The Corroboree

So peoples, I have found out my cat has FIV. She was going down hill, and fast when i got the blood test done to find out. I didnt feel like paying a fortune for toxic meds i dont agree with and decided to take matters into my own hands. Having cured several problems that still "cant be healed" LOL. I took to the net and found a treatment to start with, just to slow progression. I perfomed low-temp reflux for 1 1/2 hours on 25g cats claw root (tomentosa), 25g echinacea root, 12.5g olive leaf and then reduced the volume to about 50ml. Added a few drops conc. ethanol to stop any bacteria etc.

Works out about 175mg total per drop (have not done maths and label yet so might not be right) gave 2 drops each morning for 2 weeks, then 1 drop per morning. treatment has gone for almost 1 month now. She has changed, allot =) She has lost her scabby skin, coat looking awesome, personality has returned to normal and she had "bumps" on her side just where her rib-cage ends. The bumps didnt go away untill i decided to give her moringa leaf each day too (only in last week).

So, in short, she is doing REALLY well, however i want more! I went to mt cootha other week after asking nature (dont ask) to provide me with a cure for her "bumps" (pre-moringa) possible abdominal tumors related to FIV. Was walking along an edge of the park, trying to get a feeling for where to enter the bush. At this time, i was pulled / drawn in the way i always am when i ask for stuff of nature and taken right to a plant. i looked at it and was curious right away. this plant i had not seen before, took a small branch with flower's (lucky) to ID and so far am sure it is albizia lebbec. A plant, that supprise supprise, is used to stop abdominal tumors (i no longer get wowed out by this common event). I get a feeling though that this plant might rid her of FIV all together.

Does anyone have any info that might help me with this treatment for my ever-so-dear friend and companion? Has anyone here worked with albizia lebbec on people or animals? Does anyone have any info that might help me to help her? I'm interested to get a japanese muchroom print for a mushroom called meishi or some such and will pay for such if i can find it. Thanks very much.

post-10276-0-70577400-1420465131_thumb.j

post-10276-0-41646800-1420465166_thumb.j

post-10276-0-70577400-1420465131_thumb.jpg

post-10276-0-41646800-1420465166_thumb.jpg

post-10276-0-70577400-1420465131_thumb.jpg

post-10276-0-41646800-1420465166_thumb.jpg

Edited by ghosty
  • Like 2

maybe reishi was the mushroom?

I really wish i could help more than on just the reishi guess, seems like your'e more clued up on fiv than I am

I will be hunting away like a madman though for any useful info/help I can find in the meantime..

and will post what I find if I think it might help

:/ *sends you and kitty hugs and further healing wishes/vibes

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

That's awesome! I am REALLY happy your kitty is feeling much better! :D

Very interesting to know about your treatment you gave her :) I hope she makes a full recovery!

• Like 2

Could be the "reishi" (i based this on a vet product (5 mushroom extract) and a paper i came accross once. I've got so much on my plate right now that i have not got into the mushroom side of this yet. I feel there is a protein in there that will help (i think the "cure" will be in protein's). however, i dont tend to work in the typical sense of western medicine, but follow my feelings. Thank you so much for your well wishes, a powerful tool in their own right =) Any further finding and data of future blood tests will be posted here in the hopes that this info may grow to a point where many loved animals can be helped. isnt it such a shame that the most powerful medicine for us is toxic to small cats =( this means i am limited and must put my trust in other more expirienced people in this field. if there is any doubt of the saftey of these plants as they pertain to cats, i stand to fail the first rule of medicine, "first, do no harm". This is by far my greatest challenge to date.

A big thanks must go to our authorities too, for letting me obtain lab-glass gear that makes all this possible for me.

• Like 1

maitake could be another possibility? its scientific name is Grifola frondosa - a stomach cancer shroom , very tasty too, my cat has eaten it before through choice lol

http://www.medicalmushrooms.net/grifola-frondosa-maitake/

grifola-frondosa-maitake.jpg

is sometimes called hen of the woods too

(thrs another bright yellow one called chicken of the woods as well with a similar growth habit)

hmm, that has a feel to it hey =) thank you, i shall look into getting it growing too. if your cats eats it by choice then id say thats a great start! you might just be genius..

another guess at a highly beneficial shroom is cordyceps sinensis - the caterpillar fungus

this one is apparently the most highly sought and is rather pricey , that much so that i still havent got round to affording them yet

i dont know much about this one , and dont know if its ok or not for kittys

I'll try to keep to short links for time conservation and bite-sized info chunks

cordyceps_sinensis.jpg

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-602-cordyceps.aspx?activeingredientid=602&activeingredientname=cordyceps

• Like 1

awww , anything for kittys and those who love them.., just wish i had more for ya

i know jaguars eat ayahuasca lol theres a vid on youtube of them doing it

, just dnno how much help that would actually be to you and your kitty

i dnno how safe aya/syrian rue would be to a little kitty either... maybe someone here with some deeper expertise might chime in with some awesome info

I do know their internal biology is very different to our own though and am reluctant to give mine very much of whatever she is trying that is outside of the diet i am aware of for kittys

• Like 1

thanks! i think you have a good feel for all this. i have never seen anything like that. nice. I'ts true that big cats eat cappi leaf to rid parrasites etc. though this leaf is toxic to small cats I've read. =( I can relate to the concerns with giving new plants to cats and anyone else, they have the power to cure all yes, but also the power to "kill".

