The Corroboree
7baz

Divine Intervention about to occur.

you included a bank manager ? Hardly the illuminati elite

yeah but what about the rest? it's not a bad list to present for the sake of the argument. i'd say it shows certain people working in that industry are getting very nervous about their future. mass resignations are a lot different to mass firings. which go on in industries all the time.

I'm shocked that any open-minded individual could dismiss the reality of conspiracy in the world. :wink:

post-7941-0-70921700-1333329718_thumb.jp

I don't deny the reality of conspiracies, far from it. But there is a big difference between the reality of conspiracies and conspiracy theories. Those conspiracy theory websites are bullshit. Over and over again it's the same ridiculous terrifying claims based on hearsay and over and over again it's shown to be false.

And when there is a real conspiracy, it's funny how its never these conspriacy theory websites that uncover it! "there's something to this" "they are trying to suppress the truth" "read between the lines" "keep an open mind" "be ready" and the favorite "according to my own research" Is this place turning into godlikeproductions or what? When will people learn? There is a big difference between uncovering a conspiracy based on solid evidence and investigation and just being some lonely paranoid trying to give meaning to their life by believing at every implausible, fantastic conspiracy theory that your fellow paranoids promote.

If the conspiracy theory is based on no evidence and the conspiracy would involve the confidence and complicity of millions of ordinary people in different stations of life, you can be positive it is bullshit. This describes 99% of conspiracy theories on those websites, and for the other 1% you can read a book.

*edit* Wait it's true!

http://bostonherald....rested_in_sweep

Criminal aliens are being arrested!

*edit* Predictably, google brought up godlikeproductions as one of the top links for this, and even the lunatics over there are all like "not this bullshit again!"

Edited by chilli
  • Like 1

just being some lonely paranoid trying to give meaning to their life by believing at every implausible, fantastic conspiracy theory that your fellow paranoids promote.

lets not resort to gross judgements here. my life rules dude, it's awesome. i'm not interested in these things because my life lacks meaning. i'm interested in this stuff because it's downright interesting! not everyone can be written off as a paranoid. it's like me saying 'this guy doesn't agree therefore he must be a fat, mcdonalds eating dumbass'.

7baz has presented some interesting links and information and some of it looks to be backed up by some news stories. i understand that everyone has different ideas about what is going on, but most of the criticsm being expressed is in the vein of 'this is bullshit. it's all conspiracy theory' rather than any actual arguments over the information. i don't mind either way. i'm not committed to any beliefs or ideas, this stuff might be true or it might not be. in the end, i can't (and wouldn't care to) convince anyone of anything but i don't mind a bit of discussion ;)

• Like 1

I wonder what the german people were told directly before the mass kidnappings of jewish people occurred.

:P

• Like 2

anyone notied the mass amount of bank CEO resignations happening ? over 450 bank ceos so far this year and most of it happening in feb and march and its growing... somethings defiantly going on here.

I really cant be bothered going through all the rest of these but as you can see there a only a couple of bank CEO's that have actually resigned in Feb and March and if you look further there are a number that have or are moving to another position in the banking sector.

There are many reasons that there are so many movements in the banks at the moment one just could be the world financial crisis (2012)

NZX and media announcement - 14 September 2011 ANZO Director resigns - Mark Verbiest Mark Verbiest has resigned as a director of AMP NZ Office Limited (ANZO). His resignation will take effect from 30 November 2011

September 2011 Jane Perry has resigned as JP Morgans head of worldwide securities services, with Mark Kelley appointed as Perrys replacement.

July 2011 Commonwealth Bank CEO Ralph Norris, 62, announced today he is retiring in November.

Jan 29th 2012 Reserve Bank Governor Alan Bollard says he won’t seek a third term heading up New Zealand’s central bank. Speculation emerged last week that Bollard would step down, and today he confirmed he won’t put his name forward for a third term when his current one ends on Sept. 25.

