The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Have you seen any cool movies lately??

Mystery Creek for all of the Queenslanders out there.

Some pretty confronting shit, with quite a few big name Aussies in the mix, and some profound cinematography. Good to see Aussie Indigenous peeps going big!

• Like 1

The lego movie.

This movie tips ballz.

• Like 2

Snowpiercer is a good one.

Some of my favorite movies are

Hotrod, This is the end, Pineapple express, Idiocracy, Foot fist way, God bless America, Your highness, Crystal fairy... heaps more also.

These are mostly comedies but yeah, I watch a lot of movies!

• Like 1

leadtheylive1.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/

weird evil aliens, retro as fuck film score, badass lowlives, FANTASTIC neverending fight scene.. i could go on but fuck it i'd just be wasting ur time wen u could be torrenting this shit! get on it, plz.. u will not regret it

• Like 6

short term 12 is pretty good.

They Live looks pretty cool, ill check it out. For those who like crappy movies cannot recommend Circuitry Man 2: Plughead rewired enough. Any description would not do it justice. It is an all time favorite of mine.

If having trouble getting hold of it I will try and make copies of my precious version!

The Fountain - absolutely incredible film. Highest recommendation from me. I am inclined to think this film is the best I have watched thus far

Curse of the Golden Flower - visually stunning, but also full of really potent and deeply twisted, convoluted social dynamics.

Edit to add:

Mr Nobody,

Great film. Do watch it.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 2

The Fountain - absolutely incredible film. Highest recommendation from me. I am inclined to think this film is the best I have watched thus far

criminally underrepresented in "best movie" lists i think.

• Like 2

tip!

Edited by noname

why not. my 1st post. so g'day.

+1 a scanner darkly. thought that was good.

source code. was good.

primer. budget sci fi good as it gets.

2 guns. this was really enjoyable to watch. its cool how for the first half hour it has you thinking your watching a cheezy box office flop... then it flawlessly morphs into something well, good. pretty good actualy.

safe. top action movie.

might add if you like action movies and you aint seen crank. and crank 2 high voltage. then do it.

high voltage has the funniest sex scene of all time... clever use of a horse! lol

tip!

Might have to check this one out. Cheers for the tip :)

And if you like Brazil, have you seen Terry Gilliam's got a new movie out - Zero Theorem

Yoji Yamadas Samurai film trilogy - The twilight Samurai, The hidden blade & Love and Honor. Are really awesome viewing if you like those old period based pieces, strongly character driven films dealing with all sorts of issues friendship, duty, honor, love, social/cultural pressures and collapse at that the time etc. There is action in the films although it is minimal and used more to progress a story between characters how those events shape people and further events etc rather than being the main drawing point of the films

The hidden blade was on last thurday which is what reminded me lol can be viewed on sbs on demand if interested http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/255114819938/The-Hidden-Blade should be up till the end of the week i think

Noise - Australian movie, thought was well made and a good story

not a movie but True detective is pretty dam good

• Like 1

so i haven't been able to move much over the last coupla days so i revisited some of my favourite's from Jim Jarmucsh.

dead man

down by law

ghost dog-way of the samurai

relax man!

• Like 1

leadtheylive1.jpghttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/

weird evil aliens, retro as fuck film score, badass lowlives, FANTASTIC neverending fight scene.. i could go on but fuck it i'd just be wasting ur time wen u could be torrenting this shit! get on it, plz.. u will not regret it

John carpenter rules!

dead man is in my top 10 movies of all time

• Like 1

The Last Days on Mars is pretty good. It hardly moves the science fiction thriller genre forward with its unoriginal premise but it is well made with a decent cast. Don't watch the whole trailer if you are at all interested because it gives away some of the most significant plot points.

Edited by Third Sun

No country for old men

• Like 1

Calvary, some well done dark humour

• Like 2

watched "under the skin", was pretty good i thought,

still would like to know what happened to all the doodz though

saw "John dies at the end" Kind of like an indie men in black meets matrix.

I felt the pacing was pretty good and the storyline wasn't predictable so I enjoyed it.

• Like 1