The Corroboree
Realm

Bali Magic Mushrooms

I've heard (nothing official) that Indonesian Police will be clamping down on magic mushroom suppliers and users in Bali. Magic mushrooms have been openly available and advertised in Bali and Lombok for a long time, despite being classified as a narcotic. If this is true, I would be expecting some arrests, media attention, some examples being set... Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

To be honest, I don't see it happening all that much.

Where do you think bribe money comes from?

You can buy anything in Bali.

But one day the pay off from the police for a druggy whitey will be higher than your payment for "insert drug here:" and they'll hand your ass over.

If your going to get anything use it quick and never ever keep anything in your hotel room (or strapped to your body like an asshole).

Omelette's sound super tasty, just eat them onsite.

• Like 2

Poppies lane. Look for the signs. Order with fresh Lemon juice. :wink:

Edited by mr b.caapi

yeah they don't advertise as such but they are readily available like many other things.

I would always want to dictate the terms. you stay at a good hotel. you get them to arrive there with the goods and call. when they arrive you watch them call you as they enter the foyer. you then make the meeting point within your hotel and make sure you can observe everything you need.

how they can set you up from that im not sure.... im not saying it cant be done but the whole paid off cop thing is difficult work for them here.

I imagine these major hotels would rather not have the media attention that people are getting set up on their property also.

but obviously the only way to guarantee safety is to stay well clear of it.. Im just saying if you choose to do it you may minimize risk by doing it in certain ways.

Edited by rigger

The cops in Bali have a reputation for being corrupt, whether or not something is legal or illegal doesn't mean you will or won't get into to trouble.

I have a friend who used to live in Bali and worked at Twisted Monkey (shroom bar) in poppies lane a couple of months back...heard good things. However, doing shrooms while in a foreign land/environment sounds like a recipe for disaster, especially in Bali.

Just don't be one of those fuckhead aussies who make a bad name for the rest of us that actually like and respect the people and culture of the Balinese :)

Edited by archaeologistintraining
  • Like 2

yeah they don't advertise as such but they are readily available like many other things.

I would always want to dictate the terms. you stay at a good hotel. you get them to arrive there with the goods and call. when they arrive you watch them call you as they enter the foyer. you then make the meeting point within your hotel and make sure you can observe everything you need.

how they can set you up from that im not sure.... im not saying it cant be done but the whole paid off cop thing is difficult work for them here.

I imagine these major hotels would rather not have the media attention that people are getting set up on their property also.

but obviously the only way to guarantee safety is to stay well clear of it.. Im just saying if you choose to do it you may minimize risk by doing it in certain ways.

They advertise them everywhere...Havnt you noticed the warungs with the Mushroom signs out the front ?

Everything you can get in Bali you can get here in some form or another.

Don't think its worth the risk at all.

Imagine the freakout if it all went bad.

I've never understood the want to go tripping or get wasted whilst on holiday or travelling, can do that shit anytime at home where it's safe n comfortable.

A month away, well then yes, gotta fry at least once a month, a week or two though, it's just not worth it.

hey Realm, not meaning to be bitchy, the OP reads a bit like the opening segment on today tonight, sure you ain't connected to that puss.........

• Like 3

I've been to Bali many times and seen the signs, shopfronts and been offered mushrooms openly.. I heard that was all going to change this year with heavier policing.. but now it doesn't seem to be the case since I'd expect to hear of arrests or something. That's why I asked if anyone has knowledge of this. I will just have to see for myself when I'm next there.. ;-)

oh sorry mate :)

yeah I think if your not looking for it, it's easier to miss now. that's what locals and ex pats told me.

It's still there though.

As for arrests increasing I could only speculate. I imaging most arrest cases would bargain and pay the bribe possibly? so I guess that wouldn't come up on statistics. Also maybe the price has increased to cover any new or increased payoffs. so maybe (on average) the consumer pays more now rather than arrest cases increasing.

Edited by rigger

Sorry to bump an old thread, but is this still the way things are in Bali? I'll be headed there in 2 days.

• Like 1

Being the wet season your probally better off going on a forest walk, or head country and pick your own.

Look at the sides of roads or areas where cattle congregate, best of luck :shroomer: