The Corroboree
Dreamwalker.

brain area which enables self-reflection is larger in lucid dreamers

Haha, this happens to me, but only when I'm busting and realise I can't just go... often at the point when I've dreamed I've walked right up to the stalls, unzipped and I'm ready to go... I'll be like nah, I'd better wake up now unless I want a water bed :unsure:

3a06q.jpg

• Like 2

Hooraaay for lucid dreamers, Seriously everybody benifits from the lucid dream state. It is a beautiful experience and It only takes a couple weeks/months to become a lucid dreamer. It can be a bit hazy at first but its so worth it.

• Like 1

It only takes a couple weeks/months to become a lucid dreamer.

Do you mean you can train yourself to do it? How?

Im pretty sure this article is different than the first time I read it or maybe its a different one with a similar title

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2077185/Inception-reality-People-teach-new-skills-dreams.html

just found this one just now

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-08-lucid-dreamers-greater-insight-life.html

I recommend taking a huge dose of tryptophan the night before a full moon

not really for lucidity but for dreaming in general...

the lucid dreams I've had has been more like anxious episodes... very interesting but chaotic maybe I should have another go :P

I've paid alot of attention to dreams tho and have had some eery details manifest in odd ways that are similar but never exactly

matching the dreams

Theres a really good video about Carl Jung and his experience with dreams and how he found inspiration in his

dreams which led him to the career he was well known for

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 1

Do you mean you can train yourself to do it? How?

Yep! Set yourself up in the waking life, tell yourself constantly that you will wake up in your dream. Jump up and down all day long, tell yourself your not dreaming. One day you will jump and wont come back down like you do in gravity.

There are many ways to train yourself, google!

I started gettin into astral projection a little while back,

I had woken up in dreams before and consciously moved around.

I have had powerful experiences in the dream state meeting other beings, who were much wiser then me!

Finally one day when i was living in my grandmas shed, i got up off the bed and walked into their house, it was around 7am, my aunt was inside on the phone, and my grandma was in the kitchen. They couldnt see me. It felt so real. I walked back outside and as soon as i got through the door i slipped over onto my back and slid under the table then immediately woke up in the garage again.

Theres more where this came from but ill leavd it here for now

• Like 3

I highly recommend reading this book Paths Beyond Ego, a collection of essays about transpersonal life; states of consciousness, shamanism, psychology, substance use, spiritual crisis, routes of "enlightenment"and HEAPS more. The writers include Stan and Cristina Grof, William James, Ken Wilbur etc. There's a very interesting section on lucid dreaming, types of dreaming, and introductions to practices to improve the lucid dreaming state.

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/1390064?uid=3737536&uid=2129&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&sid=21104604081023

I find every time I reach a section, a synchronicitous experience or epiphany hits me which either goes toward explaining, or at least confirming what has happened or what I felt to be true. When I read the section on dreaming, my partner told me that the night after I'd read it (he slept at his house and had no idea what I'd read) he had an out of this world dream of a type he'd never had before, which was explained PERFECTLY in the text. Neither of us had even heard of this particular type of dream and I couldn't even understand the text properly until he explained his dream. It was the type 3 dream by the way.

We've had many synchronicitous dream experiences across geographical space. LOVE dreaming.

ALSO, try dopamine, tyrosine, serotonin activating before sleep. I find dopamine makes dreams lucid with a detached hauntingly dark feel. I wonder if high dopamine activation lowers serotonin to give the bright intense visualisation, but without the warmth? I'm reminded of the fungi woodlovers vs. cube type difference?

• Like 2

I just read that you cant directly supplement dopamine but that many herbal supplements can help boost it... so im curious what you take for that i'd like to try somefing... my dopamine receptors have been heavily abused... im pretty sure they work I just wish I could wake up everyday with a fresh stream of dopamine in my wherever it needs to be lol

L - Tyrosine is one of the aminos I take for anxiety, it works great but if I take it b4 bed I can't sleep! this just happened last night I finally got tired really late, and got up really early with lots of energy... both L-tyrosine and Tryptophan seems to have a "next day" effect for me but not being able to sleep is pretty noticable eh.. I take the tyrosine in an anti-anxiety mix that has a couple other aminos... not very often but if I get bad anxiety for a day or two i'll finally take it and usually has good results... i took it with tryptophan last night and maybe there was some sorta reaction or something.. i've had alot of anxiety lately ... but my dream was very clear i'm still pondering details ... the tryptophan does inspire dreams the same night in high doses, but usually what im going for is to wake up energized and clear minded the next day.. so perhaps the dreaming has alot to do with that @ letting the stress get expressed

i've had negative experiences 5-htp which is supposed to boost serotonin... and so I went with trypophan cause your body will convert it to as much 5 htp as you need... I felt sorta overwhelmed with that supplement but I was also very depressed in those days so maybe worth another try, whereas with tryptophan I seem more balanced and if I take a big dose I sleep deep and ez... and feel great the next morning after dreaming pretty clearly in many cases... I do take small doses sometimes during the day too.. im not on any kind of schedule with these but I recommend everyone supplement with the essential aminos (especially vegans/vegetarians: lack of aminos is why ur nuts lol) or at least eat the right foods regularly

The only dream im sure I had that was lucid was when experimenting with Calea Z meaning where I was literally controlling the dream but i've had many dreams where it seemed real as shit and many unforgettable ones... i've tried calea many times with no results or just a headache but that first time must have been good stuff ... it was like being awake and I could have just opened my eyes but it was so interesting I didn't want to but my mind was racing and I eventually got overwhelmed... In my little experience it seems alot like exercising a muscle, you can't just make a muscle big in one workout, you have to stretch the little fibers, rip a few and let them rebuild and do it over and over til you get a grip on things... only thing i'll add is if you get really good at it don't fuck with ppl in their dreams cause they can fuck you back ... ppl's minds ain't nothing to play with and might seem fun but emotions are a helluva force... I knew a guy who told me when we were younger that he used to visit peeps in their dreams and it was really ubelievable to me at the time.. knowing him long term proved to me he was an asshole, and later on it seemes like all his shenanigans caught up with him, but shrugs lol never know when a subject is gonna wake up and throw sum tai chi at ur butt

I did have this really cool dream a year ago when fucking around at the nook... and we were in a kitchen, me and some forum ppl that I never met in person and one guy was carving up a cactus... and I don't remember all the details now but someone handed me a cactus hollowed that had speakers wired into it and a clear voice whispered to me "Listen to your cactus" I thought it was some neat symbolism

Im wondering has anyone had that type of lucidity right after you wake up.. like once i got up to piss and I was in the same dream

all the way to the toilet and even while I was pissing... that time with the cactus dream, I heard that whisper that said "Listen to your cactus" right after I woke up... there was a period of a couple weeks or so where I dreamed every night clearly and most

times I would wake up and the dream was still moving.. Im not so much a control freak I guess I just like to let things play out

I guess ...

Im interested in checking out that book btw

• Like 1

I dreamed i was captain feathersword in front of a class of like 10 year old pupils. I proceeded to sing "propeller" and one kid got up and ran out of the class room. I chased after him but found myself in an arena full of people. I opened a packet of skittles and started eating them... then i thought damn these are the most tastless skittles ever... then i woke up... starving. Had a nice big breakfast and that was that.

• Like 1

I quit smoking the erb a week ago and my dreams are coming back in full swing! Some really weird stuff.. i love it!

• Like 1

I had two or three consecutive nightmares the night of that supermoon but then the whole day afterwards seemed to have lots of meaning.. actually I woke up early that morning and couldn't sleep for a while so I went out and did some garden work for 2 or 3 hours... but yeah.. lol seems like a few times a year I have tense dreams during full moons...

I quit herb last week too and been dreaming more as well laffs but also been taking the supplements more the last couple days

due to some anxiety/stress and the dreaming is like a huge bonus for me

there was a time i was really into self hypnosis and I had some freaky stuff happen with that... once I hypnotized myself in the daytime and woke up around 4 am holding the fridge door open! .. another time I did a past life regression hypnosis track and I traveled through a place that seems to be litup by stars and ended up in the early 1900's in one of those old cars with a rockerfeller but I was like no way... its definitely different but I think its related somehow to dreaming and I think just as with the practicing skills in dreams one can improve skills and confidence through hypnosis but i now believe that can be some dangerous territory also ... I did way too many NLP tracks and I think maybe some of them were in conflict with each other.... I mean dangerous, not in terms of any kinds of entities but in my case my personality changed dramatically and took me years to link the changes to the mind fucking lafs Had a good lesson in un-learning stuffs tho

I've had the "epic buzzing vibration which starts in the centre of your head and works its way through your whole body"

not sure what its about though...............

For me it's the meaning or feeling imparted, rather than the degree of lucidity, that makes dreaming such a valuable experience. My most profound dream states seem to occur when I feel totally immersed in the dream persona, and not aware of my usual reality. Here i often re visit spectacular places, such as a cathedral embedded in a rocky cliff surrounded by an emerald forest with surrealist art hanging on the walls, the hill behind the house that i grew up in as a child, and a certain valley with eroded red stone. the peak of these dreams Is often accompanied by tryptamine like hallucinations, especially moving patterns on natural surfaces such as a rock wall or sodden earth. I am not sure to what extent I am lucid in these dreams, but it feels very distant from my waking self. The awareness that I am dreaming seems to often be accompanied by the fall back to waking consciousness.

Edited by ∂an

For me it's the meaning or feeling imparted, rather than the degree of lucidity, that makes dreaming such a valuable experience. My most profound dream states seem to occur when I feel totally immersed in the dream persona, and not aware of my usual reality. Here i often re visit spectacular places, such as a cathedral embedded in a rocky cliff surrounded by an emerald forest with surrealist art hanging on the walls, the hill behind the house that i grew up in as a child, and a certain valley with eroded red stone. the peak of these dreams Is often accompanied by tryptamine like hallucinations, especially moving patterns on natural surfaces such as a rock wall or sodden earth. I am not sure to what extent I am lucid in these dreams, but it feels very distant from my waking self. The awareness that I am dreaming seems to often be accompanied by the fall back to waking consciousness.

Awesome sounding dreams you have there! :)

That last sentence is a very common experience, and can be combatted through "dream stabilisation"

If you can, try looking at your hands, or rubbing your hands together and focus on calming yourself down when you realise its a dream. Other things that supposedly work are actually physically holding onto something, grounding yourself in the 'reality' of your dream. Apparently turning in a circle can help too. http://www.dreamviews.com/content/staying-lucid-26/

I personally dont often have lucid dreams to the extent that i can control them, but most of the time when i dream have a very tangible sense of the fact i am inside a dream, usually prompted by the recognition that the things that are occurring are just too strange to be a reality. I have had a few funny experiences where dream characters have tried to tell me i cant do something, and i have responded, well actually i can do whatever i like because this is my dream. that happened once and the dream character was so peeved at me he shed his character and revealed himself to be a monk, (the angriest monk ive come across) and dissolved my dream landscape into swathes of dark matter, trying to scare me awake. unfortunately the shock of such an occurance woke me up :(

there have been two other rather startling experiences for me recently, the first terribly distressing, the second simply amazing..

in the first dream i was with a group of people who in the dream were my friends, although i didnt know any of them in real life, and someone gets a phonecall. the energy in the room changes significantly, and this person calls all the others over to talk with them. then the whole group approaches me, and informs me that i'm dead, and i was murdered a couple of days ago at the other end of the country. i protest, because i'm obviously alive, i'm there talking to them right now, but they wont accept my assertations and keep telling me i'm dead, and they are trying to comfort me and console me, encouraging me to accept my death. i refuse to accept this and get angrier and angrier at them until finally i realise that this must be a dream and i wake up feeling very fucking disturbed.

the other strange and wonderful one was a dream where i was with a friend who is a qigong teacher and healer. i was talking shit. meaningless stuff. and then he reaches over and presses a finger firmly on the accupressure point 'yintang', just in between my eyebrows. i fall silent in the middle of a sentence, and then massive rushes of energy ripple outwards from this point on my head. as the energy spreads outwards i can physically feel the space outside of my body as the energy disperses outwards, rippling away, releasing mental tension and stored psychic fog which has dulled my conciousness for a long time.

all the information you could possibly need to train yourself to lucid dream. tutorials, discussions, everything: http://www.dreamviews.com/content/

lucid dreaming for the majority is bad mkay!

