The Corroboree

no misandry, mind your own launching perhaps.

my point there was only that fatherhood does not make the man. in this way i think we're on the same page maurice, unless you are trying to shift an unfair level of blame onto women. the fact is that if you popped out a baby or assisted in the conception, you are nothing special, not by that act alone.

GP

"its easy to take me the wrong way.

I invite you to look slightly deeper.

Maybe into hypnosis/hypnotherapy too.

Many ppl find its far from manipulation- its more about

compelling/ effective communication and self exploration."

i guess if somebody is aware of what is going on and a willing participant, then i was unfair. since you will usually deal with people who are more ignorant in the matters of hypnosis etc, i think only you can say whether an interaction was genuine or if you used your training to take advantage of their ignorance. i admit that i find this kind of thing repulsive as well as alluring. moreso repulsive, because to me it's wielding control of others, and that's a dangerous thing. think of tolkien's one ring. even the most staunch and illuminated personalities can not resist it for long. just a poor example, i won't get into that, i just wanted to say a few words on why i might be quick to judge.

i have taken from hinduism that to love is to control, and to be controlled by love is the cream of life. this sits comfortably with me. maybe it's an attitude that isn't compatible much of the population, whatever. as kamikaze idealists i think we can manifest this kind of paradigm shifts, from our infinite minds, SPLASH SPLASH, onto the canvas of now.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

no misandry, mind your own launching perhaps.

my point there was only that fatherhood does not make the man. in this way i think we're on the same page maurice, unless you are trying to shift an unfair level of blame onto women. the fact is that if you popped out a baby or assisted in the conception, you are nothing special, not by that act alone.

No, just trying to shift a FAIR level of blame onto women,

I don't believe in gestatory martyrdom either,

however I AM the father of 3 sons (22,16,13 yoa),

fatherhood definitely is a major part of manhood,

and there is a biological, as well as sociological reason.

Couvade has been established as a change in male bonding

hormones, and of course, responsibility comes with being a parent.

TI, if you are not a parent yet, then Misandry (re your posts)

is your launching pad.

Edited by Maurice

just finished reading this....http://realitysandwich.com/polyamory_parade

then came to the corroboree and found this thread. interesting thread. devance...i'm not sure what the hell you are talking about.

Thanks for this link...i loved it!

Reading posts on this very interesting topic has set me on a journey... where it goes i have no idea... but i feel open and ready to let go of the old conditioned ways that lead to jealousy, possessiveness, ownership (the illusion of), trying to control another, fear (of being alone or not being 'loved'), and addiction to sex (which seemed to be connected to the fear of losing a monogamous partner)....

What, TI is a F ??? That explains some things .... :P

There is no honesty but only hypocrisy in passing this off as polyamory. This is more about bragging. When each of these three women are also sleeping with three different men then you may be in a position to talk about honesty and how workable polyamory is.

exactly! Or maybe, have 2 male friends/mate/whatever sleeping with the very same two girls or leaving in the same fucking house. And fuck this is not even polyamory, just polyfucking....

I have been in love with 3 girls simultaneously [each case one on one thing though, never done a multi thing], but I have only loved one per time, and I am quite convinced it would be from tricky to impossbile to love more than one girl per time... So being in love is really different than loving... english language is not that rich in that regard. Plus, people use this fucking words amore, love so fucking easy... I never did and thus I hold the concept of love very very high... These girls might be really alright, but I doubt that they have no issues between them.

And yeah, as you get older [more mature, evolving??] , parenthood is totally relevant to the subject. Parents who commented should be taken into account, not dismissed...

If people don't change that much when they have kids, maybe they should, and maybe, just maybe, the world might become a better place if we only try to become better parents than the ones we had....

Edited by mutant

exactly! Or maybe, have 2 male friends/mate/whatever sleeping with the very same two girls or leaving in the same fucking house. And fuck this is not even polyamory, just polyfucking....

