The Corroboree

Ola fiends,

Last week i had to do a spot of nephew/niece minding and the little punks got me watching a show called "One piece".

Being incapicitated at the time, i really got in to (what i thought was) this kids show. It deals with a whole gamut of life choice type questions , skillfully displayed through the premise of cartoony , random goodness. Anyway, i become totally absorbed with this stupid animation series about a kid pirate and his adventures -to the point of the kids started murmuring about how uncle has gone off his rocker

- dem dar kiddies*shakes fist with one hand and rattles walking stick with the other .

So in true random style of thoughts entering your sub conscious when you least expect it, i pondered what some members here(being the weird and wonderfully different mob yous are) have been taking up as new addictions.

??

so if you care to share i ask thee this, what new addiction has taken hold in your life.

I've been reinfected by mass media by a certain clicky member's contributions on my favourite site. For years now I've resisted watching a news show or picking up a newspaper, but I just can't help myself, when I see the thread title I have to read it.

And then the real trouble begins, because once I've read it, I start *thinking* about it, and writing replies. And it's just all downhill from there really. I'll end up buying a TV just so I can shout at it, or responding to YouTube comments. I am giving an advanced medical directive now with y'all as my witnesses, if I'm ever that badly off, you have permission to put me down. For now, I might just block those posts for a few weeks and see if it clears up on its own. And pursue some healthier addiction - I hear heroin is nice.

• Like 1

fark thats terrible terry........my brother wants me to put him down too, must be that ebola thingy or something. i says to him"hey, if you want me to put you down . maybe you have the onset of alzheimers zombieddarwinism or something?

he says"just shoot me already"

actually i do remember about that horse but thats one i'm never gunna ride again.

anyone taken up a spot of stripping per chance?

Never fear, I'm pursuing something healthier yet...

With the imminent zombiebola apocalypse, I decided on the weekend that this might be a good opportunity to develop my knife-throwing skills, which at the moment are non-existent. So... to the YouTube!

Half an hour later, I have learned the difference between spin & no-spin techniques, and decided that Xolette must be the cutest thing to have popped out of a woman's vagina since they invented Hello Kitty ping-pong balls. Hang on, there was supoosed something about knives in here somewhere...

After watching some less attractive instructors, I also learn that screwdrivers can work just as well as knives for "no-spin", and figuring that that's one less sharp surface per weapon to injure myself on, go outside to put this to the test. Results: knife or screwdriver, doesn't really matter, I could hurt myself throwing a shoe. I may have to stick to melee weapons in the coming disorder.

And chesh, you gotta think of the members you don't want to see stripping before you go opening that door...

Edited by Anodyne
  • Like 2

^now thats some sound reasoning. huzzar anodyne!

...and yes, the third eye boggles, splutters and chokes at the thought of hillbilly and incog -for example, getting their kit off and sharing the upside down, swirl open legged fling around manourve on the steel shaft at the iguana club on sunset strip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uhTS4WqUe0

Qi gong! I was hooked from my first experience, and this new 'addiction' has so lovingly begun rewiring my perceptions that several other addictions have since faded in significance.

The other biggie is this French supernatural drama 'Les Revenats' .... It's just too awesome. So spooky and classy and full of surprises. I churned through the first season in a matter of days and am now experiencing withdrawals, the lingering melodies of the soundtrack by Mogwai haunt me on the edge of sleep. Bring on season 2!

.. I have also grown rather fond of astrology, lately I've quite often been aware of certain emotional influxes and then looked up the astrological positions and the corresponding influences and found that everything I have been experiencing is succinctly described and explained.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 3

sleep. it's just so beautiful and i can't get enough,

• Like 3

cacti juice, valium, painkillers, 1000 ways to die tv show,kpop,eating ,valium the list gos on and on and valium

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

plus one for bulla bulla there^ cept vally benzomakeyouu freakazoid tabs are noo more too for mee :( though valli's were great for having to see the future inlaws once upon a time - but now it's opposite.

my inlaw parents are my benzo's and my clan are loosing their grip on 'what is reality'

^$(KGrHqNHJE!FJbw+EveyBSd8hP4L0g~~60_35.J

Started collecting coloured vinyl....again

EDIT - vinyl RECORDS ...otherwise that might have looked bad...lol

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 2

^ that notion bullit, vallium

Edit: gem stone hunting in permitted area, only found a few tiny zircons n sum alluvial gold ( found nearly an ounce already!)