Feb 21 2012 Stephen Fitzgerald, chairman of Goldman Sachs Group’s Australia and New Zealand unit, is leaving less than a year after the bank took full ownership of the business. Fitzgerald, 48, is retiring after joining New York-based Goldman Sachs in 1992, according to an internal memo sent to Bloomberg News today. He will leave at the end of March.

Feb 15 2012 Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd. (ANZ.AU) Wednesday announced a senior management reshuffle sparked by the resignation of veteran Chief Financial Officer Peter Marriott. Marriott plans to pursue a non-executive career following 15 years as the banks CFO. His departure is effective May 1,

Feb 16 2012 ANDREW Chick will step in to lead Royal Bank of Scotlands Australian arm after Stephen Williams quits the role.

Mr Williams confirmed yesterday that he will relinquish his position in three to six months.

Feb 28 2012 A NORTH Queensland bank manager has been sentenced to nine years jail for stealing $3 million from his customers to feed his gambling and shopping addictions. :lol:

Feb 29 2012 Perpetual head of equities Matt Williams will step down as senior portfolio manager of the $5.8-billion Industrial Share Fund, of which he managed 50 per cent. The measure was taken to give him more time to focus on his responsibilities as head of equities, a Perpetual spokesperson said :)

March 6 2012 Tim Wildash has cashed himself out as chief executive of Australia’s largest ATM operator, Customers Ltd, a week after announcing a collapse in earnings. Bank ?

March 9 2012 Bank of Queensland has lost its highly regarded chief operating officer Ram Kangatharan, six months after he was passed over for the top job at the regional lender.

Cheers

Got

Edited by GoOnThen
  • Like 1

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias, myside bias or verification bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. For example, in reading about gun control, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

• Like 2

lets not resort to gross judgements here. my life rules dude, it's awesome. i'm not interested in these things because my life lacks meaning. i'm interested in this stuff because it's downright interesting! not everyone can be written off as a paranoid. it's like me saying 'this guy doesn't agree therefore he must be a fat, mcdonalds eating dumbass'.

7baz has presented some interesting links and information and some of it looks to be backed up by some news stories. i understand that everyone has different ideas about what is going on, but most of the criticsm being expressed is in the vein of 'this is bullshit. it's all conspiracy theory' rather than any actual arguments over the information. i don't mind either way. i'm not committed to any beliefs or ideas, this stuff might be true or it might not be. in the end, i can't (and wouldn't care to) convince anyone of anything but i don't mind a bit of discussion ;)

Don't take it personally, I didn't mean anyone in particular, just the kind of people that frequent those forums forums and get into that stuff year after year.

There's no point making rationla argument because people who believe stuff like this aren't being rational.

Like Psylo said let's just wait and see who was right. I've seen it literally dozens of times before over the last ten years and if I spent a lot of time on those forums it would be hundreds of times.

I've battled for a long time against a particular conspiracy theory - that global climate change is a scam, doesn't exist, is a way for the elites to create a world government and so on. After a while, you realise that the people you are arguing with are refusing to see evidence, and will argue from any angle trying to prove you are wrong. It is a belief system which brooks no argument, and if you argue well enough there is an excellent chance of abuse or even death threats.

This is one of the main reasons why I tend to reject these things very quickly, because there is not much point in taking them on board until evidence is presented and shown to be good.

The evidence shown here is very circumstantial, and there is very little of it, which is why I keep asking for more. Yes, I understand the theory, and yes it makes sense, but until there is good solid evidence for it why should I accept it as fact?

• Like 1

I had a German friend who showed me a conspiracy website, there was a whole page listed of some pretty awful things the Jews had apparently said before and during the holocaust. It was all well and good, I said, but where is the context? What was it in reply to, when was it said, under what circumstances? There were no answers, not without doing some serious research which neither of us were willing to do.

