The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Planthunter

Wanted, Calea z seedling/plant

I,m after a Calea z seedling/plant. I can trade a young Silene u plant in return or of course buy it from you.

There must be some one in NZ that is growing Calea z?

EDIT shit sorry didnt c the nz thingy

Edited by bullit

I could send you a few, just not sure if it would survive the journey to nz, or if it would be allowed through?

• Like 1

Sory, thought i did, but what i have growing (beautifully!) bares NO resemblance to the pictures of it on the web :huh:

Leaves me wondering just what the heck was sold to me . . . - looks sort of like a cross between mullein and horehound shapes and type of leaf.

Bummer :BANGHEAD2:

I could send you a few, just not sure if it would survive the journey to nz, or if it would be allowed through?

Thanks for the offer mate, sadly the :uzi: forces to be are indeed unlikely to let in in :BANGHEAD2:

Sory, thought i did, but what i have growing (beautifully!) bares NO resemblance to the pictures of it on the web :huh:

Leaves me wondering just what the heck was sold to me . . . - looks sort of like a cross between mullein and horehound shapes and type of leaf.

Bummer :BANGHEAD2:

Sounds like somethings wrong there man. How about posting a pic and see if any one can id it..

• Like 1

EDIT shit sorry didnt c the nz thingy

Haha easily done! :)

I have seeds pending with fucking customs about 200 of them hahaha, If they get sent I will send them around.

• Like 2

Salvia illegal in Australia, Calea banned in New Zealand... I think we have it worse here...

I have seeds pending with fucking customs about 200 of them hahaha, If they get sent I will send them around.

Good luck with that one Nailthesnail, I hope they arrive safe n sound..

• Like 1

Salvia illegal in Australia, Calea banned in New Zealand... I think we have it worse here...

I was going to buy some Calea seed on ebay from Australia, so rang NZ customs to check, the guy I spoke to seemed to give me the impression that its still ok over here but was annoyingly vague and when I asked him to send me an email just to clarify, it never got sent. Its strange that no one is selling it over here, none that I know of anyway..

There is at least one kiwi with seeds looking for a buyer. I've PM'd you a link Planthunter.

• Like 1

First two pics are of the thing that was sold to me as Calea (but, obviously, isn't). Looking on google it could be something called 'lambs ear' maybe? I still got ripped off though! lol
The last is possibly skullcap? I took labels out of what i thought was a dead pot then these guys showed up!

NOT the Calea Z it was sold as, but what? (1)

NOT the Calea Z it was sold as, but what? (close up)

Possibly Skullcap

Edited by frozenthunderbolt
  • Like 1

it's silene capensis. I have them growing and they are the exact same :)

• Like 1

it's silene capensis. I have them growing and they are the exact same :)

Yeah but i get conflicting google results: Silene capensis also shows something that looks very much like this:

Silene Undulata? (Capensis)

Silene Undulata? (Capensis)

Which is what i had down as Silene Capensis.

This said, it is listed as silene unulata by Wikki . . .

First two pics are of the thing that was sold to me as Calea (but, obviously, isn't). Looking on google it could be something called 'lambs ear' maybe? I still got ripped off though! lol

The last is possibly skullcap? I took labels out of what i thought was a dead pot then these guys showed up!

Yes it does look like "lambs ear" to me as well, the others as Nailthesnail mentioned look just like Silene Capensis, I have a couple of seedlings on the go at the moment. I grew some Silene Capensis a year or so ago and as they grow larger, so do the leaves grow longer along with the flower stems.

These little seedlings on the right of the bottom of the 3rd photo look like Calea z? Maybe... Lol !!

I'm confused I get conflict with google as well. Guess ya just gotta wait till it flowers, I got my seeds from Ceres so I trust that its silene though