The Corroboree

NewsBarTitle.png?newhttp://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=717063

Bolivia declares Israel a terrorist state
Published yesterday 21:53
288976_345x230.jpg
A picture taken from the southern Israeli-Gaza Strip border shows
an explosion moments after an Israeli air strike on Gaza City, on
July 11, 2014.(AFP/Jack Guez)
LA PAZ (AFP) -- Bolivia on Wednesday renounced a visa exemption agreement with Israel in protest over its offensive in Gaza, and declared it a terrorist state.

President Evo Morales announced the move during a talk with a group of educators in the city of Cochabamba.

It "means, in other words, we are declaring (Israel) a terrorist state," he said.

The treaty has allowed Israelis to travel freely to Bolivia without a visa since 1972.

Morales said the Gaza offensive shows "that Israel is not a guarantor of the principles of respect for life and the elementary precepts of rights that govern the peaceful and harmonious coexistence of our international community."

More than two weeks of fighting in Gaza have left 1,300 dead and 6,000 wounded amid an intense Israeli air and ground campaign.

In the latest development, 16 people were killed after two Israeli shells slammed into a United Nations school, drawing international protests.

Bolivia broke off diplomatic relations with Israel in 2009 over a previous military operation in Gaza.

In mid-July, Morales filed a request with the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights to prosecute Israel for "crimes against humanity."
Comments:
1 ) RudyM / U.S.A.
30/07/2014 22:17
Why would they have a visa exemption for Israel to begin with? The latest slaughter is just a continuation of the Zionist project, nothing fundamentally new, as horrible as it is.
2 ) Tommy / US
30/07/2014 22:23
Bravo Bolivia!
3 ) Kashif / Pakistan
30/07/2014 22:24
I salute you President Evo Morales for your courage to stand up against War crimes of Israel
4 ) MBK / South
30/07/2014 22:53
Bravo Bolivia. The only county in the world with integrity. May god protect you from evil Jewish mayhem
5 ) sk / india
30/07/2014 23:00
Great, welcome the move made by bolivia for declaring israel a terror state, arabs should take some courage from bolivia n respond similarly.
Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 6

What 2 - 4 said...

2 ) Tommy / US
30/07/2014 22:23
Bravo Bolivia!
3 ) Kashif / Pakistan
30/07/2014 22:24
I salute you President Evo Morales for your courage to stand up against War crimes of Israel
4 ) MBK / South
30/07/2014 22:53
Bravo Bolivia. The only county in the world with integrity. May god protect you from evil Jewish mayhem

"US resupplying Israel with ammunition even after condemning shelling of Gaza school"

http://rt.com/usa/176820-pentagon-idf-unrwa-ammunition/

http://rt.com/op-edge/176680-military-assault-israel-gaza/

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 3

I'm not anti Semitic, but anti Zionist; I used to support Israel back in the times of the 6 day war, but now realise that the oppressed has become the oppressor.

Remove all Jewish settlements from the West Bank!

The disproportionate response to the rocket attacks by Hamas are reminiscent of those by the Nazis in response to attacks by the French resistance in WW2.

The Israelis are in grave danger of becoming the very people they despised most.

Edited by CLICKHEREx
  • Like 9

They have become the very ppl they despise most... It has become more than obvious that Israel would wipe pallistien of the face of the earth if given the chance. If the rest of the world stood up to Israel this was would already be over... 90% of there food would have to be imported I would assume.

• Like 2

Sorry shouldn't have said war.... Should have said invasion/genocide.

• Like 2

The Israelis are in grave danger of becoming the very people they despised most.

Yeah mans they are the New Nazis, they have been for ages.

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebensraum

Edited by Franke von Danke
  • Like 5

Three weeks into your military assault on the most densely populated piece of land anywhere in the world, how does it feel? How does it feel to watch your missiles and shells – delivered from air, land and sea – reduce the Gaza Strip to rubble?

90% of israeli citizens support what they're doing, so i imagine it feels pretty good.

I'm just going to add that I have read that Hamas was created by the Zionists. I'm not saying where I read this though I will say that I believe that it is true. 'We need them to throw a few little rockets our way so we have an excuse to carpet bomb them, wipe them out and have this land all to ourselves'.

Doubtful

They managed to capture and settle the entire West Bank without this tactic. Why would it be required for Gaza?