I have been in love with 3 girls simultaneously [each case one on one thing though, never done a multi thing], but I have only loved one per time, and I am quite convinced it would be from tricky to impossbile to love more than one girl per time... So being in love is really different than loving... english language is not that rich in that regard. Plus, people use this fucking words amore, love so fucking easy... I never did and thus I hold the concept of love very very high... These girls might be really alright, but I doubt that they have no issues between them.

That’s why we call it polyamory and not polygamy :)

It might be hard to imagine how someone could love multiple people with the same passion and genuine commitment as you love your single partner but its hard to imagine how someone could willfully put themselves into a lucid dream or expand there perception of time through meditation.. im trying to say that it takes work but the benefits are worth it.

So what's your definition? Why shouldn't the subject of multiple relationships include topics such as oxytocin, fear, STD's STI's: Loss of face, immorality etc.? Perhaps many people are influenced by such things when deciding whether or not polyamory is right for them?

check out the earlier posts :) and my comment was directed at people who kept bogging the thread down with crap about fucking lots of people. I think the posts about oxytocin, fear, STD's STI's are valid (in fact fear is one of the things that i spoke of)

From a medical POV, polyamory with unprotected sex, inevitably leads to inbreeding of children.

Really???? thats amazing, i would have thought that there would have to be some degree of consanguineous matings to lead to inbreeding depression (and that it would have to be maintained over at least a few generations).

Are you working off the assumption that in a small polyamorous community every male will breed with every female and that this group will isolate themselves for several generations? That could result in inbreeding depression (no more then a small community of monogamous people breeding with each other in an isolated environment though).

A man or woman enjoying a polyamorous relationship with a range of people is likely to choose a mother/father for their child, they may have several children with that one partner and none with the others or a few children with a few partners or even one with each.. im trying to say that the workings of each polyamorous relationship is likely to be different and you should be careful making assumptions (just as you should be careful making assumptions about any relationship)

Furthermore, recent medical research is showing that the absence of biological father in child's

life leads to child brain developmental retardation, clinical anxiety disorders, premature menarche of daughters, etc, etc.

To me this sounds like endorsement for polyamory but then again i just checked out the Australian Bureau of Statistics and learned that 47 963 divorces were granted in 2007 and 49% of these involved children. Your statment does seem to miss the mark anyway considering no one (that i am aware of) has suggested that men or women in polyamorous relationships stop seeing their partner after having a child.

If a monogamous relationship fails quiet often the parent with custody of the child raises it with their new partner, it can be very difficult for the other biological parent to spend a significant amount of time with the child due to jealousy issues from the new partners. This is far less of an issue (if it is at all an issue) in polyamorous relationships.

The impact a fathers (or mothers) absence has on a child’s development is a contentious issue though the literature is cram packed with studies that have found no developmental deficits in children raised without a male role mode let-alone a biological father. Check your references you may have swallowed some anti-lesbianism propaganda.

Men, if you decide for this lifestyle, then male contraception is vital!

you do know that polyamory is mutual don’t you? Its not just men who can have multiple partners.

You seem to have a lot of very strange misconceptions about polyamory, I suggest you read the earlier posts.

Really???? thats amazing, i would have thought that there would have to be some degree of consanguineous matings to lead to inbreeding depression (and that it would have to be maintained over at least a few generations).

Are you working off the assumption that in a small polyamorous community every male will breed with every female and that this group will isolate themselves for several generations? That could result in inbreeding depression (no more then a small community of monogamous people breeding with each other in an isolated environment though).

A man or woman enjoying a polyamorous relationship with a range of people is likely to choose a mother/father for their child, they may have several children with that one partner and none with the others or a few children with a few partners or even one with each.. im trying to say that the workings of each polyamorous relationship is likely to be different and you should be careful making assumptions (just as you should be careful making assumptions about any relationship)

To me this sounds like endorsement for polyamory but then again i just checked out the Australian Bureau of Statistics and learned that 47 963 divorces were granted in 2007 and 49% of these involved children. Your statment does seem to miss the mark anyway considering no one (that i am aware of) has suggested that men or women in polyamorous relationships stop seeing their partner after having a child.

