The Corroboree
Meditator

Mind machine for my birthday, anyone else tried?

Im turning 18 on April 4th. I put it to my mum that i wanted a mind machine and now were getting one.

If you go on ebay or google images and search "MicroBeatMini" youll see the model ive bought.

Has anyone else ever had any experience with it? First time hearing about these devices?

Essentially its a Ganzfeld device. Dont know what that is? Quickly go look up "Ganzfeld experiment" on youtube or google.

The device essentially flashes coloured LED lights before your eyes and the music is brainwave entrainment type sounds (Binaural beats and isochronic tones). And after watching and listening to this device for a while you will literally start Hallucinating!

Ive made one of these devices myself before and had hallucinations both visual and auditory. I saw Flashes of lightning with sound!

Some people have full blown out of body experiences with these devices.

At 200 dollars its definitely an investment, but to me its totally worth it.

• Like 1

If youre already schizophrenic or on a hallucinogen its just that much more intense. Its actually usually overwhelming i hear.

You might trip for a few seconds but your brain will wiggle out of it pretty quick unless your already bonkers?

Im turning 18 on April 4th. I put it to my mum that i wanted a mind machine and now were getting one.

The device essentially flashes coloured LED lights before your eyes and the music is brainwave entrainment type sounds (Binaural beats and isochronic tones).

You've got a pretty cool mum :)

You wouldn't wanna suffer from epilepsy hey. I think that sort of light flashing sets it off, lol.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences. :)

a friend of mine has a similar, earlier device like that . we know it as the 'light and sound machine. ' I have spent ages with that thing pulsing away inside my head. my friend ( you know who you are ;) ) has stopped using it while under the influence as he thought the assisted visions were persisting into normal life a bit more than comfortable. be careful.!

• Like 1

i asked out of curiosity and to try to be funny, and because i was pretty sure meditator tried it with acid first, without acid second.

but apart from some novelty, as if chemical induced visions need any augmentation. the capacity for perception is the real bottleneck, but that bottleneck can arguably be altered by all kinds of activities, including time with brainwave generators.

so yeah, i'm sorry for immediately connecting the two.

it's cool how it just becomes part of your head, because headphones and a laptop isn't the most immersive method.

Once i get the device in the mail ill straight away open it, charge it and write an experience report on this thread.

• Like 1

Awesome idea man! ive always wanted to use one of these... Didn't they use to do stuff like that in america in the 60's? with lsd and random test subjects..... kinda scary really haha

But i feel like maybe a sensory deprivation tank would be better? if not more expensive but probably worth it

Stanislav Grof has a great story from his first ever LSD experience, it's in the preface of his book 'The Holotropic Mind'

Here's a youtube video briefly describing it...

• Like 1

So I just got done using my microbeatmini for the first time.

Some experiences i had were that of changing vivid colours. Alteration of consciousness. Relaxation. A sense of delight.

Changing the colours of light the glasses were flashing directly affected the alteration of my consciousness. Red was very strong.

Im probably going to use this thing everyday

I've had a good mate give me a run on his 'mind modulator' (I think that's what it was called) in an altered state. Old school headset with glasses and a tape player I think.

It was actually a closed eye device, and the sound changes correlated with very specific visual changes.

Very cool, a little unsettling, and highly psychedelic. First time users exercise caution when tripping is combined with balls.

That sounds similar to my device, minus the tape player. You gotta play it through an iphone or cd player. Some of the specific changes it makes with the music is seriously psychedelic.

You gotta close your eyes with mine as well.