The Corroboree

Your opinion on nuclear power  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Googling "fisson" came up with nothing about energy production (other than misspelled results for "fission"). I assume you meant "fusion". What do you mean by "full nuclear"? Is that a technical term? I'm sure they give the task of dilmantling nuclear weapons to people who don't know that much about the subject. :P

Fisson http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...25011951AAUHTy0

Which substance undergoes nuclear fisson in a nuclear reactor? Uranium 235, Uranium 233 (artificially produced by irradiation of Thorium 232 in a reactor) and Plutonium 239 (produced by irradiation of Uranium 238) are the 'fissile' elements which are useful for production of energy through fission in a nuclear reactor.

Nuclear power is the only thing that gives life to our sun. Nuclear power can be produced in two ways namely nuclear fisson and nuclear fusion. ...

http://hubpages.com/tag/nuclear+fusion/hot

Also, please feel free to make enquires at Oxford Universities Nuclear Science Department or any other University including those throughout Australia, you may even find material on the British nuclear testing in the Australian outback.

I can even supply you with further information myself, the process of "Fisson" isn't daydream.

Googling "fisson" came up with nothing about energy production (other than misspelled results for "fission"). I assume you meant "fusion". What do you mean by "full nuclear"? Is that a technical term? I'm sure they give the task of dilmantling nuclear weapons to people who don't know that much about the subject. :P

Nuclear Fisson and fusion are different, describing particular processes. Please feel free to look them up and post your findings.

Haha Ha. WTF?

I still have no idea what fisson is and can only assume you are making a joke or talking shit.

lol i'm confused.

Fisson or FissIon?, is Fisson a completely different process, a mispelt word or utilised in some cultural languages as a synonym for fissIon?

If he means fission, then it doesn't make sense that he described it as 'experimental'. It sounded more like he was reffering to fusion, and calling fission 'full nuclear' but he denied that.

If he means fission, then it doesn't make sense that he described it as 'experimental'. It sounded more like he was reffering to fusion, and calling fission 'full nuclear' but he denied that.

Originally, I was offended at your apparent attack on my own credibility. Now I just think it's a shame that you don't find this information after I have provided links to sites that will point you in the right direction. I have happy to post quite a sizable definition and explanation of the whole process though the internet provides all this information and more. On previous topics I asked for information and was provided with direction in the form of links, I was happy with this.

I am surprised that you still believe fisson is miss spelt

Definition:Nuclear Reaction (type of)

A system in which controlled nuclear fisson reactions generate heat energy on a large scale, which is subsequently converted into electrical energy.

How does a Nuclear reactor produce energy ?

When the Atom bomb was detonatonated above ground in Hiroshima/Nagasaki,not only was this a form of "warning" this was also the test of a device on population and a study of outcomes, of releases of energy on a massive scale. Atom based. Now Nuclear is based upon the splitting of the Nucleus, the outcome being energy produced in excess of 10,000 Atom bombs.

The original job given to scientists was to harness the energy of this explosion, as this was impossible as once the process is initiated, it is extremely difficult to control.

Now, it was theorised that the outcome of exciting nuclear energy while controlling the process by cooling.The by product of this being steam. This steam was then used to turn turbines which create energy.

Chernobyl, was the classic example of the inability of personnel to cool the core of the reactor.

Water passes through the core, becomes superheated,creates steam and this steam is used to tun turbines.This steam is then piped through refridgeration and then reinjected into the core.

At Chernobyl,the automatic cooling (computer controlled) was malfunctioning (due to minimal maintainance issues) so there was an attempt to Manually cool the core by either injecting external cooling source, water. Or pumping the existing cooling source manually.

Both of these options were attempted ,though unfortunately, not in time. The core of the reactor reached meltdown, liquifying the base of the reactor and the reactor started to bury itself. This process off superheated object hitting/touching a process solid at a different temperature created explosions within the reactor.

A few scientists and workers remained during meltdown to try and control meltdown, and managed to limit damage, though they were overcome with radiation levels and perished,some soon after and some later.

Originally, I was offended at your apparent attack on my own credibility. Now I just think it's a shame that you don't find this information after I have provided links to sites that will point you in the right direction. I have happy to post quite a sizable definition and explanation of the whole process though the internet provides all this information and more. On previous topics I asked for information and was provided with direction in the form of links, I was happy with this.

I am surprised that you still believe fisson is miss spelt

Definition:Nuclear Reaction (type of)

A system in which controlled nuclear fisson reactions generate heat energy on a large scale, which is subsequently converted into electrical energy.

