The Corroboree
toast

Whats new at Wandjina Gardens

Bunchosia argentea (Peanut Butter Fruit), Cistus ladanifer, Coix lacryma-jobi and Nepeta grandiflora 'Dawn to Dusk' added to the webstore

• Like 1

Just added several hundred plants to the webstore, all existing products including Psychotria spp., Pereskiopsis diguetii, Brugmansia spp., and a range of other psychoactive, edible and medicinal plants.

The following products have also recently been added:

Sceletium tortuosum Herb Powder 15g, Canavalia maritima 25:1 Extract 20g & Lactuca virosa 20:1 Extract 20g.
  • Like 1

It's hard to keep up with this thread it just grows and I dont have the funds!

And a range of other psychoactive and medicinal plants? What are you doing up there? I can't wait to visit!

Anything on the Ayurvedic or TCM side of things?

There are a few TCM and ayurvedic ones, but no specific aim at them. we've got just as many from south america, west and south africa, asia and around australia.

we would have probably had more ayurvedic ones if the seed source had been better. Indian seed is so hit and miss.... more miss. Pour toast is getting quite frustrated with all the non-germinations :(

Just added several hundred plants to the webstore, all existing products including Psychotria spp., Pereskiopsis diguetii, Brugmansia spp., and a range of other psychoactive, edible and medicinal plants.

And a range of other psychoactive and medicinal plants?

My earlier post referred to re-listing a bunch of products that were listed as out of stock, so no new plants listed this week.

As T mentioned, we have huge range of psychoactives and medicinals from around the world coming on, unfortunately the germination rate is pretty poor for some batches :BANGHEAD2:

The new issue of Dragibus, Volume 1 #3, is now available from the webstore.

This issue contains an entry from K. Trout with an excerpt from the upcoming third edition of 'Sacred Cacti', another flavourful beer with a juniper ale recipe, a short introduction into the Piper genus, as well as a pictorial from an exhibit of shamanistic artwork of the Americas.

• Like 1

Just restocked Alpinia caerulea, Artemisia abrotanum, Artemisia pontica, Artemisia vulgaris, Brugmansia candida - variagated, Catharanthus roseus (pink), Echinacea purpurea, Echinopsis 'Juul's Giant' x E. pachanoi, Echinopsis peruviana 30cm to 1m tall Plants (nursery only), Echinopsis peruviana 'David', 'Gnosis' & 'Icaro', Echinopsis peruviana ssp. puquiensis 'KK1689' Large Plant, Houttuynia cordata, Houttuynia cordata v chameleon, Jasminum sambac 'Flore Plena', Lycium chinense, Pausinystalia yohimbe, Phalaris arundinacea 'Turkey Red', Poncirus trifoliata, Salvia greggii, Solandra maxima, Solandra maxima variegata and Trachelospermum jasminoides.

Photos of some of the various 'Melted Wax' / semi-monstrose cacti at Wandjina uploaded to this thread.

• Like 3

Any reason you use the name Pereskiopsis diguetii vs Spathulata?
I would have thought the latter was more recognisable or are they different somehow?

Any reason you use the name Pereskiopsis diguetii vs Spathulata?

I would have thought the latter was more recognisable or are they different somehow?

But P.spathulata is wrong. They are two different species. Spathulata has red flowers and few spines, while diguetii has yellow flowers and lots of spines. I think that most spathulata that is being offered is actually diguetii.

Interesting I have never had it flower but then again I have never had it in the ground or kept it bigger then graft stock size..

Do you have any images for comparison T?

Well that would be why then :)
When I got mine spathulata was what everyone was calling it so assumed that to be its correct I.D.

Mine have gotten to monster size but never flowered, perhaps if it was in the ground.

Yellow flowers and 1-2 spines.

They flower readily in 12" pots once they've been in them for a few years.

Image is labelled wrongly as spathulata as this was before I keyed it out.

post-6-0-43004700-1364609869_thumb.jpg

Pereskiopsis spathulata 10 $T_crop_web.jpg

Pereskiopsis spathulata 10 $T_crop_web.jpg

• Like 3

I see. thanks for clearing that up.
I get asked about mine all the time because I have it out the front as a 'doner' plant for the midnight raids that happen around here by old ladies armed with secateurs

I have wanted to try potting it up for a couple of years now but the thought of the inevitable glochid removing sessions to follow make me put it in the 'Too Hard' basket every time.

• Like 1

Have re-listed Diospyros digyna (Black Sapote), Piper nigrum (Black Pepper), Catha edulis "Vienna-white" & "Narrow-leaf", Tabernanthe iboga & Griffonia simplicifolia. Being tropical species, the last two will not be listed again before spring so get them while you can. Two other tropical species, Pausinystalia yohimbe and Theobroma cacao, will be similarly re-listed next week, so keep your eyes peeled.

Also listed two new plants: Coffea arabica "Amarillo" & Capsicum annuum (Jalapeno Chilli).

• Like 2

OK so I'm finally back at Wandjina after over 4 weeks off due to an infected cactus spine injury.

I had cellulitis in the connective tissue of a finger knuckle. It swelled up like a sausage & I could hardly bend it.

5 nights in hospital on IV antibiotics followed by a few weeks rest.

All from a little cactus spine!

Please be careful when handling the cactus.

I'll be focusing on getting the webstore and the nursery up to date for the near future.

• Like 2

Wow, that sounds brutal. Glad you're okay.

There are a few TCM and ayurvedic ones, but no specific aim at them. we've got just as many from south america, west and south africa, asia and around australia.

we would have probably had more ayurvedic ones if the seed source had been better. Indian seed is so hit and miss.... more miss. Pour toast is getting quite frustrated with all the non-germinations :(

In case you're waiting for a market to sell to, I'm keen to buy TCM herbs :)

• Like 1

Oh dear, sounds like you've had a hell of a time Toast!

Hope your feeling better

• Like 1

Yeah toast, hope you are feeling better soon :lol: I agree with caution re cactus spines - if they break off in you they can be nasty (like I need to tell you!)

• Like 1

Thanks guys :blush: my finger is almost back to normal now.

While stocks last we are having a 2 for 1 special on Griffonia simplicifolia plants :drool2:

Seeds of species are high in 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), an important building block for the synthesis of serotonin in humans.

A must for any decent plant collection.

Listed a few Lophs on the webstore as well as few new medical plants:

Celastrus paniculatus - Also known as Intellect Tree, oil from the seeds of this species is used as a traditional medicine in Indian Unani and Ayurvedic medicine. The seeds have sedative and antidepressant actions, and are used to sharpen the memory, as a brain tonic and as a treatment for memory loss.

Neolamarckia cadamba - Also known as Kadam, this species bears edible flowers and fruit, while the
fresh leaves are fed to cattle. The dried bark is used to treat fever and as a tonic, and the leaves are used for treating diabetes and to make a mouth gargle. A yellow dye is obtained from the root bark.

Tabebuia impetiginosa - The famous Pau d'arco / lapacho herb that stimulates the immune system and helps with major illnesses.

I have re-listed Pachycereus pecten-aboriginum & P. pringlei plants, and have also listed a few large Lophophora williamsii (Peyote) clumps ranging from $110 to $200. Please note that L. williamsii is not kept on premises at Wandjina Gardens, and is not available for pick up unless arranged in advance.

post-902-0-27899600-1370049700_thumb.jpg

Also listed is Pereskia aculeata (Barbados Gooseberry) plants. This species has the appearance of a typical despite being classified as a cactus, and is very drought hardy. Its fruit has mild pleasant, flavour and is used in jams, preserves and desserts.

200Loph.JPG

Th williamsii are the "caespitose" var?

Nice work toast keepin the love in wandjina :)

I have re-listed Pachycereus pecten-aboriginum & P. pringlei plants, and have also listed a few large Lophophora williamsii (Peyote) clumps ranging from $110 to $200. Please note that L. williamsii is not kept on premises at Wandjina Gardens, and is not available for pick up unless arranged in advance.

post-902-0-27899600-1370049700_thumb.jpg

Also listed is Pereskia aculeata (Barbados Gooseberry) plants. This species has the appearance of a typical despite being classified as a cactus, and is very drought hardy. Its fruit has mild pleasant, flavour and is used in jams, preserves and desserts.

200Loph.JPG

200Loph.JPG

• Like 2