The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Have you seen any cool movies lately??

''Hank and Mike'' * Watched this again last nite ,it must have been pretty good for me to be bothered watching for a second time... Hank and Mike / is tale of two easter bunnies lol, this song kicks ass haha

How to train a dragon was far better than expected. I really enjoyed it.

just kidding, you can polish a shit but it still stinks

I just saw 'the imaginarium of doctor parnassus' thought it was pretty cool

and 'defendor' is pretty funny

• Like 1

thought kick ass was pretty chronic. who'd have thought that the first time i'd hear the word cunt at the cinemas would be from a 10 y.o. girl wielding a samurai sword?

but it's been ages since i saw an awesome film.

Shutter Island! Awesome trippy movie! Just watched it yesterday!

I had some good laughs from Hot Tub Time Machine. I expected very little, but I had many laughs throughout.

Just re-watched the remastered Lost Horizon last night, a classic thats an absolute must if you like pre-WW2 anti-war films. I swear the movie set the stage for the emergence of the hippies 20 years later.

Wake in Fright.

it's not a horror film as the title suggests

• Like 1

raging bull, waking life, princess monokoke

Apocalypto was one of the best movies I've seen for ages.

I'm not really into action movies but I loved Apocalypto.

Must see !

• Like 2

District 9 was really cool. very original, well made and edge of your seat. haven't seen a good movie like that for ages.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the social commentary of District 9, all good horror/sci-fi movies need to throw in some cutting social commentary, and yeah it was a bit edge of your seat, well done indeed.

I saw Gamer, was funny movie to watch because a few of us were on mushrooms and a mate of mine more or less hypnotised another mate that he was a puppet, that he could pull his strings, literally, it was freaky and hillarious, and a great prelude to a pretty fucking trippy movie.

Everything is Illuminated was an enjoyable road trip with all the hassles, boring bits and funny times, that really taught a valuable life lesson. Beautiful movie.

These are the only movies I’ve seen lately that are even worth mentioning.

Animal Kingdom (2010)- This was actually the best aussie movie I’ve seen in a while. It’s ‘very’ loosely based on the Walsh street police shootings in Melbourne.

Lawless (2012)- This one got a lot of bad reviews, but I liked it and think its well worth watching.

Moon (2009)- This is an older one, but I only just watched it and thought was quite good. A little slow & depressing maybe, but not a bad movie to chill out to late at night.

The Bourne Legacy (2012)- Now this one was absolutely brilliant imo, maybe even better than the other Bourne movies. Totally action packed, but with a very good plot and quality acting.

Anyway, if anyone has seen any well made films lately (preferably ones that are out on DVD, since I can’t stand squinting my eyes to make out what’s happening on the screen), please post them. I’ve had enough of going though endless crappy movie trailers on utube to find something worth watching.

Thanks.

watched Life of Pi a few days ago and it was literately one of the best films I have ever seen! defianely recommend anyone to go and watch it

• Like 3

Bad Boy Bubby was a movie I watched recently and it still sticks freshly in my mind. Things were seen that cannot be unseen but I still walked away really impressed by it and glad to have watched it.

• Like 6

I second Bad Boy Bubby, I watch this movie once a year.

Make it past the first 30 minutes and see its beauty.

• Like 1

watched Life of Pi a few days ago and it was literately one of the best films I have ever seen! defianely recommend anyone to go and watch it

Yeah, thanks for that. It actually was quite an amazing movie.

• Like 1

i love the lorax, he speaks for the trees !

in uni days my friends and i would get ripped, gather 'round and do dr seuss readings for each other... it was always my fave, delighted to find the movie worked out well :)

• Like 2

I enjoyed "mental" for a laugh,

and I will admit to being pleasantly surprised by "red dog"

good to see the aussies are still making those quirky movies.

'Looper' was alot better than i expected.

Also really enjoyed some parts of 'Two Little Boys' but it was a bit screwed up.. :huh:

'High School' was quite funny too.

OH!! And the best movie i have seen in quite some time... 'My Name is Khan' about a guy who has asbergis and goes to america to follow his dreams.

• Like 1

I will also say, Wake In Fright. One of Australia's greatest films! And so true and reminiscent of Australian culture. Same goes with Sunday, Too Far Away.

Frog Dreaming is another tops Aussie flick, but good luck finding this, I recently paid $45 for it in VHS!

watched the naked lunch the other day on vhs and just atarted reading the book

awesome movie well worth watching