The Corroboree
RyanVolle

What's a perfect garden?

this is just some random post you know... bored person

even so, let's share what we think about a perfect garden. how does it look like? or is it the way it is prepared?

just post 'em

my idea of a perfect garden is big lush green and always nice to look at

For me it would be a garden that gave you the impression of how the garden of eden would look like, along with lots of light and space.

It should feel big, but still private.

Very Old healthy and visually perfect trees, not to many for that may spoil the feeling of the importance of a old tree - which it has, and you will feel it when you walk into the garden.

There should also be a "smörgårdsbord" of various bio types for humans to chill out in.

Not to much color, and flowers but the ones there is must be a mix of simple ones and the ones that have so much detail you can look at one for minutes.

The air in the garden must also be super super fresh, like mountain air freshness, but still with the warmth and dampness of the sun and a not to noisy pond!

I could go on and on, man o man in my head it's gorgeous alright!

Edited by Fluss
  • Like 1

my perfect garden would be full of marijuana, opium, salvia divinorum, peyote and hops.

And a bird bath with a little stone boy peeing water

• Like 5

I can't be bothered saying mine right now but according to the city of Perth it's annuals and lots and lots of turf :(

• Like 1

i'm in the tropics i can't make my cacti flower <.> *sadsadsad*

For me, the perfect garden would be one that looks like the forest / jungle, with heaps of trees, shrubs ,ground covers, butterfly attracting nectar rich flowers, lots of ehtnos, fungi, fruit and vegetables.

But for now I would be happy to have a portion of garden that is filled with bamboo , a water fall ,a Buddha and a hammock.

:)

• Like 2

My perfect garden has a pair of full and slightly saggy breasts, a chubby belly and a round bottom. She has hair all over the joint and doesn't shower much at all. She dresses wonderfully, bizarrely.

She laughs easily and cries when she's in love.

She loves animals and children, is an impassioned feminist and will lovingly boss her man around.

She's a poet and a priest.

A farmer and an artist.

She has a lot of energy, but can sit around and do nothing all day on the understanding that one never just does nothing; there's always sleep and talk and laughter and lovin'...

I love gardening.

• Like 4

:) I will let the pics do the talking

post-4489-0-46883200-1334213618_thumb.jppost-4489-0-75879600-1334213036_thumb.jppost-4489-0-94086300-1334213704_thumb.jppost-4489-0-52286900-1334213337_thumb.jppost-4489-0-81652800-1334213057_thumb.jp

Cheers

Got

Edited to say this isn't my garden but it is my parents :lol:

post-4489-0-75879600-1334213036_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-81652800-1334213057_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-52286900-1334213337_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-46883200-1334213618_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-94086300-1334213704_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-75879600-1334213036_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-81652800-1334213057_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-52286900-1334213337_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-46883200-1334213618_thumb.jpg

post-4489-0-94086300-1334213704_thumb.jpg

Edited by GoOnThen
  • Like 6

Holy shit! GoOn is that your yard man?

No I wish it was my garden but I do get to walk around it a fair bit as it is my parents :)

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

It looks sweet! I hope ya dont mind, ive saved some pictures for a bit of a blue print for when i get a chance to do something like that, looks like a paradise. It looks like it goes on for dayys, alot of work been done man, how amazing!

i imagine it would be a mix of psylodread's, goon thens, and this one,

but most important well away from the city and traffic

:) I will let the pics do the talking

Cheers

Got

Now That's what i am talking about !!

• Like 1

I think a perfect garden is whatever the gardener is happy with.

I myself like symmetry.

My perfect garden would be split up- ornamental, bird and butterfly attracting native, entheogenic and

Medicinal, edible (fruit trees, veg garden, berries etc) I would put a big emphasis on nice smelling flowers, beautiful smelling plants is one of my favourite things.

• Like 1

GOT, I hope you don't mind me saying this but I want to inveigle my way into your parent's lives and their will, then kill them and any other heirs (this inlcudes you) so I can inherit that garden where I will live like a god.

Edited by chilli
  • Like 2

The sad thing about this garden is they are going to sell the property in the next few months as it is now to big for them to look after.

My parents are looking for a new property and so they will start a new garden again but on a smaller scale. The property in the pics is 1 acre and they are looking for a half or quarter acre property. As much as it is sad for them to leave this garden they are looking forward to planting out a new one. My mum is the happiest when she is planting new plants and trees. She also uses her age to convince my dad that she needs to buy more mature trees so she will get to see them in there prime. :)

Cheers

Got

i like a garden that's very very varieted (is that what u call that?) a garden that has so many plants

like succulents on one side, flowers on the other, herbs at the back, etc. etc. i like a bonsai garden too

HEY has anyone tried tri-lateral (i made that up myself) symmetry for a grden? that would be sooooooooo cool

I love roses, and I love cacti. However I would never design a garden that has both in my field of vision at one time. Actually I'm never going to design again. I think I will start from a point and work from there.

Have a section got veggies/ herbs/ fruit then get creative from there. Though I have seen some amazing decorative veggie gardens/ orchards.

I think get ur hands in the dirt and let your imagination/creativity instincts run wild. I hope to live to be a crazy bearded old man in a shack with the most amazing enchanted garden.

I like the use of stone and statues/ ornaments/ chimes in gardens as well. Gnomes are a necessity !

Screw watering and screw weeding (as much as possible) so good applicable mulches and eliminate ise of wussy water craving vars.

I love my bulbs so daffys, hyacinths and tulips must be in there somewhere. A good mandarin and lemon tree as well.

End of daydream.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2

I love roses, and I love cacti. However I would never design a garden that has both in my field of vision at one time. Actually I'm never going to design again. I think I will start from a point and work from there.

Have a section got veggies/ herbs/ fruit then get creative from there. Though I have seen some amazing decorative veggie gardens/ orchards.

I think get ur hands in the dirt and let your imagination/creativity instincts run wild. I hope to live to be a crazy bearded old man in a shack with the most amazing enchanted garden.

I like the use of stone and statues/ ornaments/ chimes in gardens as well. Gnomes are a necessity !

Screw watering and screw weeding (as much as possible) so good applicable mulches and eliminate ise of wussy water craving vars.

I love my bulbs so daffys, hyacinths and tulips must be in there somewhere. A good mandarin and lemon tree as well.

End of daydream.

No no no dude you still have to design puhlease for your garden (and for me or us). I started as a rookie designer but I got the little "hang" of it eventually... then post your pics here if you could please? *please face*

i think a perfect garden would be the one that effectively pleases its owner the most :)

now for the non-technical answer, the perfect garden would have a place for relaxation, a place for inspiration, a place for admiration and a place for copulation.

• Like 1

The sad thing about this garden is they are going to sell the property in the next few months as it is now to big for them to look after.

My parents are looking for a new property and so they will start a new garden again but on a smaller scale. The property in the pics is 1 acre and they are looking for a half or quarter acre property. As much as it is sad for them to leave this garden they are looking forward to planting out a new one. My mum is the happiest when she is planting new plants and trees. She also uses her age to convince my dad that she needs to buy more mature trees so she will get to see them in there prime. :)

Cheers

Got

You should offer to take over 3/4 of the property and pay them rent. You can pay for the rent by growing and selling ethnobotanical plants which will also help to fund a new book which you will write on rainy days as you sit musing in the garden shed, puffing on a smoky pipe. Then you will be assured to inherit the beautiful property at some point in the distant future as you retire early in a state of contented bliss.

• Like 2