If a monogamous relationship fails quiet often the parent with custody of the child raises it with their new partner, it can be very difficult for the other biological parent to spend a significant amount of time with the child due to jealousy issues from the new partners. This is far less of an issue (if it is at all an issue) in polyamorous relationships.

The impact a fathers (or mothers) absence has on a child’s development is a contentious issue though the literature is cram packed with studies that have found no developmental deficits in children raised without a male role mode let-alone a biological father. Check your references you may have swallowed some anti-lesbianism propaganda.

you do know that polyamory is mutual don’t you? Its not just men who can have multiple partners.

You seem to have a lot of very strange misconceptions about polyamory, I suggest you read the earlier posts.

Relative consanguineous matings is the issue- 1st cousin or brother/sister, and no, need not be maintained over at least several generations.

No it seems you are assuming that I am assuming such, not at all!

The only medically safe process for offspring is if BOTH man and women make the decision!

Are you saying that children of polyamorous relationships are somehow protected from parental alienation after divorce, over and above children of monogomous relationships? Go sit in the Family Court for a day and get an education,

and who pays the child support?

That is why the current medical literature is using fMRI to establish damage to children.

That is why joint custody is becoming the norm after divorce.

You need to read the reports into shared care, that were written, for changes to Australia's Family Law Act.

Have read them, I'm not making a moral argument, just a medical argument.

Relative consanguineous matings is the issue- 1st cousin or brother/sister, and no, need not be maintained over at least several generations.

So you relate polyamory to incest? Can you please explain to me how you came to this??

No it seems you are assuming that I am assuming such, not at all!

Your right, I assumed that for you to start your post with “From a medical POV” you were about to say something that would be supported with current theory. I had a good long think about what model you were basing your claim on and decided you must have thought that a polyamorous community would produce offspring of undetermined paternity and that those children may grow up together not knowing who there father is or who there siblings were and could mate inadvertently (which is why I said you would need several generations). If this isn’t the model you were basing your statement on then please do enlighten us.

The only medically safe process for offspring is if BOTH man and women make the decision!

Make the decision to have a child? Were not talking about rape here and no one has said that polyamory involves un-protected sex, some people might practice unprotected sex but thats true no mater what style of relationship the person is involved in (check out the unplanned pregnancy rate).

Are you saying that children of polyamorous relationships are somehow protected from parental alienation after divorce, over and above children of monogomous relationships? Go sit in the Family Court for a day and get an education,

and who pays the child support?

Yes that is what I am saying. If a child’s parents are polyamorous then they are likely to have other partners, issues of jealousy, possession and fear between the partners of both parents should have already been resolved so there is far less cause for parental alienation after the split up. Furthermore the child probably already has developed relationships with the other partners of both parents so it would be easier on the child.

Sit in the Family Court for a day for an education?

Again it sounds like your advocating polyamory! the circus I would be subjected to if I were to do that has resulted from the system your so passionately defending.

That is why the current medical literature is using fMRI to establish damage to children.

That is why joint custody is becoming the norm after divorce.

Is that why? It doesn’t have anything to do with the complications of gender equality? There must be a great number of very well designed studies published that have gone unrefuted for a long time for your statement to be true.

You need to read the reports into shared care, that were written, for changes to Australia's Family Law Act.

Have read them, I'm not making a moral argument, just a medical argument.

I think your real issue is with child custody, your arguments have very little to do with polyamory. I also think you need to go back to your comments about inbreeding and perhaps fill the rest of us in on why you assert that polyamory leads to inbreeding (and PLEASE go back to the first page and read up on what we are saying polyamory is. your arguments make me think that your arguing against something else entirely)

.... (and PLEASE go back to the first page and read up on what we are saying polyamory is. your arguments make me think that your arguing against something else entirely)

yeah...

Many seem to have great misunderstandings about Polyamory...

and other issues seem to cross over ....

