The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

BAstard cat! ... woke me up ..... (!?) just to fahkin bite me

grumble... , moan... lol ... bleed.... and groan

fkn just managed to get some sleep from this gadz forsaken flu... , rolled over and suddenly my hands

on fire... !!!!

wait no, its a fkn cat stuck in my hand! .... (maybe I'd rolled on her or somethn x] )

i feel bad for moaning after hearing that someones back is a lot worse than mine....

but OWWW ....fkn back ache too!...

guess its just something that comes with the territory on large cacti ... must remember to try always keep back as straight as poss and use knees and arms to do the hauling,,,

,.. and be extra careful of "reach factor" ..... making sure to get as close to the pot/plant as poss, plan the move, and maybe with some cushions or a lot of bubble wrap,

wrap the tip and let my shoulder balance the cactus part (works with the werdermannianus best due t it being 3 foot +....

but yeah hang on I was tryna moan wasn I...

so having finally (after months) gotten comfortable laying down, she goes and bites the hand that feeds

and after all I've done for her...

lol , at least now I woke up properly I can see the funny side..

but fkn eck this hole in my hand is glowing ...

....little bastages :P

cats bitings or spontaneously "attacking" the man which feeds them probably makes many dog lovers dislike cats.

Me? I love them. I was wondering recently if all the hatred towards cats had to do with fear and I felt I was spot on,

Some people hate cats and we hate what why dont understand, what we are afraid of. Several kids will have been scratched in terror while playing with a cat, then the cat gets a bit more agressive, maybe this is a fraction of the reason.

Christianity and medieval times, cat's a witches best friend and all, might be another fraction of historical truth about men and cats.

Did you know they used to build up a live cat in a buildings wall for "good luck"?

contrary to the barbaric christian europe, egyptians respected and worshipped the animal and even used some type of cat for hunting birds

Up the cats, love cat's scratches and bites, they're so sexy!

on the other side, watch your back when you reach... I have to watch for my back too, as I am getting better

aye that ,

and try to keep back straight and dont lift till youre healed and after that only do lifting work with your legs

-a lot of factories drill this lifting protocol into staff here-

kittys will stick up fr themselves and always take the easiest/most efficient "way"

if thats slashn the kids , lol , then as far as a kitty brain is concerned, so be it!

To break that lock they have to be forced into mutual ground

(locked in a room with the kid/adult under supervision/coersion so they can bond/stroke/see all is ok)

or else kitty will avoid .... forever in some cases,

kitty needs to see that person is nice and fair and has love to give- usually in stroking-purring...

and it only wrks for the cats it is possible with- some cats are "too far gone" into distrust and it takes like... magick! and even then..

, with the right hands many kittys would be fine again eventually, just how much the owner of those hands is really willing to love, and be fairer than some... I guess..

hehe i dont mind cat bites but i certainly DO mind dog bites or the mutts

if theyre jumping up me with muddy paws (trying to assert dominance)

makes me feel like I wd cut their balls off and feed them to their owner in a trice had i been slightly less nice a sheila

Dx

on the other hand its very hard to match a good (and only a good) rottweiller

so long as you can give a punch that would probably kill even a very tough human.....

just in case they vai for alpha role... it dsn even seem to hurt them much at all but...

then theyre your best pal for life and feel they know where they stand and are much happier..(the sick fux)

and will protect you and your "pack" with their lives and allow kids to ride them And keep any other dogs you have in line ...(fkn awesome roman breeding) 1 step from a bear I swear

the only thing that could possibly match a rotty is a malamute

- theyre that smart you probably wouldn have to bop em one -

and the only thing that could possibly beat them as an animal to befriend.. is the cat

-with the exception of defending the cacti- infact theres probably no better dog than a malamute for that task (providing its not too hot where they reside)

, but yeah paws down any day

kittys rule , cats own their people, people own their dogs : 3

crows , jackdaws and ravens, perhaps more corviids,

would be an excellent pet that can even talk (and swear)

if no kittys were possible - not nice seeing your beloved little kitty take down ravens with ease -

and as long as you dont mind being followed to school/work/out of town - lol by somethn that flies faster than you can drive... or tear up your home if you keep it in...

also they like shiney things so eyes are pretty shiny right? ... have to watch em for peckin' ya eyes

(and ears nose mouth - lol )

also they dn like it if you carry black t-shirts or rags since it looks like a dead corviid and theyll go tell their kids

for generations , especially jackdaws.. and all their friends

lol and apparently hassle you for the rest of your life x]

-Hoss

-also , wdnt it be nice to be owned by a jaguar or puma... or any of the papa cats....

mmmm barbory lion :wub: like that aslan frm narnia and if aslan wasnt a barbory one, then cs lewis was a dick :P

cats bitings or spontaneously "attacking" the man which feeds them probably makes many dog lovers dislike cats.

