The Corroboree
obtuse

Happy Birthday Torsten

Happy birthday, T :D One day I'll get my crippled ass back to Mullum and see the garden and finally get to chat! I have an amusing mental image of you and want to see how it stacks up lol.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! Was keeping busy sorting sea beans all day :P [kidding]

actually, I celebrated the next day. I had been craving 'basil smash' cocktails recently so made a night of them ;) Herb cocktails rock.

2 oz gin
juice from half a lemon

half a lime in wedges
1 oz simple syrup
12 large fresh basil leaves
ice

1. Place gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and basil leaves in shaker and muddle well. Fill with ice. Shake a really, really long time to break down basil leaves and infuse basil flavor and color.
  2. Strain into ice-filled glass.
  3. Serve with a straw and basil leaf.

repeat ;)

• Like 9

^ so no grapefruit on your birthday? :wink: Lol.

Happy belated wishes T

Herb cocktails rock indeed

I'm getting nailed on my own special cocktail too, maybe I'll throw a bit of basil in it for good luck.

• Like 1

haha nice.

not sure what to think about grapefruit anymore ...

• Like 1

belated happy birthday Torsten

glad to hear you had a good day :)

^ so no grapefruit on your birthday? :wink: Lol

Bwahahaha! no, I am very single and disinterested these days.

For those who don't know the grapefruit reference, watch this video. All of it. With the sound turned UP. [NSFW]

• Like 2

Glad u had a good time, old friend :) keep on keepin on. I've said before I'll say it again, if my daughter had been a boy I would have named him Torsten :)

Coolest name ever! It was agreed and ready to go!

I was gonna call my staffy Torsten but I called him Maynard, Torsten is an ace name. I remember the first time I met u well, I was a noob at my first ega everyone thought I was a cop and u befriended me by the fire with a little tub of kava lactone honey, and through our relationship, most good, a little bad, as all relationships worth treasuring are, I can hold my hand over my heart and swear to all and sundry who may read, and stand by my conviction that I, have always thought the world of you. You are a good man, with a great heart. Keep on truckin the Torsten way dude, I know you will! X

• Like 3

so its a taurus - gemini mixture... awesome... gotta love natures irony in it all...

many are born from 20 -24 of each month

many have an ascedant or a moon that is contradictory to their sun.

Hey T,

hope you live as many years and many more and as interesting as those first one half of yr life

cheers, peace, justice, sweet to the sweet, knowledge, and playfulness

===

I feel like saying this, and this is a tribute to T alone, I think.

I have always showed an inapproriate, provokative, debative, often agressive behaviour in interwebz destinations and IRL alike ... Havent really found a place where I kind of enojoy being part of the collective... except here! I haven't done very well with political collectives in the past, and I now know I am a strong egoist, not really good with collectives and all.... during the years, I have somewhat changed, but what hasnt changed is the fact that I pride to the fact I have been the tiniest but all the same alive part of this awesome thing, SAB, an australian (ethno)botanical forum, the earliest, and the most important of its kind.

The absolute freedom of speech enjoyed here really has no match. All my respect to T, father of SAB

Well, this is forum has always stayed with me not only becuase it tolarated with me, but becuase of the way it handled mishaps and all kinds of shit.. and a well maintained |bitches" section, which all forums should have ..

cheers , ciao,

KIDS WILL SURVIVE

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2