Polyamory...

No idea of owning someones body

for my own pleasure only...

No manipulating emotionally or otherwise

to try to "get" love from another...

No more "they have to love me"

and "me" only...

Means I have to be happy in my Self...

I have to love my Self...

and that extends out to others....

Means I have to be really happy being alone...

which is what all the psychedelics i ever took were

leading me too....

There is no "goal" of sex...

if that happens , fine, but it's not the goal...

and if that happens....which is a sacred union...then there is no

projection of what that means..it is rather a gratefulness

for that sharing...and the other is there

because they want to be...only..

openness and true movement from

the heart or gut...to where i feel led...

without trying to block a connection with another

because of some construct of the mind...

This is living in great joy...

this is my experience now

as i find the old construct drops away...and so does all

it's related/created fear...

love

So you relate polyamory to incest? Can you please explain to me how you came to this??

Your right, I assumed that for you to start your post with “From a medical POV” you were about to say something that would be supported with current theory. I had a good long think about what model you were basing your claim on and decided you must have thought that a polyamorous community would produce offspring of undetermined paternity and that those children may grow up together not knowing who there father is or who there siblings were and could mate inadvertently (which is why I said you would need several generations). If this isn’t the model you were basing your statement on then please do enlighten us.

Make the decision to have a child? Were not talking about rape here and no one has said that polyamory involves un-protected sex, some people might practice unprotected sex but thats true no mater what style of relationship the person is involved in (check out the unplanned pregnancy rate).

Yes that is what I am saying. If a child’s parents are polyamorous then they are likely to have other partners, issues of jealousy, possession and fear between the partners of both parents should have already been resolved so there is far less cause for parental alienation after the split up. Furthermore the child probably already has developed relationships with the other partners of both parents so it would be easier on the child.

Sit in the Family Court for a day for an education?

Again it sounds like your advocating polyamory! the circus I would be subjected to if I were to do that has resulted from the system your so passionately defending.

Is that why? It doesn’t have anything to do with the complications of gender equality? There must be a great number of very well designed studies published that have gone unrefuted for a long time for your statement to be true.

I think your real issue is with child custody, your arguments have very little to do with polyamory. I also think you need to go back to your comments about inbreeding and perhaps fill the rest of us in on why you assert that polyamory leads to inbreeding (and PLEASE go back to the first page and read up on what we are saying polyamory is. your arguments make me think that your arguing against something else entirely)

The issue is how the polyamory community deals with inbreeding avoidance?

Unless everyone is absolutely sure whose children are whose, a single generation is all it takes.

And, as we parents know, huge hormonal changes accompany parenthood,

and thus issues of jealousy arise, but if you haven't been there Fractal, you don't have a clue.

And to suggest that children and parents born within a polyamory community are not subject to the

same social, legal and ethical issues that others are subject to is IMO naive and irresponsible.

Yep, I bet those so enthusiastic about 'polyamory' which I openly doubt can be practiced, are just young and/or having difficulty distinguishing between ideas and practice.

Yep, I bet those so enthusiastic about 'polyamory' which I openly doubt can be practiced, are just young and/or having difficulty distinguishing between ideas and practice.

No..

I'm 41, female...

This is after much much inner work and much looking

and questioning and experience...

based the deepest questions about Life.

I'm not going to say it's for everyone...

(because I don't know what is right for another..only they know)...

but it is for me...

The issue is how the polyamory community deals with inbreeding avoidance?

Unless everyone is absolutely sure whose children are whose, a single generation is all it takes.

And, as we parents know, huge hormonal changes accompany parenthood,

and thus issues of jealousy arise, but if you haven't been there Fractal, you don't have a clue.

And to suggest that children and parents born within a polyamory community are not subject to the

same social, legal and ethical issues that others are subject to is IMO naive and irresponsible.

#1. (please take note of this point this time) No one has said that polyamory involves un-protected sex. If someone in a polyamorous relationship decides they want a child they will discuss it with their partner/s they might want to have a child with. If any of those decide they want a child as well then they can start planning it. I would be surprised if this resulted in an attempt to have a child with more then one partner (but every one is different and focusing on this one remote possibility as a major source of potential inbreeding is just very silly)

#2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Make sure you know what we are talking about here! read souljourney’s post on this page and some of the posts on the first page (triskele and mine I think explain the concept well and some of the others) we aren’t talking about a bunch of people running rampant through the larger community having unprotected sex with anyone and everyone they meet (lets face it, that describes the behavior of single monogamous people on a Saturday night a hell of a lot more accurately then the polyamourous community). So any argument based on the assumption that there is no family planning involved (which seems to be behind your incest comments) is just ludicrous.

#3. Your right I haven’t had a child so I don’t have a clue as to how any changes to my neural chemistry that might result will alter me. What I do know is that people engaged in successful polyamory must have invested a great deal of time in removing (more likely reducing) their social conditioning to feel fear and jealousy in those situations

#4. Naïve? Lets talk about naïveté then. Paternity testing has shown us that even in monogamous relationships quite often no one really knows who the father is (at least there not willing to divulge the truth). Do you really have three sons?

#5. How could they be subject to the same social, legal and ethical issues? They have different social values, our marriage laws are discriminatory to any one who isn’t heterosexual and monogamous, children are likely to already know their parents other partners.

That’s all im going to say in response to you because so far I feel that I have successfully countered all of your arguments and you respond by shifting your weight to a different and more irrelevant argument while ignoring my points. It’s a good strategy for continuing an argument without ever having to concede a point but not very constructive. Im here to discuss, learn and share.

Peace

#1. (please take note of this point this time) No one has said that polyamory involves un-protected sex. If someone in a polyamorous relationship decides they want a child they will discuss it with their partner/s they might want to have a child with. If any of those decide they want a child as well then they can start planning it. I would be surprised if this resulted in an attempt to have a child with more then one partner (but every one is different and focusing on this one remote possibility as a major source of potential inbreeding is just very silly)

#2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Make sure you know what we are talking about here! read souljourney’s post on this page and some of the posts on the first page (triskele and mine I think explain the concept well and some of the others) we aren’t talking about a bunch of people running rampant through the larger community having unprotected sex with anyone and everyone they meet (lets face it, that describes the behavior of single monogamous people on a Saturday night a hell of a lot more accurately then the polyamourous community). So any argument based on the assumption that there is no family planning involved (which seems to be behind your incest comments) is just ludicrous.

#3. Your right I haven’t had a child so I don’t have a clue as to how any changes to my neural chemistry that might result will alter me. What I do know is that people engaged in successful polyamory must have invested a great deal of time in removing (more likely reducing) their social conditioning to feel fear and jealousy in those situations

#4. Naïve? Lets talk about naïveté then. Paternity testing has shown us that even in monogamous relationships quite often no one really knows who the father is (at least there not willing to divulge the truth). Do you really have three sons?

#5. How could they be subject to the same social, legal and ethical issues? They have different social values, our marriage laws are discriminatory to any one who isn’t heterosexual and monogamous, children are likely to already know their parents other partners.

That’s all im going to say in response to you because so far I feel that I have successfully countered all of your arguments and you respond by shifting your weight to a different and more irrelevant argument while ignoring my points. It’s a good strategy for continuing an argument without ever having to concede a point but not very constructive. Im here to discuss, learn and share.

Peace

#1. It's about cuckoldry. I imagine this is not so much an issue for eg, 1 male, 2 females.

How about 2 males, 1 female? She thinks, "male 1 looks good, male 2 has the money??

#2. I know what your best intentions are, which I respect.

But what about cuckoldry. "He has your eyes darling."

Follow the Dutch lead, and lobby your MP for the male contraceptive, and then use it!

#3. Different male sperm in the female reproductive tract, compete with each other to death. No jealousy?

#4. Do you think that women in polyamorous relationships are different to women in monogomous relationships?