How does a Nuclear reactor produce energy ?

When the Atom bomb was detonatonated above ground in Hiroshima/Nagasaki,not only was this a form of "warning" this was also the test of a device on population and a study of outcomes, of releases of energy on a massive scale. Atom based. Now Nuclear is based upon the splitting of the Nucleus, the outcome being energy produced in excess of 10,000 Atom bombs.

The original job given to scientists was to harness the energy of this explosion, as this was impossible as once the process is initiated, it is extremely difficult to control.

Now, it was theorised that the outcome of exciting nuclear energy while controlling the process by cooling.The by product of this being steam. This steam was then used to turn turbines which create energy.

Chernobyl, was the classic example of the inability of personnel to cool the core of the reactor.

Water passes through the core, becomes superheated,creates steam and this steam is used to tun turbines.This steam is then piped through refridgeration and then reinjected into the core.

At Chernobyl,the automatic cooling (computer controlled) was malfunctioning (due to minimal maintainance issues) so there was an attempt to Manually cool the core by either injecting external cooling source, water. Or pumping the existing cooling source manually.

Both of these options were attempted ,though unfortunately, not in time. The core of the reactor reached meltdown, liquifying the base of the reactor and the reactor started to bury itself. This process off superheated object hitting/touching a process solid at a different temperature created explosions within the reactor.

A few scientists and workers remained during meltdown to try and control meltdown, and managed to limit damage, though they were overcome with radiation levels and perished,some soon after and some later.

Now. after a cigarette I'll describe the inner workings of a nuclear bomb...

Nuclear material is encased in Kilos of High explosive (tiled) and all designed to explode directionally (like a claymore) at the same time.These explosives are directed to implode thus splitting the nucleus within creating a forced "fusion" which then explodes outwardly as the explosion (energy produced) itself fights to be released. The explosion being a bi product of the forced fusion.

Does this answer your questions? I've tried to make it as simplified as possible

Now. after a cigarette I'll describe the inner workings of a nuclear bomb...

Nuclear material is encased in Kilos of High explosive (tiled) and all designed to explode directionally (like a claymore) at the same time.These explosives are directed to implode thus splitting the nucleus within creating a forced "fusion" which then explodes outwardly as the explosion (energy produced) itself fights to be released. The explosion being a bi product of the forced fusion.

Does this answer your questions? I've tried to make it as simplified as possible

http://www.unb.ca/transpo/mynet/asimov.htm

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't know where to begin. Do I laugh, or tell you to fuck off?

I wasn't even aware that they let such severely mentally disabled people in the armed forces.

Give me a simple answer to this:

A fusion reaction is where elements of low atomic number are forced together to produce elements of higher atomic number. A fission reaction is where elements of high atomic number are 'split', producing elements of lower atomic number.

Is fisson related to either of those? Or is something else altogether? If so, what is it?

TBH I am not expecting to get a coherent answer...perhaps just more links to random nuclear stuff, but it's fun watching you make a fool of yourself.

Oh, I just noticed that you think that atomic energy is different to nuclear energy, specifically four orders of magnitude less energetic. Haha, hilarious.

Taken from Fritjof Capra's book "the turning point"

Plutonium a waste product from nuclear plants has a half life of 24400 years. Less that one millionth of a gram is fatal. 1 pound evenly distributed across the earth would be enough to induce lung cancer in every single human. Each commercial reactor produces 400-500 pounds of plutonium per year. Tons of plutonium are transported over land. If plutonium kills an organism, it doesn't vanish, it stays in the environment, probably in the food chain for 500 000 years.

Projections made in 1975, if the industry contains its plutonium with 99.9% efficacy, it will be responsible for 500,000 fatal lung cancer deaths per year by the year 2020. A 25% increase in the death rate in America.

in 1983 projections by the nuclear industry for intensely radioactive "high level" waste was estimated to be 152 million gallons by the year 2000. This is not including waste from military reactors.

A fusion reaction is where elements of low atomic number are forced together to produce elements of higher atomic number. A fission reaction is where elements of high atomic number are 'split', producing elements of lower atomic number.

Is fisson related to either of those? Or is something else altogether? If so, what is it?

TBH I am not expecting to get a coherent answer...perhaps just more links to random nuclear stuff, but it's fun watching you make a fool of yourself.

Oh, I just noticed that you think that atomic energy is different to nuclear energy, specifically four orders of magnitude less energetic. Haha, hilarious.

Ballzac- those links have been direction for you on "fisson" the original question you asked. I could abuse the crap out of you, but I won't. You need life experience. To see these things in person, the reactors etc. I am semi retired though ,doing my 4th degree in my spare time.

I am sorry you feel that anyone who has an opinion and explanation from experience is "mentally disabled", I don't read my shit out of a book.

Fisson is "new" and experimental, look up yourself and find out about it. My links have shown the subject and spelling to be valid and also shown you direction on where to find the answers to which you seek.

I am a soldier who after fighting 7 wars of which the world never knew about, sent by stupid gutless politicians for reasons of policy and infantile scraps resolved to send troops to quell population and rebellion,but never actually affecting those who started the shit in the first place.

I am a teacher of soldiers, I know my job, I teach others to deal with the side affects of most things any adversary can throw at them.

Maybe I am mentally disabled, from seeing the shit I've seen. But would you or a country ever send a sane person to do the dirty work ?

Edited by DrGardener

Go fuck yourself!

:angry:

:wave-finger:

:bootyshake:

:slap:

I'm still confused, fisson is redirected to fission (http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Fisson); again i ask the question, is Fisson a completely different process, a mispelt word or utilised in some cultural languages as a synonym for fissIon? I'm not taking the piss, i just want a straight answer so i can comprehend things better.

Dr G, your fisson link in post #26 talks about fissIon. I am finding this terribly confusing.

Gerbil- Check out this paper on this link http://www.newenergytimes.com/Library/2007Miley-ACS.pdf I believe this answers your question...

The Paper is the "Maruhn-Greiner Fisson Theory and Low energy nuclear reactions with magic numbers" (University NSW)

Only too happy to help!

DrG

Ballzac- Please email the Lecturer in Nuclear Science at Oxford and quote that you don't think atomic and Nuclear energy is different. He will correct you.

You need to chill out since one day you'll be part of the real world, in this world, theory becomes reality in a devistating minute.

I used to get bothered by abusive or offensive words when I was younger, then I became more bothered by the weapons they carried and then words became a bullshit 10th.

Go and have a smoke, you'll live longer.

We all continue learning throughout life, don't attack and disrespect if you disagree. Correct with fact, I am not adverse to being corrected, in fact I appreciate it.

We are more global then you may understand, some day some guy might just get offended by the way you react and will not hesitate to act. In that sort of situation, have a little more then words as your defence.

A difference of opinion or a disagreement is what politicians use to justify sending troops to force their point of view. Think smarter, not like the wankers in Canberra,Washington or London.

Live long ,chill out and go semi hippy.

DrG

:uzi:

Die troll

Gerbil- Check out this paper on this link http://www.newenergytimes.com/Library/2007Miley-ACS.pdf I believe this answers your question...

The Paper is the "Maruhn-Greiner Fisson Theory and Low energy nuclear reactions with magic numbers" (University NSW)

Only too happy to help!

DrG

Nope that didn't answer any of my questions (or at least none that i could comprehend, or even find a starting point to try and figure out what they are talking about), just confused me some more; I couldn't understand near on anything in that document. I may have missed something but I can't find a clear definition of fisson in that paper?

I still don't understand the redirection of fisson to FISSION in definitions.

Anyway that's enough cryptic messages for me, i'll just stick to plants.

DrGardener, with your ex military three and a half degree background, you should be able to provide a link that contains some information in a format like this:

fis·sion

-noun

1. the act of cleaving or splitting into parts.

2. Also called nuclear fission. Physics. the splitting of the nucleus of an atom into nuclei of lighter atoms, accompanied by the release of energy.

3. Biology. the division of an organism into new organisms as a process of reproduction.

–verb (used without object)

4. Physics. to undergo fission.

–verb (used with object)

5. Physics. to cause to undergo fission.

Generally, if things 'exist', they have an entry in something called a dictionary. Now I'm not saying that exclusion from the dictionary excludes existence, but you'd think a scientific process would be in there, no?

They should've called it 'nuclear cleavage'. Has a good ring to it don't you think?

They already do ballzac,

hillary_clinton_boobs_bill_cleavage.jpg

"Shock and awe"

.........sorry, i had to.

I am finding this terribly confusing.

Maybe these links will help you understand:

http://pbskids.org/barney/

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/021101.html

http://www.worldint.com/science/bakelite.html

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-put-on-a-condom-2

:lol:

Edited by ballzac