• Like 1

always a pleasure

i often wondered if it might be down to all the tyramine in tinned/aged foods but thanks for the info too re: little kittys

I often wondered also if s'rue incense would be useful for ridding external parasites from kittys

re: the shrooms:

i tried to hunt a krillion cancer shrooms for one of my elders while she was dying of chrons and chemo .. so already done some of the immunity shroom species hunter seeking

(theres a nice rare one in korea that seems to be harder to get than 5 minutes alone in a crowd)

unfortunately i was waaaay too late before i even knew and at the end stage she couldnt eat much anyway

so carried on hunting after realising just how hard i could research when it really mattered...

so if i manage to dig any more memories of brief info sources ....or find any more ,

I'll edit them into this post , save any thread clutter , *sends more healing intent*

turkey tail, Tratmetes(or coriolus *) versicolor http://www.mushroomexpert.com/trametes_versicolor.html *-synonym

grows everywhere (on wood) all year but i would get a live culture of it just in case, because so many look like it and its almost a different colour everytime you find it anyway (blue and green ones are very pretty)

http://www.bastyr.edu/news/general-news/2012/11/fda-approves-bastyr-turkey-tail-trial-cancer-patients

another species

• Agaricus blazei (Agaricus brasiliensis) contains beta glucans, a group of polysaccharides (complex sugars) believed responsible for this mushroom's immune-boosting effects. Research has shown that Agaricus has anti-tumor and anti-viral activity, as well as moderating effects on blood sugar and cholesterol. Oncologists in both Japan and Brazil use this mushroom in treatment protocols. It is sold in the U.S. in dried form as well as in extracts.

Andrew Weil, M.D.

taken from http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400323/Mushrooms-Against-Cancer.html

and heres a link about just that mushroom from the same site as the maitake/hen of the woods link

http://www.medicalmushrooms.net/agaricus-blazei/

thanks, this is heaps for me to get my teeth into =) if Japan and Brazil use this mushroom as medicine then thats a good sign, i find these country's to be very smart with plant medicines (including China and India) they dont let unjust dollar based fears get in the way of true research and effective medicine's, thus i feel genius is bound to unfold in such environments.

• Like 1

Be aware of the Agaricus Sp. they contain Agaritine.

All the others are the way to go! :)

• Like 2

i find these country's to be very smart with plant medicines (including China and India) they dont let unjust dollar based fears get in the way of true research and effective medicine's, thus i feel genius is bound to unfold in such environments.

• Like 3

i found this... http://www.blackgiraffe.com/jmight/fiv/homeo.html

its not that big though , here's an excerpt from the end with a lot of the juicy info

- again , I don't know these "protocols" enough to say theyre the thing to do.. but is what i can find..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the best summary I can offer. We have received so much info on this disease during the past year that it isn't possible to list it all. The book I listed above is a fantastic place to start.

Even if your cat isn't showing symptoms yet, the suppliments I mentioned should be started anyway. If you want to take the cautious approach and start giving them the suppliments 1 at a time to see how they do, I would recommend starting with buffered Vitamin C, then Bone Meal, then acidophilus, then garlic.

Buffered Vitamin C: It is important to use a buffered suppliment so you don't irritate the stomach. NOW makes an "Ester-C" in a porder form which is excellent in this regard. As Diane Stein explains in the book, vitamin C boosts the immune system, kills many germs and bacteria, and help to retard the progression of even lethal diseases like cancer and AIDS.

Bone Meal: FIV literally sucks the calcium from the bones of FIV+ cats. Even before they start showing symptoms!!! This eventually makes them become frail (hence the scrawny look so many FIV cats have), and it also weakens their immune system -- big time!!!!!!! Bone Meal is made from crushed cattle bones and has been clinically proven to help even the sickest FIV+ cats recover substantial bone mass and regnerate their immune systems.

Acidophilus: FIV destroys the healthy bacteria normally found in the colon (anit-biotics kill these also!). Without these ctas are only that muc more vulnerable to upper respiratory infections and other problems. Acidophilus suppliments are great for helping to restore the normal bacterial balance. Buy the highest yield acidophilus you can find (powder forms are best) -- the label will usually say soemthing like "5 billion live cultures at the time of packaging."

Garlis: Read Diane Stein!!! Garlic is nothing short of a miracle herb which kills germs, bacteria, and helps the body repel diseases like AIDS & cancer.

GARLIC BAD FOR KITTYS * _-edited- thanks to Cursive's post, Thankyou Cursive

and i will try writing to the author to see why they suggested garlic for kittys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know a lot of folk have cured various ailments in dogs with cannaboil

i found this and it made me think perhaps it would be a fantastic addition to any healing

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Cannabis_oil_is_gathering_an_unstoppable_momentum/40617/0/38/38/Y/M.html

• Like 1

WOAH! Garlic is EXTREMELY TOXIC to cats and dogs!!

