The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Meditator

Amanita Muscaria on the sunshine coast

I am wondering where i can find these (I know this has been asked many times on this forum) mushrooms growing and when?

I know they are suppose to grow around pine trees, soo would searching in the thousands of pine trees in glasshouse and on the sunshine coast be a good place to look?

Hell maybe someone in the area can show me by letting me tag along on one of their mushrooms hunts if anyone hunts this mushroom.

Im very interested in this mushroom.. it seems soo magical.

yeap i have found them around the glasshouse.. pine farms on the eastcoast qland r 1 of the biggest in the southern hemispere.

i dont go out lookin but i have came across them chasing bass ..

also i saw them in nambour in a garden under a large slash pine..

• Like 1

Well thats just awesome.

:D

• Like 1

Haha i actually found them growing on the sidewalk about 30 seconds walk from my house this lovely morning. Theyre bright yellow though, im pretty sure they are Amanita muscaria var. guessowii

I also found some Amanita "xanthocephala" growing not far from the first Amanitas i found.

CANT LINK PICTURES TO INSTAGRAM.. WHAT IS THIS?! .. i thought i finally found a use for that useless account i made like 2 years ago.. Ohh god i never thought id ever say this but.. follow me on instagram (that felt awkward) if you want to see them. Theyre actually quite nice looking, the bright yellow is like lemon. Balak_robeson is my acc.. Like anyone on here even has an instagram though haha

Edit: They taste really good too, i eneded up eating a whole cap uncooked, i hear they taste frickin amazing cooked.. Gonna be my breakfast this morning :D

I also found an Amanita Frostiana along the way aswell.

Edited by Meditator

What you just did was incredibly stupid. Eating an Amanita species you haven't even identified properly may well be your death sentence. Amatoxins are not a class of toxins to be taken lightly.

• Like 3

im pretty sure they are Amanita muscaria var. guessowii

That species does not occur in Australia. Neither does Amanita frostiana.

You should seriously try to upload the pictures and get them identified, as Tripsis said, it's entirely possible you ingested something lethal. Not very likely tough, doubtful you even found an Amanita species.