The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Schitztrip

Cough Syrup, DXM in Australia???

Great to be listening to such a knowledgeable group.

Will try DXM soon (300mg) as suggested by tryptaminer. What was the name of that cough syrup? (;-) (dont answer that!)

"The universe is unfolding as it should"

Al.

Originally posted by Chemical Shaman:

[

A lot of people view it as a bit of a "gutter drug" because you can get it in cough syrup but I think it's one of the most amazing drugs in existence. Right up there with LSD.

On that subject: I still believe that LSD is a lot less damaging for the body, because you need only just about 100 millonth of a gram, while with DXM you need 600 000 millonth of a gram(600 microgram).

There are serious long term effects, and noticeable for the next 9 months, however I did not know this until I stopped.

Yeah, I agree with CS. I did use it quite a bit, 2-3 times a week, until I couldn't take the taste of Robo anymore. I never had any after-effects.

"

re: knowledge-level of pharmacy assistants:

me:"(points to label on package -- for the record, it reads "each 10ml of syrup contains 30mg dextromethorphan hydrobromide")Is this the only active ingredient in this?"

woman behind counter:"Yes, thats all...dextromorphine..."

Originally posted by gomaos:

On that subject: I still believe that LSD is a lot less damaging for the body, because you need only just about 100 millonth of a gram, while with DXM you need 600 000 millonth of a gram(600 microgram).

Well actually anywhere from 200-1000miligrams wink.gif i think you got your maths a little mixed up there smile.gif

If I was to apply the exact same analogy to breakfast cereal for example , would it be the same? For example I have two bowls of weet-bix. In one bowl I put several large table spoons of white sugar in the other bowl I put a several tea-spoons of rat poison , which one would you eat?

DXM and LSD are two completely different substances but yes I do agree with you on this in any case. I think LSD is a very safe drug , just not because of the microgram thing.

CS please elaborate on the grapefruit seed extract, what is its purpose?

Matrix we live in everyday. Moderation.

It's feels like a lifetime since I last did psychedelics.hmmmm

Just try those HBWR seeds. They won't harm ya.

Well actually anywhere from 200-1000miligrams wink.gif i think you got your maths a little mixed up there smile.gif

I don't think so. 600 milligrams is right in the middle between 200mg and 1000mg (1g)

And then 100 micrograms of LSD is also just in the middle between 50 and 150 micrograms.

If I was to apply the exact same analogy to breakfast cereal for example , would it be the same? For example I have two bowls of weet-bix. In one bowl I put several large table spoons of white sugar in the other bowl I put a several tea-spoons of rat poison , which one would you eat?

To liken DXM to sugar? I don't know, but then again sugar is pretty unhealthy.

I for one would only put a couple of teaspoons of sugar into my cereal.

Yeah right and LSD is just a derivate of something extremely poisonous. You're right there.

DXM and LSD are two completely different substances but yes I do agree with you on this in any case. I think LSD is a very safe drug , just not because of the microgram thing.

CS,

I cannot remember where I got the figure of 1.8 times the brain damage of alcohol compared to DXM, I think a friend told me, but there is extensive material on brain damage in the DXM FAQ, which contains a lot of the negative aspects of DXM I have explained.

I too have DXM powder, but I am not tempted to touch it either. I agree that DXM is an absolutely amazing drug, but for me and most of the other users I have talked to, agree that it is not a suitable recreational drug, it is strongly advised against doing DXM more than once a week.

I have over 50 DXM trips under my belt over a period of 12 months, when I was doing DXM. CS, can you tell me you didnt experience ANY negative affects after you stopped doing DXM?

What would I have to gain by making things up? I read the facts, then make my judgement if it coincides with my personal experiences...

I was going to say something but I think CS basically covered my point of view. I've used 13grams in a fairly short period, usually once a week at about 800mg, never felt sick or hungover and actually always felt great the next day. Just to answer trypt's question, no I didnt have any negative effects at all when I stopped, only positive. smile.gif

You realy cant put a figure like 1.8 times more harmful that alcohol on it, with such little research you cant possibly be acurate to a decimal point, sounds like someones spinning shit.

Originally posted by tryptaminer:

CS,

I have not known or experienced any physical side affects apart from brain damage, minor though.

How do you know you experienced minor brain damage?

After my first 1000mg dose, the next day, I was pretty hungover, not like an alcohol hangover, but I had depleted motor affects and wasnt thinking clearly at all.

Is that your proof of brain damage? 1gram lasts a long time, you were still tripping!

I know that brain damage in DXM is from memory 1.8 times worse than alcohol, and the long term effects are definite.

Another negative affect is addiction potential, after my first dose, I had done it again 3 times in the same week.