#5. Because "childrens' best interests" does not apply to you, regardless of your sexuality.

What, TI is a F ??? That explains some things .... :P

fuck off

yeah...

Many seem to have great misunderstandings about Polyamory...

and other issues seem to cross over ....

Polyamory...

No idea of owning someones body

for my own pleasure only...

No manipulating emotionally or otherwise

to try to "get" love from another...

No more "they have to love me"

and "me" only...

Means I have to be happy in my Self...

I have to love my Self...

and that extends out to others....

Means I have to be really happy being alone...

which is what all the psychedelics i ever took were

leading me too....

There is no "goal" of sex...

if that happens , fine, but it's not the goal...

and if that happens....which is a sacred union...then there is no

projection of what that means..it is rather a gratefulness

for that sharing...and the other is there

because they want to be...only..

openness and true movement from

the heart or gut...to where i feel led...

without trying to block a connection with another

because of some construct of the mind...

This is living in great joy...

this is my experience now

as i find the old construct drops away...and so does all

it's related/created fear...

love

that's quite a nice post souljourney, welcome to the forum

No..

I'm 41, female...

This is after much much inner work and much looking

and questioning and experience...

based the deepest questions about Life.

I'm not going to say it's for everyone...

(because I don't know what is right for another..only they know)...

but it is for me...

fair enough... I doubt it really works though... it might 'work' if you can't seem to have it work any other way maybe...

TI, don't get so easily offended. I didn't imply anything bad . It was my kind of 'joke'... I think you're cool...

TI, don't get so easily offended. I didn't imply anything bad . It was my kind of 'joke'... I think you're cool...

you tried to undermine my masculinity.

if my views present me as 'girly' then i tend to think the beholder is just hanging onto some immature patriarchal BS.

edit: not looking to draw this out any further

Edited by ThunderIdeal

mutant

Perhaps your path is just taking you on such a different journey to us that you cant possibly understand what we are talking about so to you it looks as though we are deluding ourselves. I guess there is nothing that can be said to make you realize that this truly does work for many people around the world.

Everyone

There is a PolyVic meeting this Tuesday if anyone near Melbourne is interested. It might be a good opportunity for you to ask questions, discuss your issues and hear about other peoples experiences with this way of life.

Date: Tuesday 8th December

Time: 7:15pm for a 7:30pm start

Location: Upstairs room at Father Flanagan's, 484 Smith St (cnr

Alexandra Pde), Collingwood. Enter from the Smith St door (not the one

on the corner) and take the stairs in front of you.

Melways ref: 2D E5

Public transport: 86 tram down Smith St

#1. It's about cuckoldry. I imagine this is not so much an issue for eg, 1 male, 2 females.

How about 2 males, 1 female? She thinks, "male 1 looks good, male 2 has the money??

#2. I know what your best intentions are, which I respect.

But what about cuckoldry. "He has your eyes darling."

Follow the Dutch lead, and lobby your MP for the male contraceptive, and then use it!

#3. Different male sperm in the female reproductive tract, compete with each other to death. No jealousy?

#4. Do you think that women in polyamorous relationships are different to women in monogomous relationships?

#5. Because "childrens' best interests" does not apply to you, regardless of your sexuality.

1. Males are free from the shallowness of attraction to looks and money? News to me...

2. Cuckoldry is only an issue if there is procreation. What if in a monogamous relationship the male has doubts about his paternity, regardless of the female's assertions to the contrary?

3. Again, monogamy, polyamory, polygamy, etc it's only an issue if procreation is involved. Jealousy of the sperm? Surely different sperm competing for the egg-but-no-spoon race is going to be an exercise in Darwinism; survival of the fittest/strongest sperm/DNA.

