The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gtarman

Where to find Sida acuta (wireweed)

Hey all.

So I've recently found out that Sida acuta is supposed to be a very strong systemic antibiotic plant that can allegedly treat drug-resistant bacteria.

I understand it's a weed in some places in Ausralia, which is probably why I can't find seeds for sale anywhere...but I'd still like to try and find some seed to cultivate a couple in pots for the zombie apocalypse...or you know, for general antibiotic treatments before the apocalypse.

Does this grow near anybody here who might be able to collect seeds for me?

• Like 1

It might actually grow near me, after looking at its range, but I'm rubbish at paying attention to these sorts of things when I'm out and about...

Hi, i can help out : ) im not sure if its acuta or rhombifolia, i havent studied them enough to tell but if you want some of the seed pm me : )

Sida rhombifolia! Maybe acuta is a sinonym. Anyways... I use it in many herbal preparations... it can be used to treat Tuberculosis! It can help in skeletal issues.

It grows naturaly here in my country and I can get plenty of seeds.

• Like 1

Awesome, could you tell me a little more about the preperation? what part of the plant and amount do you use for tuberculosis?

thank you : )

rhombifolia is a different plant, not synonymous, but also does have similar properties in some regards. you guys might both want to check out this book - really good read, this is the one I found out about the plant from and it gives details on rhombifolia as well and a whole bunch of other cool "plantibiotics"

http://www.amazon.com/Herbal-Antibiotics-2nd-Alternatives-Drug-resistant/dp/1603429875/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432458766&sr=8-2&keywords=antibiotic+plants

• Like 2

cheers gtarman : ) i just ordered a copy

• Like 1

I got that everywhere around me. I think all the sida can be used the same way to much the same effect. I feel acacia concurrens will work better or perhaps both. I can post you seeds of sida acuta, Rhrombifolia, and cordifolia if you like? Acuta will however take over everything and sucks to try to remove. Out of all the sida's (all parts of all 3 above are edible) acuta will need the most attention on filtering, due to it's hairs.