very strong, hardliner atheist - I am not like that anymore. I mean, I still really feel somewhat hostile against the three monotheistic religions , but I can appreciate other kinds of religions and , most importantly, see the benefit religious spirituality has for some people. I can argue a lot about how this radical atheism of mine aint not religion, godmatism or faith on my part. Not our topic though.

Thing is that during the years and partly due to my researching psychedelic drugs I came to understand, I argue, better than before what 'god' is, whatever it is causing it, what it is that others sometimes see, feel, talk to and I don't. During the years I came to realise that my 'atrofic' right side of the brain was capable of things I ignored, and never seemed to pay attention. I came to realise this when I understood some people with really powerful 'right-lobe activity' had strong instinct, intuition and maybe some other powers I again ignored. I came to realise that since psychedelics can almost create a motif for a range of people from different walks of life, in a kind of religious spirituality, then it is quite probable natural drugs created religion or at least part-shaped religion emerging round , say, 100.000 ago? who knows? animals nevertheless still get high if they have the chance nowadays...

So this topic, religion, god, that I always liked discussing like a kid, but had totally dismissed in later years, as harmful to mankind and humanity and the planet, came to me again as fascinating while researching psychs: now religious spirituality was a totally different concept for me, a real phenomenon with countless shapes and expressions that I could not dismiss, even if I didn't experience it myself {or did I?}. I even began to try to imagine what it feels like, even if i havent talked to god myself. psychs helped a lot in that. of course they would.

And some day, I learnt about this discovery, god spot, god module, god circuit, call it what you want [the helmet causes some kind of activity in that spot, it's a demo that's all] , this brain part responsible for mans most instense experiences, some of the most characteristic authentic religious apocalypses.

Replicatable. Life-changing. Unforgettable. Caused by various reasons, but still expressed in the same part/circuit/program of the brain as measured and chartographed. Different from person to person, but with obvious statistically religious overtones. Can't deny that, can you?

Now you tell me which better possible origin of divine experiences you can give.

I like this theory because it is so simple and tangible, and when I heard about it it made so much fucking sense, it was a mini-apocalypse by its own. Slowly, I start to feel it even fits me, my own 'spirituality', in this 'god' thing.

This really feels like the real deal, not only one theory, or at least a part of the truth of the religious experience. People experience god and religious like experiences while on lsd and other psychedelics. We already knew that. It's in perfect accordance to what we get to know about god spot.

To me it's like "we found the spot". that's it

~We found it! We found god! [euphemisms and claps] :uzi:

~So what? what does it do? why it's for? [ :huh: ]

Actually, god spot doesn't answer really lots of questions apart of some basics, about the real 'nature' of 'god'.

Now, like I already said, accepting for a while that god experiences are generated by the brain, by this particular circuit, we have a series of brand new, interesting questions, of this type it can be the tastiest brainfood IMO:

why was this circuit evolved and when?

what triggered it? were psychedelics in the group of the triggers that eventually occured? sure feels also kind of true and compatible with the big picture

do lesser primates have less advanced g-spots, ancestors of our own advnaced ones? Have we measured animals brains on drugs ?

why does it still exist, evolutionary if it was a former need of ancient man to have religion? do we still need god by nature or he is mostly enforced to us by major religions, especially ofthe monotheistic type?

does it have other properties/functions OR

if religious persons need that god function, as it seems from evolutionary point of view, do religiousless/atheist persons NOT need it? How come?

Is it that for some godless/atheist person the g-spot plays a different role? Maybe non-religious persons can be helped by the functions of the g-spot as religious persons are helped by their religious exeperiences?

And right now, as I am writing this, remembering all my apocalyptic experiences which are not few, but are not very often extremely intense, has me in thought. I think I just found what initially seems to be the first unifying point between the rational-atheist-selfdiscovery approach of mine and maybe a couple of like minded folks too and the more believer type of practicioner. The point is the 'whole'. The everything. When it ALL makes sense. I realise I experience this everything in a more personal and even egoistic point of view, but it's really about everything, and this whole is the very core of the excitement of being there. Can be done playing the synth, or playing the drum, can be done singing or psysically practicing. No barriers, many many different ways to 'call the spirits'. And each has his own.

Ok, I admit, my relationship with drugs has too a religious-like overtone. But it's personal, I don't preach. ;)

how more openminded you like to be convinced?

Well I hope this partly proves I am not some theist and definately not unwavering. :rolleyes:

PS: wow this is a great post of mine, i wasn't offensive at all [how did I do it?!??!?? :P ] and the message got through, I think...

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2

wow this is a great post of mine, i wasn't offensive at all [how did I do it?!??!?? :P ] and the message got through, I think...

Agreed. Gave you a plus 1 for it. :wink:

I like this theory because it is so simple and tangible, and when I heard about it it made so much fucking sense, it was a mini-apocalypse by its own. Slowly, I start to feel it even fits me, my own 'spirituality', in this 'god' thing.

This really feels like the real deal, not only one theory, or at least a part of the truth of the religious experience. People experience god and religious like experiences while on lsd and other psychedelics. We already knew that. It's in perfect accordance to what we get to know about god spot.

I think what you're describing here is probably what a lot of us feel when we come towards belief. There are so many different possibilities for "the truth", perhaps as many possibilities as there are people on the planet. I imagine that like a fingerprint, our beliefs are individual to each of us. While many people have whorls on their fingerprints, there are enough tiny differences to make the fingerprint unique.

Beliefs are cool. They give us motivation to live the best life we can. In the same respect, beliefs are just that... beliefs. Some people believe in a personified god, some people believe in a portion of the brain that simulates a god experience, some people believe in a higher power that stimulates that same spot in the brain. You don't need proof to believe. You only need to find the theory that feels right to you.

I used to say that I didn't believe in anything, but I found that my life became clearer when I found belief. What's my belief? That I'll understand the universe when I die. I have no proof for that... I could just end up a rotting corpse in the ground with no consciousness. But... the idea sits well with me and gives me motivation in my life.

Mutant, I hope you know I was having a dig with my last post calling you a theist. Well... sort of. Although not technically a theist, you do seem to be as sold on a the idea that god definitely does not exist as hard-core theists are sold on the idea that god does exist.

Ok, I admit, my relationship with drugs has too a religious-like overtone. But it's personal, I don't preach. ;)

:)

without question, you have made bold dogmatic statements. no question there. i'm not going to find the examples, you're the one that typed them, figure it out yourself.

religion is unlikely to be 100 000 years old! and certainly monotheistic religion is likely to be very recent, human beings were pretty much the same animal then as they are now.

maybe we are genetically engineered by aliens and having a god spot suited their purposes? eg allowing them to convince us that they are god/s so that we'll slave in their spice mines and worship them.

Thunder

I have made wonderful statements. There's nothing to figure out, you said you don't like to talk to me remember?

Birth of religion is definately located at least about 100.000 years ago. That is archeological finds indicating ceremonial burials and significant objects for the deceased included in the tombs.

And surely monotheistic religions are recent. Have a nice day, believer ;)

Raba, the discussion is less about belief and the like , since this started as a thread on current theories of the creation and/or nature of god, belief and faith is the theological take. This thread is about real theories, not irrational shit only justified by belief.

This is about the notion of god-creator. About the question of whether someone/something created all this.

I find the creation of the universe by god is very related to what god really is and the origin or religion... Belief is of course related, as it is related with everything people want/need/decide to follow even though it might be irrational and stupid.

Anyways, Raba

you do seem to be as sold on a the idea that god definitely does not exist as hard-core theists are sold on the idea that god does exist.

no, not really. god exists, in the brain ;)

don't you get it? the experiences are genuine IMO. God is an experience.

I just do not believe there is an outside, autonomous god. And, to be honest, there's absolutely no evidence from an outside god, there's only wide evidence of brainwashed, naive, disillusioned, crazy, epileptic or drug taking people.

In fact, all the evidence we got, from the totally different beliefs, dogmas, interpretations of god, the presence of god-spot and relation of it with god experiences and varius milder point of views about god all indicate god lives in the mind and is probably something like a link with 'the other', the 'whole'.

The god spot shows us how the experience is generated, and where it's really located, what parts of the brain it involves. The theory about god spot does not explain why we have it, what purpose it serves.

• Like 1

He he he. and minus 1 for that last post. :wink:

do you really believe I am dogmatic ? Can you show me some examples?

From Wiki

Dogma is the established belief or doctrine held by a religion, ideology or any kind of organization: it is authoritative and not to be disputed, doubted or from which diverged.

