The Corroboree
paradox

Original Drawing Thread

Thanks. That drawing of yours holymountain, is very Shpongle. I like.

I notice you mirrored the left and right halves to attain symmetry :) Clever.

goddesbackground.jpg

woah, that's lookin' heaps like something from nemo!

I like your peregrine morg, really nice, the hands are good too.

beautiful work folks :)

morg those are some really nice drawings man, great stuff. you seriously should start drawing again bro. do you know how often you hear that people with real talent just don't do it anymore!?! seriously, theres no excuses :ana:

holymountain, i've seen your stuff in that other thread & it's really great man. this psychedelic hindu god type drawing is really cool too

if you guys have more to share post away! looking forward to seeing what else pops out of the woodwork too :lol:

Edited by paradox

this thread gives me a reason to finish off some of those sketches i never finished!! some great pieces in here, hope people continue to post their work! I'll make sure i get some of my stuff up soon!!

Here's one I did a few years ago. I'll post some more soon.

I really like your style Paradox. The meaning that you convey simply through form and shape is awesome.

post-3855-1243156432_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

thanks man. thats a cool drawing! it has a really good 'glowing' effect to it which makes it come alive, looking forward to seeing more man!

can't wait to see your stuff too misteek. let it rip folks!

Nice work there paradox.

Here's a crappy doodle I did a while back. It's all lopsided and uneven and bleh lol

My scanner couldn't handle the size so I had to scan each corner and join it up in photoshop.. which is why it looks a bit silly.

2463uok.jpg

Edited by Adrian Psy
  • Like 1

aww that's loose adrian nice work.

paradox i like those sticker faces on page one. the face with lines you just posted reminds me of the study nabraxas posted a while ago where an artist did some portraits at various stages of an lsd trip. was it inspired by that drawing by any chance?

stinkmeat's old thread:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...inkmeat+drawing

I can't draw for shit but cheers everyone for posting your pics. Wins all round

aww that's loose adrian nice work.

aha cheers mate

hey, nice work adrian! i like your style man. any more to share?

paradox i like those sticker faces on page one. the face with lines you just posted reminds me of the study nabraxas posted a while ago where an artist did some portraits at various stages of an lsd trip. was it inspired by that drawing by any chance?

thanks man. um i remember seeing those LSD drawings, but no this drawing wasn't inspired by them it was done about 5 years ago, which is well before i saw the drawings nabraxas posted. i dunno, i guess it could be somewhat LSD inspired, i'm not too sure i just did it...

heres a drawing i did around the same time...in a similar vein as that one. once again, sorry for shitty photo:

n1132453936_317859_9574.jpg

Love that face paradox :D

Here's some more of mine..

2dlteno.jpg

b3oj9d.jpg

Looking at my artworks now.. I actually like some of the ideas in them. I just don't like how they look so messy and rushed. I think they looked rushed mainly because they ARE.. but I'd like to improve on these.. probably adding colour digitally.. I have a Wacom tablet but never use it.

Edited by Adrian Psy
  • Like 2

cool drawings Apsy. i actually dig the 'messy' ness of your style. i'm personally not a fan of digitally enhancement, i like to keep it old school but thats just me. although it'd probably be fun messing around with things in photoshop, you just have to be careful not to overdo it IMO.

n1132453936_317862_400.jpg Edited by Paradox

ahh cheers mate.

Well I dunno really. I don't mean completely digitalise it.. but see.. your lines are so fine and perfect. Mine are all over the place, wonky, some thicker than others.. etc.. lol

I love that pic you just posted

Well I dunno really. I don't mean completely digitalise it.. but see.. your lines are so fine and perfect. Mine are all over the place, wonky, some thicker than others.. etc.. lol

so what, i like that! seriously, it's your particular style & it's unique. i mean i have a friend & technically, his drawing skills aren't perfect. he gets really frustrated about it & he thinks they look like messy kids drawings, but they have this really unique style to them. something about the overall composition of his childish lines & the way he uses colour etc makes them such brilliant pieces of art. i think he's a much better drawer than i am!

point is, it's not about having fine, perfect lines & all that, it's about working with what you've got & developing your own style & letting loose & being creative & having fun. i reckon that comes through in your drawings. i know what you mean tho, you always want to get better & all & it's awesome to experiment all the time, but i reckon it's important to not sacrifice your own unique style for the sake of making it look 'perfect' or something....just some thoughts

• Like 1

Great thread, great worx

Adrian, I too like the style of your drawing, I like it's rushed and hurried, it's got nice and creative ideas. Paradox I love your work, especially the first big one in post #1

I will post some shitty drawing me and a friend made at some time last year later tonight...

Alright here it is!

OK, I know it's shitty, also I never had any real inclination to drawing, and I don't really have anything else to show. Still, apart from the [poor] contribution itself, there are some facts about the creation itself that might be interesting or useful, or even [hopefully] inspiring.

mixalis-panos-zwgrafia.jpg

Well here's the 'novelty':

The drawing was made by two people, me and a friend in one sitting. There were rules: each one draws onl;y within a square of predefined proportions [you can spot the squares if you look more carefully] and then the other draws another, necessarily in a boardering square and so on. each one could choose from varius pens, markers etc and can draw whatever he likes. For example the square with the gibbet or the one with the stone wall are mine. So each draws in turns, another idea is a limited time for each square...

So, the utilisation of the idea is far from perfect - we dont know how to draw anyways - but others could make this idea look really great. AF course more people can contribute, or the rules altered and adapted to the occasion.

Oh, we made our drawing after having smoked a couple of tobacco-amanita joints, legal wehere I'm at. It's some 2 years old - the drawing, I mean :)

===============PS: no copyright, all rights are reversed. Use and transform at will =============

PS2: you can tell it's not finished, huh?? :)

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

Here's a few more for ya's. All of them are in a pretty unfinished state, but you get the idea enough.

post-3855-1244629702_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1244629713_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1244629719_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1244629729_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1244629739_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1244629745_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629702_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629713_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629719_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629729_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629739_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629745_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629702_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629713_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629719_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629729_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629739_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1244629745_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

my artistic abilities never graduated beyond those of a 5 y.o. but i'm digging it :P

do you guys put your work up on deviant art or anything?