Its usually a very telltale sign your abusing your sleep and need more, most likely initiating REM rebound which brings out these episodes.

Have you experienced hypnagogic hallucinations? dreaming, but awake, but still paralyzed from the REM, but you can't move and your brain is taking any and every sensory input and running wild with its imagination.

Ultimately, its all in our head.

hrm... well the perception of every thing is in our heads... wake or sleep

what is reality without eyes, ears, smell, touch and taste, plus whatever other sense has been developed

the feelings/emotions about those, also happen to be from the noggin

including any opinions that its abuse!

ppl abuse far worse things than REM... so what are the consequences of REM abuse?

bottom line here is that people with wild imaginations are way better in bed :P

just sayin

Yesterday morning I had one of the best lucid dreams I've ever had (and that's saying a lot). It was all about being at an entire comedy show which Robin Williams rip had just hijacked to do his own set (as he apparently did). In real-time worth of dream it went for around 3 hours of comedy. fucking. GOLD. Wish I could remember all the jokes! Also I ended up sitting next to Arnold Schwarzeneggar who was laughing just as uproariously as the rest of us were. Then Robin singled me out for coming back from the bathroom and was heaping shit on me for wearing my usual rainbow striped socks. Then after the show I was helping pack up and provided my little cordless drill (which I'd miraculously brought to a comedy gig...). Then there was Ita Buttrose (Eat a assflower) waiting for a taxi to go home after the show too. There was a LOT more going on, but the vividity of the dream felt a thousand times more real (and yet observably absurd) and went on for hours in both the dream and in material time (pre 6:30-10:30am). I woke up finally with a cheshire cat type grin on my dial and an overwhelming sense of celebration (not grief over his passing as I had - a rare thing for me with public figures).

I think perception, the individual's Greater Self, and state of mind have a lot to do with why we dream the things we dream; the characters, the archetypes, and the greater purpose.

Personally I think the link between dreams (and other States of Consciousness) and material causality (through biochemistry, physics, etc) will one day be found. I think it will be soon in historical terms. I hope I'll be alive - or reincarnated - when that magical epiphany sends shockwaves throughout human cultures.

• Like 2

I couldn't agree more with that statment.. I believe these discoveries will most certainly be accompanied by a world of discovery that relates everything from religion and spirituality to athletic performance and the social sciences..... quite frankly the goal is to elimate the corrupt virus infected operating system of the world and replace it with a scientific based rational religion that supports an evolving humanity... we really do have so much to look forward to but there's nothing traditional about it and I think the only thing in between "this" and "that" is a monopolistic stranglehold on information... in other words I don't think the discoveries are anything new, but will certainly be perceived as such when we finally arrive to yet another golden age. In this day and age you literally have to be crazy to even begin to delve into those types of studies, even most of the esoteric organizations are just a front, moreso managing the interested rather than enlightening them imo...

I look forward to the day when crazy is no longer crazy and then we'll be able to express ourselves in ways that are much more productive and conducive to a healthy society(ies)... when passions are promoted from an early age and the entire elimination

of cookie cutter, dumbed down educations which reward ass kissing and memorization rather then the good wholesome and natural explorative sense we're all born with... questioning the status quo as a youth is a sign of genius, rather than a warming about non conformity... but you can't tell that to the fuckers with all the plaques and certificates, and the padded jobs.. its kinda like asking bobcat to rename his cactus kate pedro and call it an unknown hybrid.... but who knows right - laffs

thats why I say conflicts of interest lead to incest... okay I don't really say that it doesn't even sound right but whatever

Im quite envious of that dream... what a fucking cool ass dream... I mostly Day dream about RW and thats blessing

enough imo

I dreamed I was trying to masturbate, most lame fucking dream ever lol I woke up really early drank half a coffee

and went back to sleep and I don't even remember if i dreamed that before or after the coffee but god damn I could have

dreamed about much nicer things than just whacking off, fuck

• Like 1