Why do you think long term effects are definite? I have done ALOT of research on this reading and re-reading shit loads of info and everywhere I read it says that any damage is reverse-able. Addiction? You did it 3 times in the same week because you wanted to, not because you had to, you can get addicted after repeated frequent use, not after the first time. I didnt have any probs with addiction.

peace

Originally posted by gomaos:

I don't think so. 600 milligrams is right in the middle between 200mg and 1000mg

Yes it is. But you wrote 600 micrograms. If this was an active dose half the kids in the world would be tripping the light fantastic right now. Not to mention the immense ego death experience. 600 micrograms is wishful thinking , DXM blotter would be kick ass.

To liken DXM to sugar?

No only pointing out that LSD and DXM are completetly different substances the way that lolli-pops and shoes are completely different substances. My only point is that you shouldn't base you safety views on dosage amounts for 2 different items smile.gif

Just try those HBWR seeds. They won't harm ya.

This is quite odd. Everybody has been mailing me HBWR lately. I think there is a very clear message here. Maybe I should give it another burl.

Originally posted by tryptaminer:

I cannot remember where I got the figure of 1.8 times the brain damage of alcohol compared to DXM, I think a friend told me

In primary school my best friend told me that a giant squid ate his dads boat and i believed him. It's quite possible that this figure has been completely made up also.

Im am only so reluctant to believe this because I have never read it anywhere. Doesn't mean it's not true just means it likely hasn't been proven.

but there is extensive material on brain damage in the DXM FAQ, which contains a lot of the negative aspects of DXM I have explained.

Absoloutely. The majority of it is precautionary to prevent excessive abuse which can be extremely damaging as with all froms of substance abuse. The real danger here is the lesions I spoke of earlier and they are incredibly uncommon. It's easy to work yourself up about something you believe to be dangerous , I have done this myself many times and to this day there are plenty of things that I won't touch becauase of a stigma , nothing more.

most of the other users I have talked to, agree that it is not a suitable recreational drug, it is strongly advised against doing DXM more than once a week.

I would say that once a week is excessive , sure people have their binges from time to time but doing any psychedelic drugs on a weekly basis can't be a good thing. It's incredibly hard to stay grounded when 1 out of 7 days are spent in another world. It makes reality harder to tolerate and it's the very reason addictions are formed. If you are going to do psychedelics once a week you are better to space them out eg. Ecstacy one week , DXM the next week , LSD the week after etc. etc. I have made the mistake of being monogamous to certain drugs in the past and have felt it to be fairly detremental. Remember that variety is the spice of life. That's why I masturbate with my ankles from time to time, it makes a nice change from good ol' lefty or righty.

I have over 50 DXM trips under my belt over a period of 12 months, when I was doing DXM. CS, can you tell me you didnt experience ANY negative affects after you stopped doing DXM?

Yes I honestly can. I should point out also that when I was dexing 3-4 times a week I wasn't doing it alone. I was doing it with my best friend and his sister. Infact it was always me that was moderating. We would have been doing it much more frequently if it wasn't for me saying NO and printing out the literature detailing Olneys Lesions and other dangers. When there was no longer a need for the DXM anymore we all just stopped together and none of us experienced ANY of the negative effects you talk about. It's quite easy to get caught up in the placebo of something , it's happened to me in the past and YES if you're body chemistry aint up to scrath im sure you will experience negative effects the following day from depleted supplies of neuro-transmitters or lack of hydration or anything really. I never experienced anything negative , nobody I know has experienced anything negative , apart from the throwing up thing which is easy enough to get a handle on.

What would I have to gain by making things up? I read the facts, then make my judgement if it coincides with my personal experiences

I don't think you are making anything up and I don't mean any hard feelings by any of this. Im sure this is true for YOU specifically. It's not the same for everyone and I had nothing but good things come from DXM back in the time I was using it.

Ok, I have taken your points into consideration and I agree that DXM is great, unlike anyting else, maybe MDMA.

For a while I was excessively using it, I did not notice any negative effects really until I started the powder, then the bad affects started after use.

Using Robitussin was great, I did it a few times in the first week of use, I wasnt addicted, I just loved it!

The number of 1.8, from memory is a bit uncertain, but a friend, who knows a shitload about pharmacology, and he and some other of our friends, pointed out the negative effects of DXM, and I didnt believe him, I noticed them only after I cut down the frequency and increased my dosages.

I am not certain about the brain damage, I strongly believe it kills a significant amount of brain cells, that friend said that alcahol causes x amount of brain damage and that DXM causes 2-4 times that or something.

Last year I would have been campaigning for everyone to do DXM, but after my experiences I just want people to make the right choice, sure try DXM but dont think its a medicinal herb wink.gif

peace

- tryptaminer

if you want an amazing trip, screw the cough medicine and make some aya!! this is nasty shit and dont even bother with agent lemon, if ya gonna do it do an a/b extraction with vinigar,lye,and zippo,

swim can tell you how to if any1 interested?