Also, why so much Nazi talk? I understand there are parallels, but there are and have been with many many nations since WWII. The label

seems to adequately describe Israel and its policy.
  • Like 1

Hitler was a jew? really?

Yesterday at work the cafeteria sold me soggy fries. FALSE FLAG? What other reason would they have to sell me soggy fries?

• Like 2

What other reason would they have to sell me soggy fries?

cointelpro potatoes? continuation of MKULTRA/project monarch maybe?

i mean, your behaviour was affected, right?

• Like 3

From memory his grandmother was jewish (Hitler) but best to double check.

but on the subject of genes ...there is very little if any genetic difference between the Palestine's & jew's.....same people,....1 group was just deported by the Romans....

death toll in Gaza has hit over 1,300

UN relief agency spokesman bursts into tears over deaths of Palestinian children

Edited by Dreamwalker.

Hitler was a jew? really?

There is a theory that his dad Alois may have been the result of his grandmother having sex with a jewish boy who she worked for, but most historians dismiss this as there is no evidence of that jewish family in that area. The issue is covered in detail in Hitler's dad's wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_Frankenberger#Biological_father

• Like 3

Bt-ZODLIEAAk-aa.jpg

• Like 4

I'm surprised it's taken this long for this realisation to be expressed in the mainstream

Edited by ayjay101
  • Like 2

Bt97N6jIAAA9nE_.jpg

• Like 1

Eran Efrati reports, “Soldiers in two different units inside Gaza leaked information about the murdering of Palestinians by sniper fire in Shuja’eyya neighborhood as punishment for the death of soldiers in their units. After the shooting on the Israeli armored personnel carriers, which killed seven soldiers of the Golani Brigade, the Israeli army carried out a massacre in Shuja’eyya neighborhood.

“A day after the massacre, many Palestinians came to search for their relatives and their families in the rubble. In one of the videos uploaded to YouTube, a young Palestinian man Salem Shammaly calls the names of his family and looking for them between the ruins when he is suddenly shot at in his chest and falls down. A few seconds after that, there are two additional shots from snipers into his body, killing him instantly.

“Since the video was released, there was no official response from the IDF spokesperson. Today I can report that the official command that was handed down to the soldiers in Shuja'eyya was to capture Palestinian homes as outposts. From these posts, the soldiers drew an imaginary red line, and amongst themselves decided to shoot to death anyone who crosses it. Anyone crossing the line was defined as a threat to their outposts, and was thus deemed a legitimate target. This was the official reasoning inside the units.

“I was told that the unofficial reason was to enable the soldiers to take out their frustrations and pain at losing their fellow soldiers (something that for years the IDF has not faced during its operations in Gaza and the West Bank), out on the Palestinian refugees in the neighborhood. Under the pretext of the so-called “security threat” soldiers were directed to carry out a pre-planned attack of revenge on Palestinian civilians.”

Richard Silverstein, who works with the publication Tikkun Olam, wrote in response to Efrati’s account, “What Efrati is revealing is an semi-officially sanctioned My Lai-type massacre. The man in green murdered in cold blood in the YouTube video wasn’t killed by a lone gunman operating on his own. His murder was approved as an act of vengeance on all of Gaza. Let’s remember that 120 Palestinians died that night in Shejaia. This was no accident. They weren’t collateral damage. They were the targets.”

The reports of authorized revenge attacks come in the midst of a massive bombing attack by the Israeli airforce Tuesday morning, an admission by the Israeli military that their missile hit a UN school in Beit Hanoun, and another school was hit by an Israeli strike on Monday.

In an article in the Israeli paper Yedioth Ahronoth on July 18th, as the ground invasion began, the paper reported, "The tanks, which serve as the heart of the assault force, received an order to open fire at anything that moved. The area and the targets are due to be seized by the morning hours. From here on, [the army] will start to clear the ground, in what could last for several days, depending on political developments."

