The Corroboree
whitewind

Botanical Collections vs Drug Plants

I have been thinking a lot about botanical collections, especially after the Myco horror. Trying to think of the best ways to protect yourself and preserve your collection should things go bad. As a collector myself, I would naturally be devastated if they took it away and destroyed it. More so than the fine which would be unbelievably harsh and the conviction which I personally count as a wrong against myself.

I am sort of leaning very strongly towards keeping thorough records of your collection, even registering it officially somehow (ideas, floating, more later). Thorough accurate labels on each and every plant plus a recorded database of your stock, including details of value, initial cost, rare or endangered status and so on would surely go a long way to prove that you are a serious collector rather than an amateur drug grower. Having a physical value of stock would also be a way to prove a different type of value and may allow a way to be recompensed if your stock is destroyed, it is also a point to argue if your plants are endangered in the wild or otherwise rare.

I know people here argue to mislabel plants and so on to avoid self-incrimination and I understand and sort of agree, but it looks terrible, as if you have something to hide, if you get caught out, and it also makes it very hard to argue re. botanical collection if you don't have any records.

Thoughts and ideas everyone?

• Like 1

....laws fuck over good people as well

EDIT - I will presume under most circumstances a hypothetical scenario like this would still lead to an assumption of a botanical collection of "drug plants" if thats what the law states

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 2

is there a list of trichoceresu that do not contain mescaline?

• Like 2

id just tell the law im going to kill someone and then myself if my plants get taken. balls in there court.

• Like 3

id just tell the law im going to kill someone and then myself if my plants get taken. balls in there court.

hahahah looks like u r going with ya plants then .......

Settle down Matilda.

The vast majority of plants are often valuable, rare and threatened botanical specimens of high interest.

Drug plants are those with high starch or sugar contents that can be used to create ethanol. :o

• Like 1

I just wanted to touch on this topic, whitewind has mentioned something that has come across my mind too.

Simply registering to an official - your plants both quantity and size, keeping a diary and catalog of maintenance like pruning and proper disposal of material. This means there is proof that these plants are not being harvested or misused.

Although it's not much use talking about it given the likelihood of this ever developing is close to nil, but I can see merit in the idea.

I'd actually forgotten about this. I think there would have to be a legal register somewhere and then exemptions made under the law(s) pertaining to specific plants. Currently even registered official botanic gardens do have to apply for specific exemptions to remain within the law, though any attempt to prosecute Sydney Botanic Gardens for growing tobacco (which it does) would be met with uproar from the general public which would then lead to a proper discussion of the law. One would think. There is room for this I think but it would take a lot of work and the right political environment which we really don't seem to have right now. It might help to get botanical hardens on side but currently most are very quiet politically it seems. Especially those which rely on government funding and have directors with strong links to the power elite. It may be worth a few heads getting together to discuss a pathway forward, including some more legally minded thinkers...