Aya' Detox and Diet

Ayahuasca MAOI Diet-

Within 33 days of and 33 days after-

ALL medications, vitamins and/or other drugs

Protein bars or extracts

Aged Cheese and other fermented edibles and drinks

Migraine medicines

MAOIs, SSRIs and any other anti-depressants

O.T.C. cold medicines, Decongestants, Asprin, Allergy, Asthma etc.

Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine

Yohimbe, St.John's Wort, Rhodiola and other herbal medications

Sedatives- Sleeping Pills, Tranquilizers, etc.

Diet pills, Appetite suppressants, etc.

Narcotics- Cocaine, Heroin, Methamphetamine, etc.

Allergy or Asthma Medication

All types of Opiates- Opium, Valium, Oxycotton, Hydrocodone

Any other type MAO inhibitor

Within 7 days of and 7 days after-

Same as above+

All drugs and alcohol (Including Alcohol, Tobacco, Caffeine, EVERYTHING)

Herbal medinicals and psychoactives of all sorts

Any tyrosine-containing food

All Beans (including soy!!!) This also includes bean products- like soy sauce, bean dip, etc. No beans!!

Broad (Fava) bean pods

Soy Sauce and Miso soup

Avocados

Pickled edibles- Pickled pigs feet, pickled eggs, pickles.

Non-alcoholic brewed (Fermented) beverages (non-alcoholic beer), etc.

Kombucha; All other fermented brewed drinks.

Protein bars or extracts

Aged cheese

High amounts of sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa nibs, other stimulants, etc.

Make sure all food are fresh; spoiled or old food is the main cause of negative reactions.

Within 3 days of and 3 after-

Same as above+

Began Fasting

All drugs and alcohol

Kombucha, Beer and/or other fermented beverages

Bananas

All Dairy products

Dried Fruits (Raisins, Dates, etc.)

Chocolate

Dill, Parsley, Fennel and other strong spices.

All Beans (including soy!!!) This also includes bean products- like soy sauce, bean dip, etc. No beans!!

Avocados

Cultured dairy products (buttermilk, yogurt, cheeses and sour cream)

All Caffeine products (Coffee, Black or Oolong Tea, Energy Drinks, Ect.)

Soy Sauce

Spinach

Nuts- Peanuts, Walnuts, Pecans, etc.

High Protein Meals, Beef soup, steaks, etc.

Sausage, Bologna, Pepperoni, Liver and Salami (Pork)

Sauerkraut, Mayo’, Sourcream, etc.

Shrimp, Lobster and Crayfish

Yeast and other mirco-organisms (unless baked)

Salts, Sugars, Oils and Fats

Make sure all food are fresh; spoiled or old food is the main cause of negative reactions.

Within 36 hours of and 36 hours after-

Same as above+

Perform Detox, cleanse the body.

Meditate, empty the mind and relax.

No meat or ingestion of any sort of living creature.

Absolute no candy, sugar, fats, oils, salt and/or spices.

No sex or masturbation.

Take a long bath or shower; Paint yourself Blue.

Drink nothing but water.

Contemplate the experience.

33-7 hours before-

Same as above + No food (One light meal of fresh fruit or rice may be eaten during this period)

3-1 hours before-

Same as above + No water or other drink (One small glass of water may be drank)

5-15m before-

Prepare a snack of fresh fruit and wild or white rice with butter and oil.

Pre-roll a small joint, prepare the area, make sure everything is ready.

Release all bodily waste and fluids.

Shake/stir Ayahuasca before use.

The Trip-

Drink Aya’ quickly along with a small glass of water, if desired.

Attempt to keep Aya’ down at least 1-2 hour, or as long as you can.

Ingest mint and/or ginger (Anti-nausea) if desired.

Smoke cannabis (Anti-nausea) if desired.

Consume the MAOI safe food, if desired.

Run around naked and make strange noises.

Be sure to drink a glass of water or juice to re-hydrate yourself after 1-2 hours or just after the purge.

Some good things to eat during the strictest periods of dieting are-

Plain white rice, wild rice, etc.

Freshly caught fish (Never frozen or out-dated)

Fresh Raw Fruits and Vegetables

How to Detox-

Sweat-Lodge

Herbal Enema

Pumice and Soap Scrubs, Hot Showers/Baths

Lots of Exersice

Ingestion of "Detox" herbals- Reishi mushrooms, Kombucha, Green/White Teas, Cranberry Juice, etc. (anybody know of anymore?)