Now, re-read that last post of yours and you'll find yourself plenty of examples of your dogmatic way of thinking.

i guess that depends how you define religion. if religion simply means belief in the supernatural, then it's probably more pertinent to ask 'when was religion first doubted?'. as an institution of the supernatural i'm guessing religion is about as old as civilisation/babylon.

so first you say "I could easy point out I am neither unwavering nor blinded, let alone a theist, but do you really believe I am dogmatic ? Can you show me some examples?"

i call your bluff. you have made dogmatic statements. you respond by saying "i have made wonderful statements".

i don't even have to find examples because all you have to do is scroll up and read your last post.

that is why you're a twit. putting you on ignore because even though i like some of what you post, this shit has been going on years it seems! i've had enough.

Alright I admit my last post was a bit harsh, but it came only as a reaction to thunder, huh? I will try a bit more this time.

Beeherbeerbgreenbeeersherbbeer :)

fuck nobody wants to discuss the thread topic?

so this is again a talk about me???? what an honour.... again!

you are talking about my tone?? that particular tone I explained a couple of posts above that I often use provocatively?

So ok, enough about the tone, what about the real thing? What about the real ideas and discussion?

Thunder>>>

i guess that depends how you define religion. if religion simply means belief in the supernatural, then it's probably more pertinent to ask 'when was religion first doubted?'. as an institution of the supernatural i'm guessing religion is about as old as civilisation/babylon.

i am talking about what the scientific consensus seems to acknowledge as the birth of 'religion' : the first evidence of awe and ceremony in front of the

phenomenon of death. And this is probably much older than what evidence suggest, that is 110.000~100.000 years ago >>>> You're absolutely right in that last phrase, but I would suggest the notion/concept of metaphysical ideas came later than the initial 'religious-like' spark: awe in front of death and the phenomenon of life coupled by a good dose of self awareness, in other words selfconsciousness...

nah.... next...

the boring job of indicating I am not dogmatic... apart from being sarcastic and provocative from times to times, huh?

so first you say "I could easy point out I am neither unwavering nor blinded, let alone a theist, but do you really believe I am dogmatic ? Can you show me some examples?"

i call your bluff. you have made dogmatic statements. you respond by saying "i have made wonderful statements".

i don't even have to find examples because all you have to do is scroll up and read your last post.

was not a bluff. while writting this I could not imagine that very post is the best example of this. I got it while on the process of writting it... Just remember what topic we are discussing... I am serious when I say my ideas shifted quite a bit while writing that post. shifted permanently I mean. that temporary permanent, till the next 'improvement'.

points of views anyway

So I already did this. In the parts of my previous posts I am really explaining my real views and their evolution, it is more than evident that I am ever evolving my views about the notion of god through the years . I was even evolving them during writing that first post Raba voted positive.

here's the awesome fucking parts I demonstrate I am not a fanatic but a dynamic ever evolving motherfucker in my views. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

:devil::blush::innocent_n::shroomer::worship::devil::drool2: ]

You know I was a very strong, hardliner atheist - I am not like that anymore. I mean, I still really feel somewhat hostile against the three monotheistic religions , but I can appreciate other kinds of religions and , most importantly, see the benefit religious spirituality has for some people. I can argue a lot about how this radical atheism of mine aint not religion, godmatism or faith on my part. Not our topic though.

Thing is that during the years and partly due to my researching psychedelic drugs I came to understand, I argue, better than before what 'god' is, whatever it is causing it, what it is that others sometimes see, feel, talk to and I don't. During the years I came to realise that my 'atrofic' right side of the brain was capable of things I ignored, and never seemed to pay attention. I came to realise this when I understood some people with really powerful 'right-lobe activity' had strong instinct, intuition and maybe some other powers I again ignored. I came to realise that since psychedelics can almost create a motif for a range of people from different walks of life, in a kind of religious spirituality, then it is quite probable natural drugs created religion or at least part-shaped religion emerging round , say, 100.000 ago? who knows? animals nevertheless still get high if they have the chance nowadays...

So this topic, religion, god, that I always liked discussing like a kid, but had totally dismissed in later years, as harmful to mankind and humanity and the planet, came to me again as fascinating while researching psychs: now religious spirituality was a totally different concept for me, a real phenomenon with countless shapes and expressions that I could not dismiss, even if I didn't experience it myself {or did I?}. I even began to try to imagine what it feels like, even if i havent talked to god myself. psychs helped a lot in that. of course they would.

