The Corroboree
rigger

Legal prescription drugs bali

Hey Guys,

Off to Bali later in the year and found out most medication is available without prescription. I love travel but this is a going to be a mostly relaxing at the resort holiday as working 7 days a week for 3 years takes a bit of the will to adventure out of you!.... Plenty of time for that later on.

So my question is what could I get over there to optimize my time in bali? Considering there would be a bit of drinking involved I would love to get some stimulants so I don't have to suffer with a hangover and can do things I want the next day. Obviously illegal drugs aren't a great idea so was looking for suggestions because other than modafinil, duromine, temazepan I really don't do much of this stuff and have no idea what could enhance my time there.

Btw I know a holiday will be great regardless but I want to live these 2 weeks to the max and want all the help I can get!

Thanks!

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

The ideal solution is don't over drink :wink:

Also I will say my personal favorite thing for when I used to drink which I would kill a 26 oz bottle before going to drink more.

I would drink a coffee or energy drink and a homemade juice (usually orange juice) with salt added to it immediately before bed. I have never had a hangover. That being said I didn't drink often. I only drank once a month or so but these days I no longer drink due to an illness.

Edited by doxneed2c-me
  • Like 1

Thanks, although not only just for recovery I mean anything to enhance relaxation, stimulation or anything! gotta make use of the local benefits!

Im sort of an all in or all out kind of person so moderation isn't really an option! don't get me wrong im not going to be a pissed dickhead but I would like to maintain a steady state of controlled drunkenness for several hours most afternoon/nights. Caffeine is decent for recovery but I use it to workout so my tolerance is too high to expect much from it.

btw, the best (legal) cure for a hangover is to be in your 20's and drink regularly. Unfortunately neither apply to me anymore :(

Edited by rigger

Magic mushies FTW

I saw signs up advertising them when I was over in 2012.

• Like 1

maybe ritalin/concerta if its legal to get? opiates can be stimulating for some.

just dont drink heaps of booze and dont mix too many things @ once. valiums half-life can catch some people unaware.

also people can spike your drink and take things you dont want taken, also good to be safe then sorrry.

i havent travelled to bali but in India you had to watch yourself n not be stupid like flashing money around.

i didnt have awatch phone dressed pretty poor which was easy as i am and was back then, and stay out of touristy areas as they have the most thieves and con artist

Bali is meant to be kinda safe best is to talk to the backpackers over there and get current info on places where to go eat shop and party, good to hang out with a couple of experienced travelers aswell.

Get your haggle on and have a blast!

• Like 1

Hey great suggestions thanks! I completely forgot about Ritalin/concerta ! I was just focusing on desoxyn which seems unavailable. Oh yeah noticed the mushies too, that one wasn't going to slip by me :wink: will definitely look into some opiates for relaxing on the beach.

I have done a fair bit of travel but cheers for the safety tips. I am pretty streetwise and also dress pretty poor because my fashion sense is limited to the $20 and under section at Kmart! I always keep most of my cash in the zipped pocket of my wallet to avoid fumbling through and flashing notes when drunk at bars etc.

Yeah will be great, even more so with the suggestions!

The fact that you can acquire all these substances with ease, does not make them legal.

From what i gathered last time i was in Bali was that a script is forged for each purchase of things like Valium and dex.

• Like 2

Methylphenidate with alcohol is not a great idea but to each their own.

why?

I think it smoothes out the rough edges?

• Like 1

Cool, but if you wanted to forge a script you could just do it anywhere provided you used the proper forms and abbreviations used by doctors.

I would imagine it would depend on the pharmacy and the look of the person ordering. If you look like a junkie in a well run pharmacy it may not work. If you are presentable, well spoken and relaxed you might be ok. Some pharmacies over there would probably care more about your money than the how genuine you seem.

As for alcohol and methylphenidate I don't see too much of a problem unless you have liver problems. Some people drink too much but I have always found that you are more sensible with a good stimulant and large doses on alcohol than just a large dose of alcohol. Sure you can still be a dickhead but your less likely to fight, vandalize or do really dumb stuff pure drunkenness can cause.

Edited by rigger

yeah its a myth. they are not over the counter, nearly nothing is!

BUT its easy-ish to get bypass this, just see a doc over there and pay them.

you can't just get valium over the counter... its a myth.

• Like 1

What perpetuates this myth is that people have no idea that they are paying a bribe when they ask the chemist for Valium etc.

