The Corroboree

ok I had a lot of fun recycling car radio aerials a few years back

{seem to find them at the sides of roads fkn everywhere round here for some reason}

and those stupid fishing poles we have over here in Europe with no reel

{elastic in the tip type shit}

into something far more fun :D

[found my old blow pipe n darts] : 3

even if not so useful in a built up areas :innocent_n: [further than mini dartboard games indoors with extreme caution of the richochet shots : ] :devil:

it's still something a little tribal, fun to do ....

and a good base for arrow poisons from shamanic plants and the like

which i practice when I'm asleep in my dreams sometimes or in the past when felt my family threatened - lol

Has anybody else had fun making things like blow darts or olde tribal style weapons ?

or got any inspirational delights or pics to share on the matter?

or cool home made hunting weapons or crafts in connection with hunting

(perhaps decorating them too)

I had a piece of yew i was curing for two years for a long bow but eventually it cracked and I gave up for a few years... might go hunting a nice piece again soon ...

also made my own ninja sticks once ... , was hard to recreate good nunchucks tho...

anyhoo here's me carbon darter for nowpost-14443-0-53991800-1440687105_thumb.j

and ze arrowspost-14443-0-54798500-1440687129_thumb.j

2015-08-27 15.26.38.jpg

2015-08-27 15.26.29.jpg

2015-08-27 15.26.38.jpg

2015-08-27 15.26.29.jpg

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 3

My mates an I used to make blow darts out of a length of 25mm conduit and a tightly wrapped cone of paper tapped up and a crochet needle pierced through it. I done know if you know of glove guns, it's a length of 20 or 25mm conduit with the finger of a latex washing up glove tapped to it. Also dabbled in nunchucks, one of which came apart when my cousin was using it, luckily I had good reflexes and I ducked. It put a bloody great big hole in the wall though. Tried making throwing stars win no success. My favourite was bolt bombs, take 2 bolts of the same size and a nut to suit. Scrape the heads off a bunch of matches and compress them between the two bolts and nut, throw it in the air and hide behind something. Oh the joys of a misspent youth.

• Like 1

paper ones might be more fun and you'd get more lives and therefore tries but watch out for ya eyes guys they come keen by surprise

post-14443-0-84659900-1440690742_thumb.jpost-14443-0-59339200-1440690747_thumb.j

oh yeah rubber finger glove taped to a tube at school in my day was called a "johnny gun" lol

remember em well , was easy to get revenge using a laggy band over the thumb and finger with half a snapped paper clip as the ammo catapulted and they seemed to lay off shooting me after that lol

and holy heck i loved the sound of the bolt ones , i recall a mate telling me about them back at school but never got a hands on attem ... awesome stuffs mate! x]

2015-08-27 16.52.16.jpg

2015-08-27 16.52.22.jpg

2015-08-27 16.52.16.jpg

2015-08-27 16.52.22.jpg

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

I make weapons of peace, preventative warfare.

• Like 3

Not to flash.......... I got a 600mm machette under my car seat.

been slicing up so much cactus of late that it's kinda found a home there.

I must remove it as it would not be a good look if we are pulled over by the constabulary.

also having such a blade at hand during a road rage incident would not be advantageous.

Though slice is nice. :)

• Like 2

the vigoorian flail and kusarigama from ninja gaiden look tasty ..

i wonder if the flail too much of a fantasy weapon to be recreatable in real life..

group_c_07.jpg

kusari_gama___weapon_check_by_protocolx2

Does a Nepalese kukri count as 'shamanic'? :)

• Like 1

I used to have a large chunk of copper pyrite that was given to me still warm from kilometres under the earth's surface on my birthday after taking some very very good lysergio. I kept that rock as a shamanism weapon for years, but gave it to someone that needed it more than me.

Edited by Glaukus
  • Like 4

What does it need to qualify as a shamanic weapon ?

I started making a Indian mace (Gada) today, but I haven't seen too many of them in the backround at aya ceremonies.

• Like 2

These days I prefer to make objects of peace.

A sparrow from an obtusifolia branch that was particularly good to me.

post-14605-0-27833000-1440757918_thumb.j

post-14605-0-27833000-1440757918_thumb.jpg

post-14605-0-27833000-1440757918_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Nice carving Glaukus!

And lol about the rocks, so many times...

