The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

Proud as punch!

I think it's cool what she did with the colours and I love the imperfections especially the flowers. I just think it has a lot of life in it. Think I'm gonna get it framed.

• Like 2

i like it! i also like the imperfections & the striking way she's used color, mixing the colors in a way that gives in depth & vibrancy & it seems to be glinting in the light.

& the details like how the flower stalks are refracted below the water in the vase. she definitely has a good eye that should be nurtured! Be careful with tuition though i reckon, you don't want to get the wrong teacher that floods her with too many 'rules' & stifles her natural creativity..

• Like 1

I don't have one :( I'm ordering a new one.

She mainly used to draw animals and insects but now she is into drawing stuff left on kitchen benches like vases, cutlery, envelopes and grocery bags. She can draw whatever she wants, I'm pretty free and easy with my parenting the only thing I've ever asked of her is manners, and she has beautiful manners which everyone always compliments her on.

• Like 1

But yeah I wouldn't know where to start with tuition I'm unsure if there's even such a thing out here in the central west, prolly a good idea to let her do her own thing with it I guess once she gets to high school the art teachers there would be a good resource.

Great work!

As a parent myself, I'm very proud of any creativity in my children and let it roam free for exploration and development. I think the last thing they need is someone over their shoulder giving them pointers or tips. Unless it is asked for. Encouragement and positive feedback I like to give. Kids can't do it wrong, art is as always "in the eye of the beholder"

Give her a high five!

• Like 1

That's awesome. Best of luck with it, I'd agree and hope her high school art teachers recognise the talent.

My brother had a portrait he drew framed somewhere in Tokyo. All organised via his high school. From memory he entered a comp through his school and took out the prize. It's a shame he didn't do anything with the talent.

• Like 1

Very cool. Way better than I could do!

• Like 1

A good thing to look for are holiday art programs at local unis or Tafes during the school holidays. there might not be anything in your area but there might be more than we think!

• Like 2

I reckon it's sick bra, sick!! In all seriousness, she does have talent and you should nurture it!

• Like 2

nice, my gurl aged 10 drawing sally from sonic

10511460_1566424133611817_46003472627952

• Like 3

Maybe grab some other media for her to play with, water colour pencils, pencils, paints and stuff like that. Just leave it lying around for her to find as often incentives, pressure and expectations can make the creative daemon go away. Second the holidays art programs, really dig deep to find stuff. Also check out the botanical gardens they might do botanical drawing classes which would be fun for both of you!

• Like 3

She actually has a really good eye for lighting and composition! Second what paradox said and having different media for her to play with. Depending on her personality tho maybe too many options and shed lose focus. Did she really enjoy making it? Maybe dad could ask her to draw his garden?

• Like 1