Note: A previous version of this story contained a reference to Eran Efrati being a member of the Israeli group ‘Breaking the Silence’. The current spokesperson for 'Breaking the Silence' contacted the IMEMC to say that Efrati is no longer a member of that group.

http://www.imemc.org/article/68658

Is the American Media Finally Waking Up to the Truth about Israel's Assault on Gaza?
There are more signs Israeli assaults on Gaza are solidifying a perception that Israeli leadership has lost its moorings.
77ed356b5f3757abf0b747382d3473bda2a1c454

A Palestinian youth carries a bicycle from the wreckage of a building which was hit in an Israeli strike on the southern Gaza town of Rafah, on August 2, 2014
Photo Credit: AFP

August 2, 2014 |
There are more signs that what the Israeli assault on Gaza in 2008-2009 did for the left, the latest assault is doing for the mainstream: solidifying a perception that Israeli leadership has lost its moorings, opening the floodgates of criticism.

The Israeli attack on the UN school on Wednesday followed later by the attack on civilians in Shuja’iyyah market during an announced ceasefire had an effect on public officials. The school attack at last gained a rebuke from the Obama administration, though it didn’t pin blame on Israel. At the State Department briefing, reporters expressed distress that the U.S. is not saying more.

[update: The U.S. government has now concluded that Israeli shells hit the school. The White House has called the attack "indefensible." Reporters in the State Department this afternoon asked again and again why the U.S. is supplying arms to Israel given massive civilian casualties. Why is this different from when we cut off arms to Egypt after it fired on its citizens? two reporters have asked.]

And some of our leading MSM voices are letting their outrage show: Ayman Mohyeldin of NBC and Erin Burnett of CNN have shown humanity and courage. Burnett has tee’d up the obvious question: Why are Americans funding Israeli carnage?

The US has finally condemned Israel implicitly, by condemning the shelling of the UN school. AP on twitter:

The White House did call for “a full, prompt and thorough investigation.” Here’s the White House’s equivocal statement, from Eric Schultz to the press:

It’s the sharpest criticism the U.S. has leveled at Israel over the more than three weeks of fighting

At the State Department briefing, Matt Lee of the Associated Press dared to wonder about “consequences” if the U.S. ever were to determine that Israel hit the U.N. school, and another reporter asked about U.S. munitions involved in these assaults on civilians. Throughout the briefing, reporters asked about the overwhelming nature of the Israeli assault; and State condemned the school attack again and again, without blaming Israel, and expressed “concern” about the number of civilian casualties.

The United States does condemn the shelling of a U.N. school in Gaza which reportedly killed and injured innocent Palestinians, including children and U.N. humanitarian workers….We also condemn those responsible for hiding weapons in the United Nations facilities in Gaza. All of these actions violate the international understanding of the U.N.’s neutrality.

As you know, we first and foremost believe in Israel’s government — in the Israeli government’s right to and obligation to defend their citizens. They’ve chosen to take military action to provide for that protection. But as you also note, we’ve been very clear that Israel needs to do more to live up to its own standards to limit the civilian casualties.

Excerpts of the reporters’ questions, along with Marie Harf’s occasional response:

Pierre Krahenbuhl, commissioner general of the UN Relief and Works Agency, said we’ve moved into the realm of “accountability.” There must be legal action against Israel:

Question: According to UNRWA, this is the sixth time that one of their schools has been hit. Israel has, in the past, said that it regrets any civilian casualties, says that it’s doing its best not to – or to mitigate collateral damage. You have said in the past that you think Israel needs to do more to live up to its own very high standards. This keeps happening, though, and I’m wondering, these mistakes or these – I don’t know if you – I don’t know if “mistakes” is the right word, but this seems to happen over and over again. Are you concerned that Israel is not attempting to live up to its own very high standards, or do you believe that they are trying to but are falling short in these cases?

MS. HARF: Well, I do believe that they are trying to live up to the high standard they set for themselves…

If you know that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of innocent civilians in any target, whether it’s a UN facility or anything, do you think that that is a legitimate target?…

Marie, are you aware of the number of Palestinians that are in UNRWA schools?

MS. HARF: I don’t have a number for you, Said. They may have one…

this is becoming a daily ritual. I mean, the Israelis drop leaflets telling the Palestinians to evacuate, they take shelter in these facilities, then they are targeting. Parks are targeted, hospitals are targeted, and all these things are targeted. Pretty soon you’re not going to have any space where they are going to go. Where should they go?…

Marie, you just said that – again, that you’re – you stand with Israel and, quote, “We are proud to do so.”

MS. HARF: We are.

QUESTION: Even after an incident like today which you have condemned without blame, but even after calling – saying that Israel has not lived up to its own high standards, you’re … comfortable with Israel not living up to its own high standards?

