The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mutant

Why Americans are stupid: a guy eats two Espostoas

this dude !!! the view count is impressive though

and to think I have watched a couple vids from this dude and he doesn't seem nearly half as stupid as the typical american... he does videos in jackass fashion, a bit funnier...

the view count is almost as impressive as people idiocy

Some of you might be inclined to believe he's really a bulgarian trying to make americans look bad or something.

Nope. Americans are really like that.

Now imagine being surrounded by them.

fuck that is dumb, Should have done it with a bridgesii or a peruvianus.

Atleast he would have gotten something out of it that way.

hey this dude is quite "good" at what he does, in that he seems to have a healthy dose of sarcasm along with the obvious self-destructive nature of his. If he is a marketing victim/ruler, then more down/up on him ?!??!?

I hated jackass , I remember reading about that film about bumbs (now thats what happens if you read rotten.com as a serious library for tasteless and the extreme.. because you're an afficionado for the extreme and weird) , a film where hobos (homeless) were paid (by the filmakers) to fight with each other or even pull out their own teech for a bottle of whiskey and such sick stuff....

I downloaded the fucker, I was pretty younger then, propably to make sure this shit exists, probably the clostst material to "snuff" ever filmed for me then, even now...

needless to say I didn't really want towatch a whole scene of this thing, and I didnt... but it existed... exists...

and thats just Los Angeles...

FWIW they're going through a severe drought

He has some videos of him eating Bhut Jolokia and Trinidad Scorpion etc as well...I think he's just desperate for youtube fame.

Personally, I think the L.A Beast is a champion. Ive been subscribed to his vids since the early days.

He is silly and very much an American jock but he is funny, genuine and has a big heart. Plus lets face it he can handle eating/drinking extreme things and amounts like no one else around. Particularly chilies.

I think the one where he drinks a gallon of Habanero Tabasco sauce was mind boggling. or the one where he eats 3 or 4 huge superhots in one go, or the 2 gals of olive oil! apparently it leaked out of his butt for days!

Plus he often posts 'aftermath' videos which no one else does and they are often hilarious.

Mutant: I also think Jackass and its associated shows are very low levels of entertainment. Not to mention, most of it just isnt funny.

You can see most of of the cast really aren't enjoying the whole thing, they are just there trying to make money and get famous while Knoxville and Bam bully everyone else and play out their juvenile, sociopaths fantasies under the guise of entertainment.

Bumfights was the pinnacle of that era wasn't it, I watched most of it with some mates and I also thought it was pretty messed up.
Really very sad and a bit upsetting at times. Ive always been interested in the fringe elements of life and love unusual docos but this was just horrible exploitation of some people that were in very hard times.

There is a follow up doco that interviews the 2 main guys in Bumfights and the 2 scumbags who made the doco, its well worth a watch if its something that interests you.

Hate to break it to you, but he's copying a kid "Children of Poseidon" that lives in WA (listen to the accent).

It became a you tube challenge, all those dudes boost each others stats to help each other out so they share challenges, do shared videos etc,.
But yeah COP did do it first I believe along with La Fenix, Wreckless Eating and all the others.

Yeah Bumfights that's it, I had heard about the docu, I am not sure I wanna see it though.. these 'filmakers' are the scum of the earth.. title?

eating stupid stuff or doing stupid stuff to injure or hurt yrself isn't really that interesting to me, its the funny overtone of his persona LA beast that make them a bit watchable.. and a bit funny....

its also interesting and telling of US eating culture... to think this kind of stuff is funny....

I thought the sugarless jelly bears challenge is also funny.

I you wanna see some chilli pepper eating competitions, check out these I was watching yesterday. its not american silly, as its english and its funny

there are lots of those videos... most of them, have the scoville units of each pepper

also in the cactus eating video, LA beast shows extracts of the other dudes that ate cactus and states clearly they inspired him..

bumfights : a video too far?

comment from YT

These videos appeal to the same type of degenerate trash who went to lynching parties, watching black men being tortured and killed while they cheered. Going back to the dark ages, the same human trash would have enjoyed watching the dismemberment and disembowelment of people on the town square, and seeing people being bunt alive. Going back to the Roman Empire, they would have loved the circus, gladiators fights to the death and seeing people being eaten by lions.

im not gonna deny that americans are stupid, there's possibly a higher percentage of dumb americans than there are dumb greeks

but how does that fucker reflect on the entire america? and thus the title of this thread reflects on someone else hrm