And some day, I learnt about this discovery, god spot, god module, god circuit, call it what you want [the helmet causes some kind of activity in that spot, it's a demo that's all] , this brain part responsible for mans most instense experiences, some of the most characteristic authentic religious apocalypses.

and then, more important

And right now, as I am writing this, remembering all my apocalyptic experiences which are not few, but are not very often extremely intense, has me in thought. I think I just found what initially seems to be the first unifying point between the rational-atheist-selfdiscovery approach of mine and maybe a couple of like minded folks too and the more believer type of practicioner. The point is the 'whole'. The everything. When it ALL makes sense. I realise I experience this everything in a more personal and even egoistic point of view, but it's really about everything, and this whole is the very core of the excitement of being there. Can be done playing the synth, or playing the drum, can be done singing or psysically practicing. No barriers, many many different ways to 'call the spirits'. And each has his own.

another proof of non dogmatism about this perticular topic?

thunder

maybe we are genetically engineered by aliens and having a god spot suited their purposes? eg allowing them to convince us that they are god/s so that we'll slave in their spice mines and worship them.

well that's a general thingy you're saying there, but I don't find the possibility of this planet/world/reality being an alien experiment outlandish. Actually i find this possibility more 'probable' = easy to believe, than the theory in the documentary about us being a simulation, a program on some advanced computers of other beings, which I also liked and not totally find unbelievable...

in fact I suspect that some alien knowledge might have effected the root of evolution here. in my mind, this is also linked with the thread alkaloid evolution

You think I preach I know were we come from?

No I dont

You think I believe this is all by some mistake accident natural selection??

fuck no

this is some serious shit...

this could be a coincidence, yeah

do I believe it? no, I dont really know, no consensus :)

who dictates natural laws?

is it important?

do cats come out at night?

it is important those moments, I guess..

those unique moments of epiphany, it is important who dictates natural laws.

and that bliss, that brings on the equilibrium, is somewhat linked to the message "you are part of it, one with it, and it is one and whole and huge and universal"

this part I believe. This is the most religious lesson I learnt from psychdelics. Actually this is the part that is still shaping me and driving my energy , my chosen path.

I don't know If you care, but posts like these are like a personal diary - only public. I am real, I know that. I am not an illusion.

thundersaid this must have been going on for long time... yes it has been. one decade and a half, more or less.

these are notes. I first wrote them here, but I know I will need them in the future.

peace

viva la SAB

respect the wormhole

enter if you chose

peace and love

Edited by mutant

Personally, im generally "not too sure" about anything. I view this not as a viewpoint of "dreaded insecurity about everything" and certainly not as a "laudanum for questions". I view this as a realistic approach whereas i try to find everything i can and how it relates to me ,as a life path.

On the god spot, im not too sure (hehehhe) , but i think the brain is the first place i would start looking about the notion of "god" or of "the otherside".Now there could be many arguments even Russel Teapots (heh google) , one could even "remove the subject from the realms of analysis" so it stays safe from inspection. Either way, if one will get anxious or passionate about defending or fighting an idea , depends on what he/she has invested on it. I do not feel the existence of a god or an otherside or an exotic theory a prerequisite to my happyness. In the past i may have crusaded about some ideas, but i saw that one does not need to crusade he/she can release his/her ideas and discuss them in a non prosylitising way. The ones that can hear and discuss them ,will do so : arguing also shows critical thinking if its done without a vested interest or without a predetermined "end point" (or else its a crusade agaist the crusade masqueraded like an inquiry). Interesting discussion...

It also has to do with what one thinks of a religion : i know non religious people that i cant stand them for a moment, and i know highly religious people that happen to be in my inner circle of close friends. Depends one what does with belief.

For the time being im looking around for schematics of a transcranial magnetic stimulation device (erm...the worst terms seem to get the best of good ideas re: god helmet, people like po(o)p science simplifications),seems doable from a hardware point of view, although one should take great care with stimulation of the brain. All in all an interesting idea ;)

Personally, im generally "not too sure" about anything. I view this not as a viewpoint of "dreaded insecurity about everything" and certainly not as a "laudanum for questions". I view this as a realistic approach whereas i try to find everything i can and how it relates to me ,as a life path.

Just doing some net surfing today and came across this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_vat

Good argument for not being too sure about anything.