The Corroboree
Neoshaman

Meet up: Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle

When/where is everyone meeting up again? I live in Newcastle and would love to make some new friends with similar interests as most people I know make judgement when I talk about the sort of topics discussed here.

Yeah I think it would be good to start planning something for early next year.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are: "Yes!". Mid January maybe?

Exploration (doof) is on 13th-15th of Jan and I daresay a few members would be there that weekend (myself included hopefully).

Blue Mountains hey .... not sure if I'll be able to make that.

Maybe the following weekend is better then - 21/ 22 Jan.

How about Newcastle area this time?

Camping or afternoon affair? :blink:

Yea most likely be settled by then.. should work for me.

Yeah that's a good weekend. I should be able to come and all the relatives should have gone by then :) Glenrock lagoon or somewhere surrounding would be a nice place to camp in Newcastle. Don't know if it's legal or not though.

I wouldn't mind catching up again.

I'm almost certain Glenrock doesn't allow camping.

The Watagans has a few camping areas that could be closer for the central coast members ?

A few people I know have camped at Glenrock and said it was good. I do think that it is illegal though. I wouldn't mind going to the Watagans as I haven't been down there for a while.

Edited by SuperShamanistic

don't know many places up that way.. definitely find somewhere to camp though, i know the main beach at newcastle is heavily developed and everything is banned there, are there any quiet type beaches we could use?

I was at the Watagans recently & saw some goods. Access was a little dicey for 2WD though.

Not sure of good legal coastal locations - I have a look into it though :wink:

Edit : I had posted a sugested location, checked out today and not so good

Edited by fheenix

Hey guys would really like to catch up for this next one been out of the scene a bit too long now FFS my entire collection only consists of four cacti these days so really need to start thee building stages agin would be good to catch up with those i know and meet some new faces

Hey guys would really like to catch up for this next one been out of the scene a bit too long now FFS my entire collection only consists of four cacti these days so really need to start thee building stages agin would be good to catch up with those i know and meet some new faces

Would definitely be good to catch up mate.

I'll try to pull my finger out over the weekend and sort out some potential locations :wacko:

Remember that eileen cut you gave me I was checking it out the other day and it seems in my attempts to rescue it from the destruction caused by my previous landlord its gone sort of weird and is growing from 7 different points instead of the normal 4, major trip i'll bring it along or at least some pics so you can check it out hanging to see how it develops now

Won't be at Exploration but would be keen to come along again.

Don't have alot planned during January at the moment.

OK so the only coastal camping spot I've managed to track down near Newcastle is at Munmorah SRA in North Wyong.

As mentioned previously, Watagans NP is also an option, not on the coast but has a creeks & water falls.

Another option is Hawkesbury where the last meet was.

Any thoughts?

I'll vote Munmorah haven't really had a chance to explore up that way yet

It doesn't bother me where we go, seems everyone is keen on Munmorah so looks like I'll be meeting you all down there :).

I'll try and make it as well. As an ex coastie I find it shameful that I don't know any of the current coastie ethno crew.

Just checked the NPWS site for Munmorah (http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkCamping.aspx?id=N0605).

The sites are numbers & booked are required, especially this time of year.

We may have left it a bit late, and several people haven't turned up to every meet I've been to, so this may not be the best option.

Maybe we should go to Hawkesbury - its discrete & free, open camping ie no numbers spots or booking required.

Who is keen for that?

I will have room in my car for SallyD plus one other.

We should be able to organise other car pooling as well :wink:

Sorry I didn't check this earlier :BANGHEAD2: