The Corroboree
incognito

Powerball/lotteries

How legit do u think state run lotteries, powerball are? Is it truly a game of chance, where they will hand any shmo over 70million dollars who happens to be lucky enough to have the right numbers?

Do u think it could be rigged in some way?

Like computers keeping a tally of all the number combinations given out....

Just thinkin outloud in cyberspace here

• Like 1

Chuck

In for

A

Syndicate?

• Like 2

I'll put in 20

^ i could scrape up a 20.

It would be nice to win about $350,000 .... just enough for a house to call home....then i could make all those plants that are in pots happy by planing them in the ground. Yeah. :)

• Like 4

Sweet that's me and amz in, any other takers?

I'll put in.

Don't they show the balls being drawn from a barrel live on TV?

the real players don't aim for the big wins, just aim for the mid size wins, which means you have to play weekly in fairly significant amounts to break even at least. launching a binge everytime there's a massive jackpot pretty much guarantees you for failure. there's a pattern to the numbers as well, mostly 3 odds two evens, or vice versa, and i think there's usually two or three in the same decade, i.e. [23 26 29 10 37] or [10 14 23 30 41] etc. there's never doubles [2 2 4 16 29], and series (i.e. [1 2 3 4 5]) are such a statistical improbability they're not worth playing. naturally you never play the same numbers that were drawn the week before and statistically speaking the longer a number goes undrawn the more likely it is to be drawn, and vice versa. that's all i can remember you can build a program around that and train it on all the numbers drawn before and choose the most statistically likely to narrow down your odds but the lottery was never meant to be gamed.

i was under the impression each draw was simply a random series from a set number of balls. so that any random series is just as statistically likely as any other. 1,2,3,4,5 being no less likely than anything else. Not so?

did anyone hear about that bloke who won over a million twice in a couple of months, was just the other week..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-142457/Five-trillion-Punter-scoops-second-lottery-win-numbers-By-David-Wilkes.html

Edited by paradox

nah, i think the draws follow a gaussian distribution, if you actually look at the draws there's very rarely a sequence

As Paradox said. It is completey random. There is just as much chance of drawing numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in a single draw as any other combination. Likewise you could pick the least drawn numbers and have the same chance of winning as the most drawn, or any other series of numbers.

The luckiest thing you can do is just buy a ticket.

• Like 3

How legit do u think state run lotteries, powerball are? Is it truly a game of chance, where they will hand any shmo over 70million dollars who happens to be lucky enough to have the right numbers?

Do u think it could be rigged in some way?

Like computers keeping a tally of all the number combinations given out....

Just thinkin outloud in cyberspace here

how about the races football, and all the rest of the gladiator sports made to amuse the sheeple, they are a total joke.

sucks big ones being at the bottom of the shit heap, but down here there is heaps of us and that means ultimately that we hold the most power

renegades of funk

I reckon the Aust lotteries are legit.

Legit as far as being a voluntary tax some choose to pay.

• Like 5

when was the last time [1 2 3 4 5] and the powerball 6 got drawn?

when was the last time the same numbers were drawn in consecutive weeks?

play those numbers for the rest of your life good luck

if you watch almost 77 million draws you're likely to see that sequence once, same as any other random sequence. Are you surprised you haven't seen it? Only another 76,999,950 draws to go!

Play any 6 number sequence for the rest of your life, good luck.

It will only take 1,480,769 years of weekly draws! easy. Could take 77 million weeks or it could be this week, you never know!

• Like 2

I think it's funny that so many folks put their hopes of becoming a millionaire in the lottery, when in real terms you have a way way waaaay higher chance of becoming a millionaire through other means if you're willing to work at it and claw your way to the top of the financial food chain through business, savings and investments etc.

It certainly doesn't have the same psychological appeal of instantly winning $70m, granted...even if the chances of that happening are astronomically small.

And I'm not trying to be all superior by the way...just yesterday I entertained the notion of buying a scratchy "just to see what happens". But I didn't :P

Its rigged everybody that wins is psychic.lol

I think it's funny that so many folks put their hopes of becoming a millionaire in the lottery, when in real terms you have a way way waaaay higher chance of becoming a millionaire through other means if you're willing to work at it and claw your way to the top of the financial food chain through business, savings and investments etc.

That is very true.

I don't have a problem with people playing the lottery, but if I was going to, I'd probably buy the cheapest ticket I could, $2 or something, simply because you have to be in it to win it. That's a small price to pay for the chance to win a bucket load of cash. Buying a $100 ticket is only going to improve your chance of winning from fuck all to slightly less than fuck all.

But taking that $2 you'd spend per draw and instead investing it over a lifetime (if you had the discipline) is almost guaranteed to build some real wealth, even if it's not 10 million dollars.

I know a very deserving married couple who won around 1.7m in I think it was ozlotto a few years ago. They took immediate family and a small group of family friends to hamilton island to make more happy memories. The couple said they'd never give cash or items to family, but only wanted to enjoy memories. The lady's widowed mother was taken for a short holiday to Uluru where she and her partner had never ended up traveling to. A few odd members of the winners' family got pathetic when offered their short holiday/memory-maker. They got themselves out of financial hardship to actually buy a home. Some was given to charity too :)

I say this because some people actually do deserve (I think) to win this kind of money. Granted it wasn't 70mil but who wouldn't sneeze at 1.7????

I'm in for $20 :)

I limit myself to 20$ for a ticket, and even then it's only when the lotto or powerball is 20 million plus. I put in 20 dollars with a syndicate with the guys at work and a 20 in a syndicate with family. So that's an outlay of around 60 buks a month.

But hey I used to spend over 300 dollars a week on weed.