Edited by ~shameless~
  • Like 1

Just for you cheshire, local gal Felix Cane...

..the "no-hands" thing ~3:40 is just absurd. Ukraine's got nuthin.

• Like 1

Recently addicted to fishing.

Working out pretty well. I have spent next to nothing so far and managed to decrease my screen time significantly.

• Like 2

the third eye boggles, splutters and chokes at the thought of hillbilly and incog -for example, getting their kit off and sharing the upside down, swirl open legged fling around manourve on the steel shaft at the iguana club on sunset strip.

Oh I dunno, won't we be needing some kind of alternative to the arm-wrestling competition for the 2015 camp?

I used to watch one piece before work every morning . I understand the addiction :)

im still addicted to cactus collecting, and SAB and

um well its all a front for my spine collecting

I am becoming more of a health nut tho, and I eat a shitload of watermelon when its hot

oh yeah...

If im truly addicted to something it would be Zevia, Ginger Root Beer and Dr. Zevia, and a couple other flavors are alright

but I just can't stop craving them, especially with homemade chicken spaghetti

Addicted to my new toy - Volcano 'plenty'........... just cant get enough of that vapey goodness. :)

• Like 1

pole dancing (Uky got nothing on Oz lol, she's a ripper mate!) -knife throwing with a screwdriver chaser,astrology, a touch of prospecting by the ~shameless~ (nice one mang), benzomatics by bullabulla cheers,

some vinyl spinning by DJsouthern, fishing-something that i've done and really enjoyed mostly for the company but equally at times for the serenity, nice one foo-, .......sleep......ah beautiful sleep how i've missed thy company,

suger subbed pop fizz chickenbog - sounds buzzy and climb that volcano vapy vap monstermento......

and incog understands one peace true too well :wink:

ok, these all look worthwhile - thankyou fiends

anymore?

• Like 1

About two weeks ago I finally had my backyard landscaped so that the cats can go outside along with bunny Ginger. Peanut the black female wouldn't have been on grass since she was about 5 weeks old (she's now a bit over 2yrs old), and Sebastian - "Basi" - hasn't been on grass for the same amount of time when he was about 4 months old. It's been AWESOME finally being able to let them out and have my deck and yard done (I've been in my new house for nearly a year) and can restart a garden again. In such an overcrowded new housing estate (there are SEVEN houses which can see into my backyard!!!), getting some privacy for my little garden sanctuary has felt soooo good and even my partner is getting into getting his hands dirty (a green thumb he aint lol) has been enjoyable. The yard's been getting a lot of direct sunlight most of the day and not much wind.

So yeah... my latest addiction is transforming what was a shitty little patio and a half dead dried turf tinpot yard, into my Magic Garden to share it with my partner and the bubbas :) I think a green shade cloth lean-to around the kitchen window side with a small rocky koi pond will just top it off.

This video was taken last week before we stuck a heap of anti bird-spikes along the fence tops to keep Peanut from climbing out. We're in the process of putting wire around the plants next to the fence so that Ginger doesn't keep eating them! Gotta protect the chew-rat from eating the brug, acacias, poppies , chacruna and ayas!

While I'm obsessing over the bubbas, here's a couple more videos...

Ginger's only around 3 months old here, she's such a cheeky sweetheart

This was during summer when I shaved the cats lol.

Peanut and Ginger having their first one-on-one play. Ginger is absolutely fearless lol. The first night we got her she was falling asleep on our laps and dream twitching.

• Like 4

I think watching pole dancing youtube videos is my new addiction.

• Like 3

oh ginge!

@2.50 peanut's backscratch. classic !

cat's playing ball when shaved down NEED fluffy tails......otherwise they're nude :wink:

Positivity rubs off i reckon........dance of the sugerplum fairy...indeed ,You seem happy Fancy pants

and thankyou heaps for sharing.

• Like 1

Animals are heaps better than people, including myself lol, they're absolutely amazing, and the cats were rescues. And I couldn't ever bear shaving their tails, but they look even funnier when I do a shithouse shaving job. Peanut actually gets off on the buzz of the electric shaver! My bubbas are an absolute n-loop of happiness for me :) It was imperative that they be allowed to have access outside without running amok in the neighbourhood or being injured - Basi would roll over in front of a moving car, Peanut would try to fight one... They're all so hilarious :D

Also those pole dancers are amazing! Especially that Ukrainian lady, look up her dancing to Marilyn Manson's Tainted Love