Me? I love them. I was wondering recently if all the hatred towards cats had to do with fear and I felt I was spot on,

Some people hate cats and we hate what why dont understand, what we are afraid of. Several kids will have been scratched in terror while playing with a cat, then the cat gets a bit more agressive, maybe this is a fraction of the reason.

Christianity and medieval times, cat's a witches best friend and all, might be another fraction of historical truth about men and cats.

Did you know they used to build up a live cat in a buildings wall for "good luck"?

contrary to the barbaric christian europe, egyptians respected and worshipped the animal and even used some type of cat for hunting birds

Up the cats, love cat's scratches and bites, they're so sexy!

cats ate us for breakfast, for hundreds of thousands of years.

i mean literally, we walked, foraged, migrated, slept, played and evolved always in fear of being eaten by a nearby hidden cat.

My cat starts scraping on my blanket every morning at like four o clock because she wants under the blanket. Then i hold it up for like two minutes to finally get it to stop and then, she decides she doesn´t fucking want to get under.

Then i put the Blanket down trying to fall asleep again and five minutes later, she´s starting with the same shit all over again. Insomnia caused by Cats should be a generally accepted disease.

I once had a cat that used to bite me on the face while i was sleeping.

This was in those awkward teenage years between kitten and cat.

TI>>

I did not think about it, hmmm, you're probably right in the abstract , Occams razor huh?

than again, can you really compare lions, tigers, leopards, pumas and cheetahs to cats? the comparison is as valid as comparing hyenas to dogs.

but in the archetypical level, it must bare some truth...

IMO Big cats are more comparable to domestic dogs than domestic cats.

i just see a big cat trapped in a little body lol

that's why they attempt to "maul" you. they still half expect your spine to snap and your guts to fall out.

oh EG thats priceless , and so.. very... know what ya mean , be it the blankets or watching you stand with the door open for them

and not coming in despite miawing like theyre on fire .. just prior..

x] !!

yeah i ran out of likes so a reply was the closest i cd get ....

any chance of an overdraft on the "likes" balance sheet? ;)

I-Love-Animals-1-(2c)++-T-Shirts.jpg

Cats are extremely ritualistic and often their behaviours have already been set through positive reinforcement.

IE cat scratches you one time, you open the door and let it out. It then realises the way to get a door to open is to scratch you.

I've heard of a cat doing similar things by scratching a sofa, ie everytime the cat scratched the sofa it would be thrown out so the cat realised if it wanted to go out it would scratch the sofa!

Try not to break too many rituals, it causes them great stress which can trigger manic grooming or purring (which isn't always a sign that it likes what you're doing). Cats are control freaks and living with humans without control over their water or food and often without control of where they can go can be quite stressful.

I love cats... my cat wakes me up 10 minutes before my alarm goes off so I can turn the laundry tap on and let him drink. Funnily enough I start work at different times... but he still manages to get it right.

When he was smaller he would wake me up by biting the inside of my nose, now he gently boops me in the nose.

nose-boop.jpg

When I lived in another house my cat would have strange ways to communicate with me. He would sit and stare into a corner, which corner depended on whether he was hungry or thirsty.

Sometimes I wish I could understand him better... but I feel that would take away the mystique o the cat... It's fun to watch them run after nothing, stop and jump mid run then run the other way.

Distracted, i totally agree about the learnt behavior thing. Recently ive been doing battle with the Mrs to reform some of the cats less desirable behavior.

Where i live, its recently become illegal to let your cat out after dark (not that you should anyway). When the cat bitches in the middle of the night, she lets the damn thing out! Now he just sings his horrible song for hours expecting to be let out :BANGHEAD2:

My cat gets dihorea from time to time. When she does she either shits on my clothes i leave on the floor or bunches of tangled electrical cables wherever they may be. She also pisses in shoes if we accidentally lock her in the bedroom. On the odd occassion she takes a shit in the bath witch is odd cause its random. She wakes me up by lightly clawing at my eyelids till she pries on open. Pretty sick n delicate feat!

My cat gets dihorea from time to time. When she does she either shits on my clothes i leave on the floor or bunches of tangled electrical cables wherever they may be.