4. Do you think that men in polyamorous relationships are different to men in monogamous relationships?

5. Naturally, nor does jealousy. Would you be jealous if a woman you'd had unprotected intercourse with gave birth to another man's baby? Surely the best interest of the child is going to be the best DNA to be used and not just satisfying your own hubris?

mutant

Perhaps your path is just taking you on such a different journey to us that you cant possibly understand what we are talking about so to you it looks as though we are deluding ourselves. I guess there is nothing that can be said to make you realize that this truly does work for many people around the world.

Everyone

There is a PolyVic meeting this Tuesday if anyone near Melbourne is interested. It might be a good opportunity for you to ask questions, discuss your issues and hear about other peoples experiences with this way of life.

Date: Tuesday 8th December

Time: 7:15pm for a 7:30pm start

Location: Upstairs room at Father Flanagan's, 484 Smith St (cnr

Alexandra Pde), Collingwood. Enter from the Smith St door (not the one

on the corner) and take the stairs in front of you.

Melways ref: 2D E5

Public transport: 86 tram down Smith St

That's cool about the meeting in Vic...

inspires me to get something going in Northern NSW...

That's cool about the meeting in Vic...

inspires me to get something going in Northern NSW...

Would you like me to ask this group if they know of something similar in NSW?

It may not be north but it might be nice to have a group you can model your own on :)

Fancy pants.. I don’t think your going to have much luck calling Maurice out on sexism. In fact I think you will have a hard time communicating with him at all.

And Maurice.. please stop slaughtering science! Leave genetics alone, actually it would be great if you left biology and perhaps medicine alone as well. Even if you were to begin every post with “all views and opinions stated herein are fictitious” you would still be doing damage. If you haven’t educated yourself in a particular discipline and try using things you have heard in passing or read on wiki to support your own ideas you just end up looking very silly.

Maurice I don’t mean for this to be an insult, I just hope you can suppress your ego enough for you to see what im talking about. Look at your last few posts responding to mine:

(and I apologize to everyone else for this tedious recount but it is necessary to make my point. Also im not suggesting that you haven’t already noticed this)

You:

Are you saying that children of polyamorous relationships are somehow protected from parental alienation after divorce, over and above children of monogomous relationships? Go sit in the Family Court for a day and get an education, and who pays the child support?

Me:

Yes that is what I am saying. If a child’s parents are polyamorous then they are likely to have other partners, issues of jealousy, possession and fear between the partners of both parents should have already been resolved so there is far less cause for parental alienation after the split up. Furthermore the child probably already has developed relationships with the other partners of both parents so it would be easier on the child. Sit in the Family Court for a day for an education? Again it sounds like your advocating polyamory! the circus I would be subjected to if I were to do that has resulted from the system your so passionately defending.

You:

...as we parents know, huge hormonal changes accompany parenthood, and thus issues of jealousy arise, but if you haven't been there Fractal, you don't have a clue.

Me:

You:

Do you see what happened there? You couldn’t counter my rebuttal against your anti poly argument based on parental alienation from the child if the parents split up. Instead of conceding the point you pulled out a personal experience that had nothing to do with polyamory (your not polyamourous therefore your personal experiences with jealousy and parenthood can’t be used to renounce polyamory).I then conceded that I couldn’t speak from personal experience as Im not a father. I had hopped that if I gave you that irrelevant victory you might pay more attention to my original argument about jealousy being far less an issue within a polyamorous relationship. Instead you pulled out some voodoo science about different sperm competing in the female reproductive tract being an example of jealousy.

Im afraid I must have slept through all of my cellular psychology lectures so I cant argue against this point.. though It isn’t actually a point unless you meant to say that sperm from different men compete and even then it carries no weight as all sperm compete irrespective of who they came from.

Instead of replying with some kind of abusive post try and understand what I am saying. If polyamory threatens you so much that you have to appose it but have no reason or logic to help you.. maybe you could just say: "i have a bad feeling about this" don’t lie or spread misinformation. If you have no clue, leave it alone. If you mean for your posts to be read as a joke simply say so.

Would you like me to ask this group if they know of something similar in NSW?

It may not be north but it might be nice to have a group you can model your own on :)

That would be cool Fractal..Thanks :)