The Corroboree

Hi, I'm pretty new to these forums and I know that it is probably annoying to just post like this asking for plants, so if I'm breaking any ettiquette please let me know. In fact I'm fairly new to ethnobotanicals in general. About 2 years ago I started gardening myself, mainly herbs and edible plants and found it an amazing enriching experience and also practical, enjoyable etc. I've been interested in ethnobotanicals for a while, reading about interesting plants and spying on these forums and would really like to become involved. Unfortunately, as I am new to this, I don't really have much to trade other than regular plants, which I would be happy to list if anyone is interested. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone has any cheap seeds/plants or seeds/plants they would like to exchange for some of my regular plants, so I can start getting involved. Again, I'm sorry if this is against etiquette, if it is, just let me know.

Thanks,

Rasputin Man

• Like 1

Im happy to send you a few HBWR and yopo seeds dude :) Cant offer much else atm but thatll help kick you off, PM us. Recommend ya get a few cactus cuts/ lophs aswell, there my fave aspect of my ethno collection. Everything else gets sort of neglected :wub:

Welcome aboard, and thanks for not asking for anything illegal, as some other new members often do :)

You may or may not be aware, but there are two very reputable ethnobtanical vendors in Australia that sell seeds, plants, herbs and other bits & bobs.

http://www.herbalistics.com.au/shop/catalog/

http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/shop/

Hi there and welcome!

Thats a very courteous message you have posted!

If you would like I can send you a little welcome pack of various trichocereus cacti seeds, send me a PM with your details. (You might need to make another post before your PM priveldges work)

If you have a little browse down the seed and plant exchange you will notice some people selling various things at reasonable prices,

for instance - tripsis http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31026

is selling some lovely TBMs very cheaply that I really want to buy myself - but I have spent so much on cactus already this year that I must restrain myself.

If you are in melb, it would be even easier as then I can just give you some plants rather than trying to organise postage.

Let me know!

welcome rasputin, gotta start somewhere give us a PM with ya details and i will send you a few spare seeds i have, i think you asked pretty nicely and genuinely...that goes along way in my perspective...cheers!

A warm welcome from me too man.. when you are able to PM me

I would be happy to send you a nice little trichocereus knuthianus cross to help with your collection.

I like your approach bro ! :)

• Like 2

This guy's going to get a shock when he logs in again

Welcome To The Corroboree Rasputin Man . You have done alright hey. Your letter box is going to be chock'o'block. :)

Wow, this is a lot greater response than I was expecting.

Thanks Goldtop, your offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Psylodread, now I know where to get some plants, that should help a lot.

Niggles, I am in Melb, so I can come and get those things you've rather generously donated. Cheers!

Thanks El Presidente, I will pm you as soon as able.

Appreciate it, Applesnail. I think you guys have a great thing going on here and I'm eager to be a part of it in a genuine way.

Thanks Tipz, just like to be straight up and courteous, think it works in most areas of life, so why not try it out with you guys!

Amazonian, looks like I have done alright.

Thanks a bunch guys! Can't tell you how excited I am to be journeying into this place. I'm gonna do my best to be as generous with my stuff as you guys have been to me.

Thanks for an amazing welcome!

RM

• Like 1

Oh by the way, I assume you have to have a certain number of posts to PM or something like that. How many posts do I need?

three should do it. try pm'ing now.

hurray! everyone here is so nice. i wish i tried this when i joined lol...

another handy hint mister rasputin, is to come along to one of our regular meet ups in the botanic gardens in the city. always cool stuff floating around there, and it really is easier and more fun than you would expect. check the news and notices thread, there is usually at least one meet per season.

and no im sorry i am not going to add to your already bulging christmas stocking ya lucky bastard! :lol:

have fun now

Time for me to start a sock puppet account.

• Like 2