He was a profoundly intelligent man, but somehow he was so angry and disillusioned about society that he was willing to see anything that challenged our current comprehension of it.

It should be clarified, particularly for Holy Mountain, but also for 7Baz, that my skepticism not an attempt to belittle your belief (or may we say suspicion, if you wish) in this latest viral meme. However it is the right of others to offer a counter-discussion on what many readers may rightly view as a ridiculous notion.

Without knowing either of you, I need to ask if you have actually started any serious stockpiling of food & other essential supplies since this internet article was released a few days ago. My speculation is that you have not packed the larder with a months worth of goods, therefore you aren't taking it too seriously either.

From this point on, 'you' refers to nobody, or everybody. Take 'your' pick.

There's nothing inherently wrong with having an interest in conspiracy theories, although I don't subscribe to them myself, and HM is quite right, it does irk me. Just as much as people having conversations with me about "this & that latest scientific breakthrough", "Studies have proven", and other such fallacious statements that are polluting the internet.

All seems a bit... trashy.

It's not shameful to enjoy fiction, and millions of novels are sold each year doing exactly that. A fantasy to allow one's mind to wander & wonder.

Just as I cannot, in sound state of mind, believe many facets of religious ideology*, or bring myself to genuinly say to myself "Well, if they're right, then I'm fucked/going to hell/going to heaven", this latest campaign isn't winning me over in the slightest. It's not about an open mind, or lack thereof, as the insinuation might have been earlier, but observing these claims in a logical manner.

One thing I do support is the factual evidence that the model of modern business corporations are about profit for a select few, at the expense of employee impact. We only need to look at the trend towards offshore service centres, in order to boost shareholder confidence. Or that the line between Industry & Government has been blurred, with one often seeking leniancy from the other. There's so much I could write about this, and nobody could offer a tangible counter arguement - although mainstream first world citizens will view my words as a conspiracy theory in itself.

May I bring your attention to my post #36 (casting aside that to do so may embed an idea into others that I'm such a spotlight hog). Why don't you believe this (paragraph 2) to be true? A conspiracy theory created to fuel an actual conspiracy ? We are existing in a new frontier for marketing, as the traditional models of delivery become redundant. If I had the desire, I could knock up a 10-minute video presenting this theory using plenty of still images with funky fading effects, intersperced with vintage video footage, snips of various symolisms that are now associated with such internet presentations (we just know that the Eye of Providence will appear), all underlaid with a careful selection of incidental music & aural emotions, and record a pre-written & rehersed commentary which aligns to the audio/visual component. Providing the initial distribution was successful, it could have a million visits within a week.

DId you know that Elvis Presley, Stephen Hawking, Shirley Bassey & David Bowie all share the same birthday ? Stopped to contemplate "The 27 Club"? There are very real trends occuring that need to be examined. Conspiracy theorising memes only serve to draw people away from the truth, and fill their heads with dispiritave, shallow muck.

Edited by Psylo Dread
  • Like 4

Someone once said to me: "don't be so open-minded that your brain leaks out."

What this means, is to not discard your own ability to reason in the quest for neutrality, for to do so is to be unable to discern neutrality.

Now while I'm not saying "it's impossible", I'm saying it's highly unlikely (we're talking the odds of throwing a paper dart from your window and landing it on the moon). The only motivation I can see is that the army as a coherent whole, suddenly, became more moral than I am as a single person (I'd like to think I'm somewhat moral). What's more, is that it's supposed to be global. So all the armies, had a big meeting, and decided to be the good guys? This would be awesome, but I hope the way I phrased it shows how utterly novel such a global wave of kindness would be. I seriously don't think a revolution has existed that does not have as a primary focus the direct welfare of the people revolting themselves. The army have it pretty good, with all their extortionate funding and such, so I don't think they're doing it for better salaries or anything. That brings me to the next paragraph.