MS. HARF: I didn’t say that.

QUESTION: But using weaponry that’s been supplied by the United States, is that correct?

MS. HARF: We have a very broad relationship with Israel to help it defend itself. I will check on the specifics about the resupply. But yes, we are very committed to their security.

What is the appropriate response to the Israeli massacre? Many folks have passed along this incredible video of Chris Gunness of UNRWA breaking down over the latest atrocity during an interview– in evident despair over the world’s disdain for Palestinian life. I see that it is in the New York Times today. And posted by Hamas.

Last night, children were killed as they slept next to their parents on the floor of a classroom in a UN designated shelter in Gaza. Children killed in their sleep; this is an affront to all of us, a source of universal shame. Today the world stands disgraced….

We are in the realm of accountability. I call on the international community to take deliberate international political action to put an immediate end to the continuing carnage.

US officials haven’t cracked. Chuck Hagel’s expression of concern for civilian casualties and unwavering support for Israel is soldierly and shameful.

But here is one sign of US political breakage. Defense News:

Roy Blunt of Missouri says Israel can wait for the regular Senate appropriations. And Defense News goes right to the Jewish vote:

A top Senate Republican is breaking with other party leaders by opposing the use of emergency funding to assist Israel in its fight against Hamas.

Maybe the media will give these officials more cover to begin to criticize. Erin Burnett’s coverage on CNN last night was excellent. She focused on the attack on the Shuja’iyyah market, showing this disturbing video of terrorized civilians. My wife had to leave the room; Burnett said, “Tough to watch.”

“I’m a big fan of the Iron Dome, and the information we can share through Iron Dome [with Israel],” Blunt said during a brief interview. “There’s Iron Dome funding in the regular [defense] appropriations bill. I think that’s the place to do that.”

Missouri’s Jewish population makes up only 1 percent of the state’s total population, according to the US Census Bureau.

Her questions to former Israeli ambassador Dore Gold were just this side of withering. “That’s my question: where is ‘there?’” she pressed him, as he said that civilians could escape Israeli attacks.

When Maen Rashid Areikat of the PLO came on and grew angry about questions of Israeli responsibility/Hamas’s responsibility for the latest massacre, Burnett let him go on, from the heart. The CNN headline says it all: “The world has to wake up, the United States has to wake up.”

Burnett then did a segment on U.S. support for these atrocities. Her twitter feed indicates her attitude:

She pointed out this horrifying editorial by Michael Oren:

The U.S. is resupplying #Israel w/ ammunition…. the story of unilateral support for Israel’s military ops.

“If U.S. really wanted the fighting to stop, wouldn’t they do something about it?” @ErinBurnett w/ that question to @aarondmiller2

and promoted the response to it on her show, from James Zogby:

“more civilians will suffer, but by ending the cycle once and for all thousands of innocent lives will be saved.”

We can only hope that Burnett follows up this coverage by going to Gaza herself after this onslaught ends, and seeing what the open-air prison, as Areikat put it, looks like. Seeing the occupation in the West Bank, too.

“It’s a shocking and horrific statement, and an immoral statement.” James Zogby re: Michael Oren’s #WaPo article

Andrea Mitchell of NBC is also evidently upset. She asked the Israeli ambassador Ron Dermer if “Israel may be losing its soul, may be losing the war because of the political impact of what is happening on the ground.” He said it isn’t:

Ayman Mohyeldin continues to let his feelings show. Last week he reported on the miraculous birth of a baby whose mother had been struck by Israeli arms. Well, the girl died.

“We are upholding our values under the most extreme circumstances.”

Mohyeldin retweeted Ken Roth’s judgment on the Israeli attack on the UN school:

Good Night Shayma’…Humanity has let you down.

He has tweeted an image of that mosque that Israel destroyed yesterday, toppling the minaret

“Nothing is more shameful than attacking sleeping children.” “All available evidence” points to #Israel: Ban Ki-moon.http://trib.al/7sa3KNj

And here’s Mohyeldin’s tweet about John Kerry’s protestations yesterday, subtly mocking the Israel lobby:

Shati Refugee Camp, Gaza. Israel destroyed this mosque. In doing so, the blast severed the towering several-ton minaret structure which collapsed into, and destroyed the residential building across the street that had already been damaged by the explosive blast. Even if Israel is using surgical strikes, it’s the civilian population that – may have no idea what is happening in a mosque across the street – that is paying the price.

Facing criticism Sec Kerry defends his senate record saying he had “a 100% voting record pro-Israel” & he’s 2nd to none in defending Israel

Kerry’s remarks:

I’ve spent 29 years in the United States Senate and had a 100 percent voting record pro-Israel, and I will not take a second seat to anybody in my friendship or my devotion to the protection of the state of Israel. But I also believe, as somebody who’s been to war, that it is better to try to find a way, if you can, to solve these problems before you get dragged into something that you can’t stop. And it seems to me that this is a reasonable effort, fully protecting Israel’s rights, fully protecting Israel’s interests, and Prime Minister Netanyahu himself said to me: Can you try to get a humanitarian cease-fire for this period of time? And if it weren’t for his commitment to it, obviously, the President of the United States and I would not be trying to make this effort. Now, either I take his commitment at face value, or someone is playing a different game here, and I hope that’s not the fact.

Some things never change.

http://www.alternet.org/media/american-media-finally-waking-truth-about-israels-assault-gaza?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

Edited by CLICKHEREx
  • Like 1

"Is the American Media Finally Waking Up to the Truth about Israel's Assault on Gaza?

There are more signs Israeli assaults on Gaza are solidifying a perception that Israeli leadership has lost its moorings."
Unfortunately, there are two medias in this country -- the mainstream and the non-mainstream. All the usual outlets are peddling the usual propaganda about all sorts of things, including this. Sad to say, AFP is not AP. However, on the 'net and FB and non-mainstream media, this issues is being more talked about than ever, thank God(dess).
  • Like 3

but on the subject of genes ...there is very little if any genetic difference between the Palestine's & jew's.....same people,....1 group was just deported by the Romans....

Y-haplogroup G is common among jews, palestinians, egyptians, libyans, caucasus peoples, iranians, turks, and cypriots. Among europeans, y-haplogroup G is most common among the swiss, the central and southern italians, the austrians, and the southern germans. Intrestingly they are all fairly mountainous regions. The middle east, balkans and parts of central europe have always been highly aggressive (look at the number of times those areas maps change) for a number of key reasons.

• Like 2

They became the image they portrayed of nazi's years ago, and now that they really do control the media and the american and probably australian political scene, they are free to do as they like and write the history books any way they want, and in 100 years who will there be to stand up and say 'hey this history book is wrong' ....................wait..... Has this already happened????????

• Like 1

Quite literally:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2715466/Israeli-official-calls-concentration-camps-Gaza-conquest-entire-Gaza-Strip-annihilation-fighting-forces-supporters.html

though I don't recommend judging all of modern day khazaria by this doofus

@Botanika

you probably know this too but hispanic and asians share common ancestry dating back to way before columbozo rediscovered india, which splains alot about so called latina women lol they share a gene in common that white and black typically do not have in their genes... I do believe there were black tribes in north america before it was invaded by gold loving christian terrorists :P

IN GOLD WE TRUST <what did they do with the fucking L>

not that tribal life didn't have its corruption issues but for the most part they were at first described as the happiest most giving people one could encounter... until it was discovered they loved to dance, eat cacti, cacao and other forms of praisable blashphemy, that the queen decided she wanted the gold and the soil... ah well they're all dead now... well unless reincarnation is true... shrugs

anyone ever looked into the Khazarian Empire? I mean how did the early 1900s germans go from open armed neighbors to suddenly commiting the hanus atrocities that we read about against one tribe of ppl...

anyhow I see the old map in this vid and some light bulbs go ding ding

now I don't see it that all jews are corrupt... just that the ultra religious views that some of them share are absolutely sick...

put humorously:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/09/maybe-its-time-to-reevaluate-the-tradition-of-putting-a-babys-penis-in-a-grownups-mouth/

not as funny but its okay to laugh

be happy that things have changed quite lot in the media and perhaps a big factor is the internet

thank you Al Gore :innocent_n: an old vid

do I think islam is stupid? its absolutely the most anti progress mind virus on the planet..but to be the "chosen ones"

and make choices that keep this culture in perpetual madness, is beyond stupid its advanced psychosis.

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 1