I reckon both of those are in their DNA.

I understand the cloths (sort of) But the cables? WHY!?

distracted amazing post!

Distracted, i totally agree about the learnt behavior thing. Recently ive been doing battle with the Mrs to reform some of the cats less desirable behavior.

Where i live, its recently become illegal to let your cat out after dark (not that you should anyway). When the cat bitches in the middle of the night, she lets the damn thing out! Now he just sings his horrible song for hours expecting to be let out :BANGHEAD2:

im shocked someone would pass a silly law like that, mind you nowadays i guess its less shocking

a cat is first and foremost , its own..

they should be allowed out whenever they please ,

it would be impossible to keep mine in during summer .... I cant see why theyre all of a sudden attacking cat owners ...

a cat naturally behaves friendly, its not in their breeding, thats the way they were before humans got to them

illegal? that "law" is rubbish, a farce, "engineered stress" cheap shot at the people via their loved ones (kittys in this instance) and deserves to be scrapped and ignored and whoever thuought it up, should be punished severely

so divide large communitites, chope them up, then families, and now pets?! wtf is going on in this idiotic world ?

smells like some arseholes trying to weaken-even-further to bring the people to their knees..... in as many small increments as possible while everyones too busy working their fingers to the bone to pay for it to happen to them

Wtf is going on with cats drinking from shower bases and baths ( but never ever drinking from the water bowl iv set up) actually jumping into the bath/shower drinking the residual drops after a shower?

Wtf is going on with cats drinking from shower bases and baths ( but never ever drinking from the water bowl iv set up) actually jumping into the bath/shower drinking the residual drops after a shower?

Try a ceramic bowl with a few drops of milk innit. I think they have trouble with depth persception when water is clear and motionless. Especially if they can see there own warped reflection on the bottom of a silvered bowl.

^good point, they are logical creatures I guess,

im shocked someone would pass a silly law like that, mind you nowadays i guess its less shocking

I don't think its such a bad law...a curfew for cats. Most cats have such a strong hunting instinct that no matter how much you feed them they will still kill wildlife. I wouldn't mind so much if they killed out of hunger, but its for the thrill of it all ?!. I don't believe cats should be locked up during the day, but at night when their hunting skills are peaking, its best for the nocturnal critters that Kitty be watching them from a window,lol. Cats still kill birds and lizards during the day, but i think they are more destructive at night because they are so good at hunting, the prey doesn't see them coming.

I have 2 cats. One of them will meow at my bedroom door to come in, and then claw the shit out of my bed spread with his needing and pawing,lol, and of course an hour or so before the alarm goes off in the morning, he will meow and meow at the door to go out. :)

usually when theyve just chewed the skulls and left the "meat" its because their system goes through so much calcium its unreal (this is also why you dont give dogs cat food, and the same reason dog food isnt enough for kittys)

theyre not killing for fun , even though it seems that way from the eyes of a human ;)

theyre after the skull, very cleverly and efficiently, for that rich chunk of calcium

they hardly need the meat ....from all that humans like to see them eat

also hunting is a very important part of life for any creature, be it for wild mushrooms and plants or

whatever they desire

wild animals themselves.. much smarter at the real world than some humans bubbles

....more humans interfering which in a reverse perspective I think cats are far more than accomodating

lest we try dominate them too much further than cutting them open and removing their reproductive organs

wrapping plastic collars on them till their stitches heal .. etc... "and now i have to be in at 9pm?.. fuck that"

i know what the cat would say x]

whats the fine ? and how clever are they who cooked up that little corner trap for the unsuspecting?

option a, comply and put up with the concequences from kitty and any mishaps

option b, dont have a cat at all

if enough people select b... i wonder how much the "vermin" count would rise by and at what rate

option c, find somewhere with people and rules that are at least at the bare minimum , possible...

to set up home?

option d, jail and punish severely whoever's idea it was (my fave one)

"feed im to the pigs 'arrold" :P

Brick-Top1.png

So Amazonian its a good law because it allows people have their furry pet, but prevent it from expressing its nocturnal and hunting instinct?

I dont know maybe you ozzies are the type that goes for enviroment protection, but I am not very convinced...

What I am saying is that its okey for people and cars and all to make cities where "endangered species" live, but cats get a night prohibitions?

and you have a cat? well, its a strange world no?

well how about banning cats overall, sounds fairer

Totaly off topic but for cat lovers a good read. I love cats n this made me giggle pretty hard!

http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html