Once we went a-trippin' along a creek, stopped on a little pebble beach to make some tea & while it brewed I wandered off searching for a cool commemorative rock... my friends had to come looking for me & they found me standing waistdeep in the middle of the creek with hands full of rocks, looking around wildly... when they asked what was happening I said "I went to find a cool rock, but shit, look around... they're ALL cool rocks!"... the nice people rescued me and gave me some tea & I found a cool piece of driftwood instead. :lol:

• Like 7

Haha

I remember when I was a kid we made little guns out of these

post-16958-0-64995700-1440786549_thumb.j

We'd take the spring out and put it into one of these

post-16958-0-13723900-1440786619_thumb.j

Jam the end cap back in and you'd get a few second delay before it fired across the room with great speed. Good times lol.

A product of a wild and untamed mind.

post-16958-0-64995700-1440786549_thumb.jpg

post-16958-0-13723900-1440786619_thumb.jpg

post-16958-0-64995700-1440786549_thumb.jpg

post-16958-0-13723900-1440786619_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I get a warm and fuzzy 'the power of nature' feeling whenever I hold this blade. :)

post-13452-0-28341900-1440791436_thumb.j

post-13452-0-28341900-1440791436_thumb.jpg

post-13452-0-28341900-1440791436_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Haha

I remember when I was a kid we made little guns out of these

attachicon.gif0285710-2.jpg

We'd take the spring out and put it into one of these

attachicon.gifunnamed (1).jpg

Jam the end cap back in and you'd get a few second delay before it fired across the room with great speed. Good times lol.

A product of a wild and untamed mind.

One of the kids I sat next to in science used to make those.

He would harpoon fish in the fishtank and then bring them over to the bench & electrocute them with the transformers we were using for electrical experiments.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

had fun at school with making mini cannons - very mini!

using the popper part from a party popper and a small brass tube and fireing match sticks n stuff

even carved tiny carrages and put wheels on em

also pen guns out of a pen rubber band and stickytape. dam those thngs can go right deep through clothes then skin - look out

'shamanic'??? not realy but fun for schoolboys

Edited by alfamiller

These can be thrown at people if they have ill intent and need be. Otherwise they are entirely peaceful.

post-8023-0-60159000-1440820866_thumb.jp

And here's some other tools of use, not for attack but just defence. Again. Preventatives.

The fan/wand is made out of totara, with pointy end, could hurt eyes. Tucked in at the back is an agave spine and hematite.

Pendulum - pretty self explanatory.

The rest are "holders", they act like little outposts of particular intention around the house. Signals to self and others.

Greenstone. More greenstone. Jasper. Ameythst. Fluorite.

Gold lions are lucky for me. I now have two. One Asian, one lionking type.

And moons are peace keepers.

post-8023-0-43495300-1440821033_thumb.jp

The engraved bullet casing is a shed-bad-vibes charm. Begins atopped with a piece of black kyanite - protective, reflective. Inside is housed a tektite - space rock. Buffered by small quartz, 3 small citrine, 1 small amethyst for easing off a bit.

post-8023-0-26270600-1440821252_thumb.jp

Just little things that make me feel safer. My mind to inhabit, if it helps me, so be it.

But yeah. These guys are the best guardians. That blue!

post-8023-0-55516000-1440821406_thumb.jp

Think I could also call the geese a shamanic weapon. They are a symbol of protection, and live up to their title..making one hell of a racket when someone unknown steps onto the property. Geese are an acquired taste but I've come to appreciate them.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Nah they will eat baddies. Or at least hiss and charge at them.

• Like 1

in acient china HUGE flocks of geese were kept on royal grounds for this reason.

the tales tell of invading troops being swaped by hundreds of geese and that slowed them so much that the local po po could then rally a team to go chat (kill) with them

• Like 1

there is a lake near by where i live, geese there are rather aggressive they often bite(or try to) us while were fishing, but there are only abous 10 so its not "run away home" kinda stuff

lol at throwing cactus at people x] x]] x]

geese sounds cool , i thnk we only have canada geese over here and theyre a bit argy bargy but still poss to stride through an entire 1.5 mile embankment full of em .. maybe the canadian ones are a bit softer going ?

sounds like a cool guardian weapon , and mmm with ancient chinese value added too :wub: