The Corroboree
2XB

wanted: food grade calcium hydroxide

hi all, I have been trying for a while to obtain food grade calcium hydroxide with out ordering online from america,. I feel i have exhausted all avenues so i am putting it out there to fellow corroboree members.

I thought that this may be lying around somewhere as half kilo lots seem average and that make a hell of alot of pickles!

If you can help let me know. Alternatively i would love someone to tell me there is a preservation supply store in brisbane!

ps I know this isnt related directly to seed and plant exchange, sorry bout that

Using it to nixtamalise corn?
Go to an agg. and feed store like RD1 or wrightsons (or your auzzie equivalent) comes in 20-25kg sack.
(ostensibly for cattle, but fine for people in my humble opinion)

pretty sure koda phytorium stocks food grade calcium hydroxide in smaller quantaties (around 20grm bags) was reasonably cheap last time i looked but may not be within price range if your looking for bulk

• Like 1

pretty sure koda phytorium stocks food grade calcium hydroxide in smaller quantaties (around 20grm bags) was reasonably cheap last time i looked but may not be within price range if your looking for bulk

thanks so much lofty86!!!! indeed they do!