Waxing or Removal of Body Hair

Edited by Teotz'

I can see this diet becoming the next big thing in New Idea, forget the lemon detox diet!

the no sex or masterbation thing i find the hardest! I think it may be quite important too just from an energetic POV, gunna need all the enrgy u can muster if ur goin in deep.

Shave your Head, Eye-Brows and Ass; Paint yourself Blue.

Sounds more like a recipe for a deranged smurf if ya ask me.

Is it ok to eat fresh grapes with an MAOI?

Only if freshly peeled by a nubian princess that has recently bathed in dew drops collected from an ancient atlantian rainforest by three wise men.

Please be serious, no trolling please.

I can see this diet becoming the next big thing in New Idea, forget the lemon detox diet!

What's "New Idea" and could you link me to other detoxs (like the lemon detox)?

Edited by Teotz'

Why are you ingesting food during an ayahuasca ceremony?

Also, it doesn't seem altogether logical to me to remove majiuana from your diet "1 week before and 1 week after", but to use it during the ceremony itself, but each to their own.

Why are you ingesting food during an ayahuasca ceremony?

I don't plan on ingesting it... It's just there incase I get hungary (I always do on 'shrooms and cactus)

Also, it doesn't seem altogether logical to me to remove majiuana from your diet "1 week before and 1 week after", but to use it during the ceremony itself, but each to their own.

Taking a week off before will reduce my tolerace, taking a week off after will allow me to comtemplate the experience without a clouded head... Doing it during....well that's just gonna be crazy! :P

Do you think I'm being overly cautious?

What is the deal with Fish and MAOIs.... only fresh fish or what???

Edited by Teotz'

are you mixing up traditional shamanic dietary requirements with the tyramine[not tyrosine] restrictions if taking pharmacuitical maoi's?

tyramine is not an issue if taking normal amounts of harmala alkaloids.....as i understand things,tyramine will preferentially displace harmine from mao.......and i assume mao inhibition lessens the more tyramine u take.

i've now read of ott,torsten and ananda all eating large to huge amts of tyramine and tyramine containing food and being unable to provoke a reaction.

most dont seem to take any dietary restictions beyond what you would do for most entheogens.

a small group of 'traditionalists' seem to all have their own ideas......follow yr heart,,i guess you have something in mind if you asked this q........

t s t .

Seems a little over the top but like tst says, each to thier own.

Why do you want to paint your self blue or was that just a bit of humor?

Cannabis during Ayahuasca ? Why ? Start to know the Vine better and THEN you could put admixtures in.

I am not so sure it is a good idea, what's the point of clouding all the experience and rendering it more confuse ?

Don't you trust your brew ? :wink:

As for eating in a ceremony, watch out, it boost the experience ! (very convenient if the brew is too weak)

Why do you want to paint your self blue or was that just a bit of humor?

It's meant to be humorous, but it's also serious...

If you shaved all the hair off your body, painted your-self blue and then took heavy entheogens, you'd look (and hopefully feel) like a different person!

That's the idea behind it! (as well as a little laugh)

I know that some South American shamans paint people blue.

No meat or ingestion of any sort of living creature.

Absolute no candy, sugar, fats, oils, salt and/or spices.

No sex or masturbation.

Take a long bath or shower; Shave your Head, Eye-Brows and Ass; Paint yourself Blue.

Drink nothing but water.

Contemplate the experience.

As for eating in a ceremony, watch out, it boost the experience !

I know, that's why I have food as part of my list...

Cannabis during Ayahuasca ? Why ?

I use it with every entheogen I take... Should I not?

If you shaved all the hair off your body, painted your-self blue and then took heavy entheogens, you'd look (and hopefully feel) like a different person!

may want someone to keep you hidden away from public eyes....

[quote name='Teotz'' date='Apr 24 2008, 04:56 AM' post='173604'

I use it with every entheogen I take... Should I not?

I am very curios about the motives of using cannabis with every other entheogens...

Isn't it a kind of psychological addiction or a way to not deal with your fears ?

I am not making any moral judgment or anything there :P I used to smoke a lot when younger.

But to me, it feels akward, like going to a date with a Newlook magazine under the arm !

If you want to listen to what the plants have to say, make your body like a white sheet of paper, that's the purpose of the Dieta.

You could try a one week dieta as a start, you'll understand how effective and POWERFULL it is. If you are dieting with Ayahuasca (just the vine without any admixture at all), you'll understand how profound this plant is and that it is not possible to reduce it in words, theories and molecules.

I would be worried about what kind of paint you used, during the trip you may not have enough sense to realise your over heating and could possibly die. Please take a beofre and after photo of your hairless and blue.

yes, painting the whole body can be more than dangerous, be careful to use only paint for body art.

Cannabis intensifies the other entheogens for me.... as well as warding off nausea.

I'm trying to find a natural blue paint (that's safe).

I am curious as to why you wrote all drugs .. nad than listed them below and repeated that you weren't gonna take them at every step of the way?

i don't understand if this just like a formatting thing or there is reason? Not trying to be a wank but i really don't ge4t it

Just knock out foods containing huge amounts of trytamines and any medication, i.e. SSRI.

Keep off the booze for 48 hours before. Just eat plain food during this period, not too fatty/salty/sweet etc.. No Pork a week before. You dont need to go on a Dieta, just eat, drink sensible and work on your intent. Keeping you hand off it for 48 hours before cant be a bad idea either, shows the madre you are serious in your approach. Smoking canabis is fine, its only a problem if you are dieting on other plants.

wouldnt mind picture of you painted blue.

good luck.

to reduce it in words, theories and molecules.

thats what i find often so unnerving when i read your posts teotz, you come up with all this information you gathered, but for the experienced ethnobot, it's mostly clear that you don't have much true insights in what you are talking (or shall i say copy and paste about) about. whilst just adding and adding information gathered over the net might be quite a usefull tool with many different subjects, i strongly disagree with it in your case. experience is needed to compile usefull information with any given subject, but i believe even more so if it's about the use of plants which harbour such powerfull forces.

please consider, gaining a bit more "hands on" experience, with those various plants before making all your papers puplic.

I am curious as to why you wrote all drugs .. nad than listed them below and repeated that you weren't gonna take them at every step of the way?

I thought about that too.

But, this list isn't just for me...it's for everybody...

So if somebody is taking meds that they need... they know if they can take them and still do Aya' or not...

thats what i find often so unnerving when i read your posts teotz, you come up with all this information you gathered, but for the experienced ethnobot, it's mostly clear that you don't have much true insights in what you are talking (or shall i say copy and paste about) about. whilst just adding and adding information gathered over the net might be quite a usefull tool with many different subjects, i strongly disagree with it in your case. experience is needed to compile usefull information with any given subject, but i believe even more so if it's about the use of plants which harbour such powerfull forces.

please consider, gaining a bit more "hands on" experience, with those various plants before making all your papers puplic.

You are correct! Why do you think I post these things?

So people with "Hands on Experience" can correct me, if my research is wrong...

I will edit and add to my works as I further my shamanic knowledge.

Edited by Teotz'

I thought about that too.

But, this list isn't just for me...it's for everybody...

So if somebody is taking meds that they need... they know if they can take them and still do Aya' or not...

actaully, cutting out all drugs includes the ones that you listed underneath it.... so that doesn't make sense. Or are those drugs taht specifically souldn't be taken?

You also note the stuf you cut out previously again and again.. like beans?

Hey Teotz'

I agree that you may be a bit overly cautious. I would definitely cut down on drug intake and on sex/masturbation. But I think the diet is bit too strict. As long as you have a healthy diet for the week prior to ingestion, I think you'll do fine.

I'm not overly experienced myself. But fasting/detoxing with other entheogens has resulted in pretty much no noticeable effect. Then in other circumstances, where aya was consumed, it was pretty spontaneous. There was no dietary concerns even thought about. Yet the results were much more.

I think a healthy diet and a good intention/mindset is where you'd want to focus.

But as others have said, each to their own.

Stink

Or are those drugs taht specifically souldn't be taken?

They are drugs you specifically should not take with Aya'.

So if your medication isn't on that list... it's likely safe to take with Aya'....

.....Of course, I'm no doctor, I'm just doing my best with the information I have at hand...

You also note the stuf you cut out previously again and again.. like beans?

Ya, I need to edit and clean it up a little...but y'all get the basic idea...

This diet isn't so much as safey restrictions as it is a challenge.

Edited by Teotz'