The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
poisonshroom

ID?

Question

Hey all

I decided seeing as i had the day off i would take a look around one of my local botanical gardens, and i was surprised to find this:

gallery_6534_339_274335.jpg

gallery_6534_339_90897.jpg

Looks like voacanga africana to me (can someone varify this?) - it was massive too, around 4 or 5 metres (hence the crappy pictures - i was holding my phone up as high as i could reach to get a close enough pic for id and it was really windy)

I also stumbled upon this

gallery_6534_339_164654.jpg

gallery_6534_339_164654.jpg

Is this some kind of double flowered Tabernaemontana? the leaves and flowers kind of remind me of tabernamontana species, but there were no seed pods, so i couldnt be too sure

Then this thing jumped out at me - im not sure why, just had this kind of look to it. anyone know what it could be?

gallery_6534_339_165994.jpg

This particular garden also had heaps of different coloured Brugmansias everywhere too. Next time i go ill bring a proper camera, because there are some really nice things to look at there

It just goes to show there are interesting things all around, and the things you are looking for may be right under your nose =]

ill be heading up to mission beach at christmas and ill hopefully getting some alone time in to have a look around and take some pictures and stuff from the rainforest around there. hopefully ill have some more nice (decent this time) pictures to show everyone

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet