The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ace1928

Why is the world so fucked up right now?

people ask me why I want to study a discipline where there are few jobs.makes me want to cry at times.i have no interest in studying the illogical human systems such as law or commerce.they make me feel unwell.the human species is so unusual I almost believe in alien intervention concept.......almost

You guys are full of gems of wisdom. Happy I posted this honestly

And nut i totally totally agree with what you say there. How could you possibly be happy studying a flawed system and then work in that system your whole life? Fuck that
I'm not doing my study for a job at all. I'm doing it purely for the networking and for the information. I do not desire to continue the rat race that everyone else does so fuck it. LIke bullit has said.
Who chains us? We do.

I will make a community in the future. It will be good. It will work. Or I will die trying in which case I will die happy.

Cheers guys

you have to be crazy yet intelligent to believer you can change the world

name some reasons why you should

define some morals to live by
find some friends who will support them
teach the ones who will listen

raise hell til its heaven

everything is very fucked up at this point in the cycle of human consciousness and evolution... i feel that we, the collective humanity, are on the cusp of transformation. this period currently is so low but i have hope. more and more people are waking up and saying NO to the way our society is run.

we must all live by example, and live by the values we believe in..

there is no point in talking about environmental degradation and loss of species and biodiversity and yet not doing anything in your power to change something. the biggest cause of environmental damage is no other than the MEAT AND DAIRY INDUSTRIES! the habitat loss due to the growing of crops (to feed meat animals) is huge. the emissions created from the global animal industries amounts to more than ALL forms of transport combined, GLOBALLY! meat production is also draining our water supplies, as it takes exuberant amounts of water to produce meat than it does to produce vegetables (due to the growing of crops for the animals to eat).

this selfishness, lack of compassion, gluttony, and complete disregard for the earth and its creatures is only one of the ways that humanity is destroying itself. its all horrible but i feel like if you can do things in your life to create positive change then that is something. so if you care about the earth, go vegan and educate others!

my dream is a vegan permaculture community :) one day

no hope here...nz elections demonstrated like Oz what mind state the masses inhabit.

veganism is certainly the way to go......& if you can avoid using fossil fuels...& grow as much as you can...both for your health & security & the planets.........

Why is the world so fucked up right now?

humans

Why and how can the shit that is going on keep going on?

humans

Is the world retarded?

no. just asleep.

I can't deal with it.

deal with it you must.

People are so fucking focused on the most trivial fucking things when there is so much shit going on in the world.

this has me thinking lately, there is a tacit assumption amongst westerners as a whole, i think, that the system within which we live is "the way it has to be". that capitalism is the best and only way to run a society and any deviation from that is destructive. i don't say this as a result of media, but as a result of observation. everywhere there's people buying stupid, useless shit. why? because there's the feeling that "things" equals success, or at least the money to acquire "things" is a signifier of success.

Why the fuck are peoples priorities so far out of whack? Are people really that stupid? Is it really possible?

priorities? why are your priorities any more important than those of the person next to you?

Is there anything we can do to help?

help? with what? what do you want to change?

Is there any way we can change it?

see above

The worlds fucked. It's getting worse

this is a matter of opinion. historically, as I am led to believe, the world currently is in a period of relative peace.

Yet it doesn't seem to be happening fast enough.

i don't get this? fast enough for what? what do you think will happen? some sort of utopia where everyone acts as you wish? why are your beliefs or desires any more valid than the next persons?

I didn't get a quote :blink::wacko::BANGHEAD2: I feel like I wanna smoke a wombat

I didn't get a quote :blink::wacko::BANGHEAD2: I feel like I wanna smoke a wombat

there you go.

I love the insanity of economics.a systems of perpetual growth.if one looks at any systems of such growth in nature one thing occurs.i don't need to spell out what the end result is.are the finest minds in commerce and economics all wealth kamikaze pilots...as such.can someone please explain......please

I love the insanity of economics.a systems of perpetual growth.if one looks at any systems of such growth in nature one thing occurs.i don't need to spell out what the end result is.are the finest minds in commerce and economics all wealth kamikaze pilots...as such.can someone please explain......please...or is it we die soon so let's live like gods if we can and screw the world

How credible are the sources for the information within that document?

Who cares how credible, it's more theoretical i would think, i don't agree with all of it but at the core is a message that the 'people have been usurped' and have been made slaves to a non reality, removed from nature. It gives atheme which is very beleivable, but it also lays blame whether at the right party or not is debatable, but definitely possible, i just found out it is a series of three, the third yet to be completed..

If anyonehas a link to an epub of book 2 would be very appreciated, pdf is available but not good reading on a reader...

I don't think "the Wise" get a looking...re influencing world/state political/economics.........Media & culture create an illusion that someone's or some ideology is in charge...ie your pm actually knows what he/she is doing.......its almost an infantile perception of the world really...like father xmas has a naughty & nice list .....where/when has life/society ever been that way?

Not that I have the answer or a clue to what & why "the world so fucked up"...its not a new situation....You can spend months watching all the utubes....everyone has the answer from gods/aliens/galactic rotation/Free masons/demons/banksters..I am sure the truth is out there....its extraordinary how many authorities seem to have access to some secret knowledge that they will gladly share with you for the price of your time & faith.....believe brother believe.....so many belief's to choose from.

I think its just normal chaos & entropy.....apes struggling to gain & maintain power............too busy fighting for their power/economic survival to see they are destroying the prize....

Episode 662

"In the second half, Max interviews John Perkins, author of Confessions of an Economic Hitman, about “peak bankster.” They also discuss IMF debt swiftly following on coups around the world."

Rt guest sums it up well...10min's

We're fortunate that we live in Australia - we have it much better than most of the world's huge population who have the misfortune to live in poverty and squalor in the " developing " countries .

But , few would argue that the planet is not a mess - over populated , polluted , and with countless seemingly impossible to fix problems . And getting worse , not better , as time progresses .

Seems to me that electricity is one of the major culprits - with the advent of electricity everything exploded : technology , industry , populations , pollution , etc , etc ....

Electricity brought about higher living standards for many of the more fortunate ; but sometimes I wonder if it is not a monster out of control - insatiable and unsustainable . Sure , we are making token efforts to meet the demands for clean , sustainable energy .... but can it ever be enough to power our cities , infrastructure , and industries of the future ?

With electricity I fear we have created a trap for ourselves from which we will be unable to escape ....

A lot of this has probably already been said mate, but as somebody who spends the vast majority of their time and energy on trying to "unfuck" the world through activism, I know this brain-pickle well.

At the end of the day what keeps me optimistic is pragmatism, hope. Yes, things are pretty darn fucked up in a multitude of different ways. But you really have to ask, what good is despair going to do for you, or anybody, or the world? None...no good at all, it's just a waste of your time and energy.

Realize that what's happening in the world is not your own personal fault - while you really can make change happen, it's important not to take the world on your shoulders. And moreover, you have to keep in mind that things are never hopeless. Fortune favours the bold, and we can very much still turn this ship around...but you can't help to do that if you're busy insisting that it can't be done. It can, and it will, or at the very least I'm going to give it one hell of a fight. How bout you?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

- Margaret Mead

I'd also recommend extending a bit more compassion and empathy to these people you see as being stupid and ignorant of the world's problems. Some people just don't have the psychological resources to be concerned about things grander than the immediate struggles and demands of their daily existence...and you have to keep in mind that the big issues we face can be some pretty scary shit that many people just aren't ready to deal with in the way an activist is. Try not to begrudge that of them - they're only human. See how you can engage with them in other constructive ways - there are many.

And to prevent burning out, sometime you just have to say fuck it, and BECOME one of those ignorant people for a while. You still deserve to have a normal and happy life, and sometime you've just gotta forget about everything else but that to make things work.

If you need advice at any point feel free to shoot me a PM. Other than that - on your feet soldier!

The Sun is crossing the galactic equator. Its the end and beginning of a long Sun cycle. This causes what I believe to be some sort of feedback loop with the center of the galaxy which makes lies more obvious and the truth to be exposed. The elite have known this time was coming and so are desperately attempting to keep us in the realm of the five senses, preventing us from a spiritual evolutionary leap.

They already took over (most of) the world, they are just trying to keep their power and make it a permanent thing.

Its all good though because these 'people' are not more powerful than the Sun etc (obviously), and this is a battle they will lose. Its a pity we have to go through this shit first though.

That is just my understanding of it.

Peace.

P.S. I have a PhD in astrophysics so bite my shinny metal ass.

well I for one am glad that an individual is not more powerful than the sun,

that would be quite confronting, to say the least

Half of land vertebrates (as in specimens, eg herd numbers), not half of all species.

://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MGmjvqbdfrE

97 year old man gets explicit about how fucked up we have made the world..

97 year old man gets explicit about how fucked up we have made the world..

Not durian rider!

Not durian rider!

I didn't realise Durianrider was an oz icon. never heard of the guy before....I take it you don't care for the guy.. :) still the old guy isn't.....DR kinda hijacked the old guys spill...placing himself before & after.........

"Durianrider's Blog | Not even 5 lawsuits have shut this blog"

"About Durianrider | Durianrider's Blog

Born and raised in Australia, Durianrider is now an international speaker, activist and athlete on a mission to increase public awareness of the benefits of a high carb, low fat raw/vegan lifestyle."

I didn't realise Durianrider was an oz icon. never heard of the guy before....I take it you don't care for the guy.. :) still the old guy isn't.....DR kinda hijacked the old guys spill...placing himself before & after.........

"Durianrider's Blog | Not even 5 lawsuits have shut this blog"

"About Durianrider | Durianrider's Blog

Born and raised in Australia, Durianrider is now an international speaker, activist and athlete on a mission to increase public awareness of the benefits of a high carb, low fat raw/vegan lifestyle."

he has a kind of "angry vegan crusader" charisma and i can see how people are drawn to it, but his arguments are emotionally driven and as a fruitarian or vegan he draws a conclusion first and then builds towards it second. my diet/lifestyle champion is mark sisson, somebody with IMHO a sound, adaptable, rational approach with recommendations that fly in the face of conventional wisdom (the food pyramid).

i might as well use that as a launchpad to my current issue with the world.

science. i think the institutions of science are more corrupted than people realise or would like to think. take the case of the computer software that authored jibberish papers by pulling bits and pieces from the internet. 120 of them were published by so-called reputable scientific journals then subsequently withdrawn. agree with scientific orthodoxy and you don't even have to be coherent. disagree with it and put your career in jeopardy. i'm finding more examples of dissenting scientists the more i look, but i'm supposed to believe they are fruitcakes, nutjobs, crackpots. instead i find their positions very agreeable.

if we can't rely on science to be scientific then the world is truly so fucked up right now.

The video killed the radio star... the dvd killed the video star... and the mp3 compression killed music alltogether.

Fuck mp3 compression!!!