The chemist sells substance A without a script and then bribes a doctor to forge a script for substance A.

If you want Dodgy stuff over the counter try SE Asia. Thailand, Cambodia and Laos seem to have very lax laws about prescriptions. Someone who i was traveling with in Laos was once given Valium from a Banana retailer/Pharmacy to treat a headache.

But if your in Indo and you don't have a script, your breaking the law.

dont touch the shroom shakes unless you want to wake up naked in a cold cell having no memory of the last 28 hours (because those shrooms werent what you thought they were)

same thing in india sometimes spiked with tropanes and who knows what else spppoky

Disappointing about shroom shakes. I was looking forward to one on the beach. Maybe Ill just scope out people buying them, ask where they are staying and see if they are cool with me checking up on them next day. I also don't mind paying a bribe or two. pretty cool in a country where $10 can make some peoples day! not like in Australia where if I only have $2 for the pizza deliverer I feel like a pick!

Yeah I know Thailand, Amsterdam, Mexico and Columbia are the places you want to go for drugs. I had a mate getting good coke in Columbia for $10 us a G! but that's not really the intention of my holiday this time. I just want to kick back, but if I could get my hands on something nice im not going to say no. I probably didn't need to clear that last bit up!

Just FYI, were not meant to be talking about breaking the law on this forum :innocent_n:

The shrooms on the other hand are perfectly legal in Indo. If you know what your looking at, its not hard to ID the shrooms being sold. I only saw 1 vendor with suspect looking shrooms.

Also of note, it is illegal under Australian Law to bribe a foreign official (regardless of what country your in). Just keep that in mind

Edited by Foo
  • Like 1

yeah definitely not interested in breaking the law over there! Pretty stupid (Australian) law though considering how necessary it is in a lot of potential situations. Thanks for Mushroom advice, I guess I just have to watch for anything premixed like a shake. After reading they might be unsafe I didn't know if they soak them in some shit before selling dried also.

Didnt see any dry.

All vendors seem to keep them in the fridge and most have options for consumption. Shake, fresh, pizza etc

Edited by Foo

hey rigger :) lucky you eh....holiday and an all....although it sounds like you are due for one eh buddy.

Look, don't do anything slack to ruin your holiday. it's not uncommon for dudes to be taking your money, then lagging on you to authorities-which then they might get another payment from to dob you in.

it happens mate - sounds like you are going there to relax.

My advice is -if staying in a hotel- is to chill for a day or so -unwind matey and some worker within the hotel will show their true colours and might , quite,possibly? perhaps become your guide . Now how you pay them or what they want in return is kinda like a game but be assured stay cool. don't push nothing .

Last time we we're in Fiji it took a couple of days of being nice to one particular bell hop who eventually was awesome in every way. it cost us a feed for his village and a few buckshish for his troubles and we had what ever we needed to chillax in such a tropical paradise. don't ruin it by being too over eager styraight away believe me, it will find you .

have a great holiday and show us you snaps buddy.

cheers

• Like 2

extremely good post above, very wise and accurate advice

I agree, thanks for the interest and advice. Yes, it's not a country to actively seek anything. Like you say if there is an option for some extra experiences it will become apparent just by having a good time and enjoying chatting to locals without expectations. I'll try to get some decent picks while im there. hopefully some which are of interest to people and not just random things I found amusing at the time like a sign that seems to say a dirty word or a bird I see drinking out of a beer can etc. :wink:

Hmm, reminds me of my younger years when I was living in India as a teenager.

I lived on what was locally called 'medicine street' which was a long street with a pharmacy or doctors office every other shop, the whole way down.
So maybe 50 pharmacies along a stretch of a couple of Km's and they were more than willing to help me out with anything I wanted besides the really heavy stuff, for that I needed a doctors visit and a 'prescription'.

White people, particularly ones like myself were a bit of a rarity in the area so If I went to a doctor word would have gotten around and back to the people I was living with so that was a no go.

Instead I went to the bookstore and bough a prescription medicines guide and a highlighter and went to town :)

• Like 1

In bali cant get anything exciting OTC, some pharmacy will sell you tramadol some times not, benzos definately not available OTC but sometimes you find pharmacys that wil sell you some valium (for me once in about 8 trips) but mostly not. Mushrooms are very strong over there, be careful. I couldnt find any stimulants..