The Corroboree

^^^

'dem crazy baldhead' - with dreadz

I like the bob marley song but found it a bit 1337ist and i dig the bringing together of the hairstyles as an obvious attempt to bring the two societies together! No longer shall rastaman and crazy baldhead clash.

cool bloody fotos Ronny, wats the specs of your camera? you use special lenses or filters or stuff, big fan of your photography! you should crank a deviantart account or something.

Awesome job dude. I really like the ones of the girls dancing. Espiclaly the top one in post 45. Awesome.

I relaly wish I could go to these camps and stuff ....:( oh well

yeah Ronny you got skills, i really like the light switch & oxygen valve... haunting. Your doof pix are quality!

Just missed out on EGA this year :BANGHEAD2:, as i'm in Melbourne the w/e before :(

but i am determined to make it next year!

peace

Awesome job dude. I really like the ones of the girls dancing. Espiclaly the top one in post 45. Awesome.

I relaly wish I could go to these camps and stuff ....:( oh well

spot the uber mullet next to her gotta love the mullet respect!

captures the ethno/doof spirit better than any ive seen. nice composition too Ronny.

spot the uber mullet next to her gotta love the mullet respect!

Haha, spotted! go the mulletude!

Really not a big fan of photography (I'm more into drawing, etc) but I really like your pics. There is a real lightness to them (pun intended). Thanks for sharing :lol:

awesome shots ronny.

u sure have an eye for hot hippy girls!!!

Fantastic shots indeed!

Is it just me, or is there a noticeable tendency for people to assert their "difference" from others in ways that are almost entirely identical to "other's" :lol: Flick thru em fast enough and it looks like there's some kinda Style Police been working the crowd...

"allo allo allo, and what do we 'av 'ere then?"

" uhh... it's a nose, Cunstable!"

"right, I'm gunna let that slide this time son but if I see you around here again without something metallic whacked thru it, you're gunna spend the night in a cell, yunnerstan? And don't think I haven't noticed the lack of multinational corp manufactured toxic waste based hair colour either...which is just a bit too straight and average looking too... you want us to pick you up for Unlawful Use of a Hairbrush Occasioning Grievous Bodily Hygeine? get it sorted or next time it won't be a warning matie"

"yes Sir, sorry Sir, thanks for the tip..."

Lovin that emo feral Mr.Spock goes Bush look too... or is it Trent Reznor goes camping?

Might be easier to cover your bets both ways, that way when its stinkin hot, freezing cold or pissing with rain you can revert to inner city doof bunny mode and stay dry :lol:

great shots ronny, you got a gift for composition thats for sure

VM

ahhh don't be such a cynic! most doofers like to dress up for the occasion.

i can tell you this much verti, nobody ever looks too out of place, because different fashions are accepted. that's me talking anyway. i just see a bunch of people dressing however they want to without fear of people saying 'look at the freak wearing such and such'.

Some great pictures yet again Ronny. As VM said already, you definitely have an eye for detail and composition. I Especially like the last edition (which I assumed was rippling/rough, water but am still not sure). You also seem to be very intuitive when choosing between colour and black and white. Which ever one you choose seems to compliment each work perfectly.

Great Work Indeed! :)

Stink.

nice pic of jimmy on the cicada juice!

LOVE U JIMMY IF UR READING!

man i really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,really,rea

lly,really miss ega. wish we all couldve stayed out there forever. was heaven on earth for me, probably the happiest ive ever been in my life.

Your photos never cease to amaze and inspire me Ronny.

Incredible!!! :)

lol, I have actually been outside the house once or twice in the last few years Thunder, you smartarse :P

Startin to get borat -like images "what is this doo-oof of which you speakings? ahhhh, for the rapings of the gypsies for the tears?no?".

They all look like lovely peeps, too. Nary a bumbag or poloshirt in sight, and noticeably lacking in boat shoes and knotted cashmere...But within the context of the shots at least, and in my general experience of freaky gatherings large and small, its interesting to see that when "allowed to make their own choices" many people wind up, after long and intensely personal consideration, choosing the same thing as the bulk of their herd anyway.

Got in on the action myself for quite a long time there, til I raelised anyone can wear anything, its meaningless... to hold clothes against someone is just as daft as holding them in someones favour really... but for some reason its cool to do the latter but not the former,usually. Social thing. Diversity within a reasonably narrow range, etc. It's people watching, or just plain species watching.

I'm just tend to be very conscious of uniforms and insignia of rank and station ;) "Culturally embedded symbols of neo tribal unity and identity", is probably a "better" term though :lol:

EGA sounds lovely,Woodford before it died and sold its rotting corpse to yuppie scum, x5 extract of course...regrettably it also sounds like something of a dogsquad olympics waiting to happen, can't be letting the peoples have their quiet time now, it'd go an upset all their hard work. Bastards. Like all natural happenings Iguess, enjoy em while they last and then plant the seeds somewhere different next time.

lovely shots again ronny,

VM

you do have a point. i just wanted to downplay the notion that there is one specific way to dress and that you won't be accepted if you don't conform. there are some very prevalent fashions, but 'fairly ordinary' happens to be one of them too.

actually i heard there was one or two polo shirts present, in the form of undercover cops. a friend of mine had some fun dancing suddenly beside them a few times, so that they'd look alarmed and defensive as though he was about to knife them.

boat shoes... i have seen

oh yeah *note to self* bumbags are objectionable

will have to get me a more acceptable "utility belt"

Oh yeah, same as most gatherings... theres the hardcore, and the weekend hippies, then the rest of em haha. I find the best people to talk to are usually those that worked out awhile ago theres some benefit to "protective colouring"... I tend to avoid professional cop bait.

Sudden movements in the presence of the uptight can be enormously fun... in my trenchcoated days mates and I had big bags of fun walking between armaguard drivers and the truck... ah, memories!

Boat shoes are cool on their own, bumbags the same... its when theyre in combo with a ralph lauren knockoff from bali, some sex offender special cinos and a build like a league playing cane toad that I start to worry, haha.

Much depends on what is in the bumbag too ;) Personally I'm a fan of the standard issue black goffick canvas shoulderbag from the nearest disposal store... manbag, baby.

Holy Stashsacks, Budman! :P

VM

i can't bring myself to wear any form of anything featuring a single shoulder strap.

what's this protective colouring eh?

But it's so much more readily discarded with only one strap ...

Protective colouring ...say, not wearing a Bob Marley shirt when you have a half ounce in your undies...or at least accepting that its a disaster waiting to happen especially in some areas and you can't entirely blame the Man when it does :lol:

VM

Sudden movements in the presence of the uptight can be enormously fun... in my trenchcoated days mates and I had big bags of fun walking between armaguard drivers and the truck... ah, memories!

Hahaha.... Hilarious! You make me laugh Vert, always a pleasure reading your posts. :lol:

Where be thy Ronny? Any new shots for us? Your aesthetic capturing ability has become some what of an addiction... I need a fix!

sign up to oztrance. he's STILL posting pics from raindbow serpent i think. plus you might be able to simply find your way to one of his galleries.