The ingestion of Allium species in dogs and cats causes a condition called hemolytic anemia, which is characterized by the bursting of red blood cells circulating through your pet’s body.

PLEASE don't play holistic/alternative veterinarian. THAT suggestion of garlic tells me that you don't have any idea what you're talking about and could have killed his cat.

Peace.

Edited by _Cursive

dang , screw garlic then,

sorry , and nobody was playing anything , i was tryna research as much as i could for someone else to digest at their leisure

perhaps removing the garlic advice would be a good thing to write to the source about , I will give that a go

but yeah if anything at all: im 'playing' "here since nobody else has bothered helping you , I'll see what i can find"

yeah i asked google and it threw this at me straight away

All members of the onion family (shallots, onions, garlic, scallions, etc.) contain compounds that can damage cats' red blood cells if eaten in sufficient quantities. Garlic tends to be more toxic than onions on an ounce-for-ounce basis, and cooking does not destroy the toxin.

so youre right about garlic if its in sufficient quantities, whatever that may be , thanks for that , but not the "play script" lol

i found this... http://www.blackgiraffe.com/jmight/fiv/homeo.html

its not that big though , here's an excerpt from the end with a lot of the juicy info

- again , I don't know these "protocols" enough to say theyre the thing to do.. but is what i can find..

are you sure it was the garlic that told you i didnt have much idea?

PLEASE don't play holistic/alternative veterinarian. THAT suggestion of garlic tells me that you don't have any idea what you're talking about and could have killed his cat.

Peace.

-----------------------------

or did the second post in the thread nail it?

I'm just an ordinary guy like most of you ..... with good intent , i don't profess to be anything else

let alone a vet

plus, I gave links to where I found the info .... although i DO appreciate you correcting the "ripped from the net" garlic post I copied and pasted and theyve been mailed about it

I will add here what they say pending a reply

peace too

• Like 1

I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was merely correcting a potentially serious situation, if administered, to somebody's cat.

The Garlic proposal to a feline alerted me to the lack of research done, as if you had you wouldn't have posted it, right?
ALL veterinarians in my past and present have told me garlic is dangerous to dogs and cats. I haven't just copied and pasted it, I checked multiple sources to verify the info, then copied and pasted it.
- Look the chances of them ACTUALLY eating it on their own, is slim I would say, due to the pungent aroma of the Allium Sp.
The administration of it via an outside source (the owner) would have severe consequences to said animal.

Don't worry, this is not a personal attack :)

Peace! :)

• Like 2

yes i realised after a bit , sorry for mistaking it for such

and youre totally right about the garlic, i still haven't had a reply from the source

at best, theres some good info on it, but does anybody else fancy writing to the author of that garlic post?

perhaps they havent looked at their mail yet , but maybe more voices asking why,.... might help illicit a reply

I'll try to filter anything out more than before in future , which youre also very right about

my bad, i do apologise , and to the thread author for posting

material with an awful suggestion as far as I can see now, reflecting back, and to their kitty

and thank you cursive

bliss wishes

• Like 1

lol i sent them another from a diff addy :innocent_n:

this is what put

Hello I recently came across your article on Feline aids
http://www.blackgiraffe.com/jmight/fiv/homeo.html
A friend has a kitty with FIV and I was desperately hunting for any information i can find and rather gratefully found your page
i linked them to it but another friend highlighted that allium family are very toxic to cats and was worried that your advice that I had passed on was dangerous because of the garlic
Is there something about the garlic capsules that you mention , that would mitigate any harm on the kitty? or were you unaware that garlic may be toxic?
I noticed the kitty in your page survived the treatment ,and that is great news!
i wondered if the garlic capsules were so bad afterall , but it really says everywhere else i can research... that garlic is highly toxic to cats , moreso than most allium species

I look forward to your reply and hope you have a fantastic evening

• Like 1

Not a problem my fellow SA'er! :)

Peace to ya! :)

• Like 1

Have a look at this too, you can buy it from the chemist as Blackmore's Kaloba

Not sure if molecular mechanism HIV/FIV attach to host cell is same but worth a shot/maybe someone researched it

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140130092840.htm

That does look very interesting,im thinking of trying it on my cat as he has

Fiv ,but luckily he's still asymptomatic,its much cheaper from overseas $11+$4 delivery,http://www.iherb.com/California-Xtracts-Umckaloabo-100-Alcohol-Free-Cherry-Flavor-4-fl-oz-118-ml/47262#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=umckaloabo&rc=6&sr=null&ic=2us at iherb,compared to $20 for half the amount here.

Im getting anxious thinking about my cat deteriorating,and suffering,not to mention the massive vet treatment costs,its a terrible disease for cats,and for their human family, my cat is like my son.

There is a site that i came across that might help,http://www.fivtherapy.com/index.htm,it covers the disease comprehensively ,

Ive come across a few sited that suggest ,bone broth,Vitamin c,and Acidophilus

Edited by mrp11
  • Like 1

still no reply from that garlic page..

edit - and even still - 27th jan