Or, maybe they just want to stage a global coup, and then we will all be under military control. This, I believe is more likely. There are innumerable precedents for revolts based on the revolters wanting a bigger slice of pie. If this happened, I daresay things would get a lot worse.

• Like 1

How this sounds to me

The government (who would be the only ppl who would be able to implement this) sat down and said we don't want power or money anymore so they said to the police and army right can you go arrest all the bank CEOs plus some ppl in this room and some of our friends and co workers and your friends and co workers and we want to do it for free because after this you won't have a job anymore as we won't be able to pay you but don't tell anyone

Then they said to the bankers we are going to arrest you for crimes against humanity unless you quit then its fine but don't tell anyone

don't be so open minded that your brain spills out

don't get me wrong id love this to be true and Im not insulting anyone for believing it, it could be true i just think you have to look at the other side of the argument

Edited by cactuscarl

Don't take it personally, I didn't mean anyone in particular, just the kind of people that frequent those forums forums and get into that stuff year after year.

There's no point making rationla argument because people who believe stuff like this aren't being rational.

are you talking about trippers on an ethnobotany forum or conspiracy people on conspiracy sites?

are you talking about trippers on an ethnobotany forum or conspiracy people on conspiracy sites?

I meant the conspiracy theory sites, or "truth" sites as they often call themselves now.

If I had the desire, I could knock up a 10-minute video presenting this theory using plenty of still images with funky fading effects, intersperced with vintage video footage, snips of various symolisms that are now associated with such internet presentations (we just know that the Eye of Providence will appear), all underlaid with a careful selection of incidental music & aural emotions, and record a pre-written & rehersed commentary which aligns to the audio/visual component. Providing the initial distribution was successful, it could have a million visits within a week.

It would be cool to make a video like that about conspiracy theories.

What's with the small font, some kind of illuminist plot?

Given my self-styled mode of paranoid conspiracy theorist I can assure you David Wilcock is a disinformation agent working FOR the US Government. There may be truths but they will be so twisted that they would be unrecognisable.

Yes, be prepared. Stock up on food & other supplies ! Then consider an anternative conspiracy. That the corporations are actually funding these nutbag conspiracy videos at certain times of the year, to increase their profits of tinned baked beans, bottled water, petrol & camp ovens. It's an excellent, cheap viral-marketing manipulation to boost sales during a slow financial quarter. Nobody would suspect their motives because very cleverly they gear the campaign to makes themselves out to be the victims, but come April month end, sales figures are up by 30% !

Well I'm getting prepared, I used to be more so but I've been moving around a bit. Even if I spend more now, those tins don't go off, beans store for years and rice just gets replaced as it gets used up, it stores for months if done right, so there will be more money in the system for a short while but then it levels off again.

The main problem is water, I do know where there is a spring about 1/2 hour walk, but it's widely known and used already. Other than that, it's town water.

But it was this way with the bird-flu vaccine, where the stores were going out of date and no-one was buying, so one non-existent flu scare and all your stocks are shifted before they go out of date. Brilliant marketing, helped by gullible governments and willing media.

Even though I feel this particular scare might be nothing, it doesn't hurt to have a few bags of rice, lots of water and a camping stove to hand.. just in case.

Now the question is, is who here believes this is happening and has made preparations?

throw in a rifle and few hundred rounds whitewind and your good to go

radiated men will eat the flesh of radiated men..

throw in a rifle and few hundred rounds whitewind and your good to go

Not a bad idea, but if things get bad enough for me to need a rifle then I'm pretty well fucked.

However, a few esoteric items to trade with and I might be a useful man to have around...

• Like 1

Not a bad idea, but if things get bad enough for me to need a rifle then I'm pretty well fucked.

However, a few esoteric items to trade with and I might be a useful man to have around...

bows, arrows

people with guns let their guards down, they think they have the upper hand.

use their complacency against them.

• Like 1

MERCURY POISONING IS THE NEW BLACK!

Slingshots! You can hide them easy too