Americans are way dumber than that, after all we adopted the most stupid greek idea ever

DUMBOCRACY.. fact is the greek upper class was just as willing to sell the populace down the river when they saw $$$

in fairness you guys are way better at revolution but thats only cause you have more experience

yeah bumfights is a fucking stain on humanity..so is jackass but those are all symptoms

I have to appreciate the greek fighting style tho

if you wanted to pick on our village idiots you should have posted about this

hehehe how old are you man?

first of all, you cannot claim that I am spoiling all of your fun now because "you came here for the cacti not for heated arguements and not to discuss politics", well not in this thread... plus you started a 'politics' arguement (kind of )

sure there are lots of stupid greek videos in YT, is this the best you can do? :P

At least they seem to be having a nice time ridiculing themselves, it reminded me a bit of Monty Pythons and besides noone gets injured or eats a 5 kilo SUVLAKI to get more views...

you want to do a USA vs Greece competition? you put a greek video and I respond with an american one, and so on.... I will squash you... we have only a population of 10 millions... and only learnt to upload vids in YT 5 years ago...

on a more serious comment...

Americans are way dumber than that, after all we adopted the most stupid greek idea ever

DUMBOCRACY.. fact is the greek upper class was just as willing to sell the populace down the river when they saw $$$

in fairness you guys are way better at revolution but thats only cause you have more experience

hey I dont have a fuckiong clue what you're talking about, and only suspect that even you dont know what the heck you're talking about...

democracy is the most stupid idea of ancient greece? yeah?

its pretty natural for people all over the world to know a lot about america.. We have been brainwashed in american fashion and we are brainwashed with your culture to a degree... even if we never been there (and I haven't nor do I fancy to be there) , we have seen so much of your films, wars started from america, that in a way, we are all americans... our humoar has been corroded with stupid American Pie shit, harmless for the system empty of meaning humoar... As a comparison take english self-sarcasm humour: unbeatable...

ANYWAZ

its pretty natural for an american to know nothing about greece, Zambia, Ukrania or any country of the world.. dont feel guilty and dont try to show you know stuff about greece ... if you dont... but please keep doing it, it should be LULZ

PS: there are many american shit I like , mostly films but also

serial killers

us sound systems (traditionally more expensive in europe) like ONKYO, DENON, MARANZ, BOSE speakers

american grindcore

I am sure there are others I am forgetting....

Hey ANdy I watched that docu on Bumfights... very interesting allround.... thanks for the tip...

the burning teens video is fucking hillarious lol

then again you got this one which is fucking brilliant have had lots of laughs... I think this is the original...

lol okay well maybe democracy was a good great idea for the time... but our dynasties here found the most clever

way to exploit the notion of mob rule and well I was just ranting in a poking fun sorta way... theres alot more factors here

and obviously greed is a factor everywhere but we've built entire ideologies around rewarding it to the point that the

religions are unrecognizable.. our kids worship celebrities and our adults worship the market and all the while the poor

fucks are screaming "they need more god in their life" ... psssh

but anyways ur right I don't know shit about greece it was about 5 or 6 am here when I replied and I just wanted to

laugh my way back to sleep... theres a shit ton of greek videos but most of the titles are in greek! so it really wouldn't

be a fair competition lol i'll have to refrain from entering but I do have some Scorpion Morugas! Huge bowl full :P

don't be mad that your culture has been influenced by ours... we have also been influnced by it needless to say...

every school has a few rebels here and well its gotten a bit harder to create original sins so ppl will try shit like

burning and milk crashing ... I remember the good old days... Hell I was kicked out or removed from skool at least 3x!!!

we literally used to do stuff like this, me and my fwiends, you coulda called us crazy or whatever

it was our idea of freedumb tho

we got the biggest high from being chased lol

that fire challenge is fucking hilarious,

they're the sort of people who would huff jenkem

THIS is why americans are stupid:

heres the long version

http://vimeo.com/85948693

http://vimeo.com/48842898

http://vimeo.com/54417979

http://vimeo.com/75784765

is your country/nation/village/community turning this way?

well dont tell me!!! Froyd's uncle created marketing??!??!

I wont comment on the skaters on rampage video.. I will have to be unpleasant if I do..

anyways

this was written by americans... here's another beautiful thing coming from america

Which side you're on SC?

PS: not eating 1500000 scoville chillis...

I'm most certainly not a thug for J.H. Blair... ......

your unpleantness is quite welcome here in the shit section..

isn't that the real you? what better place to express it

go on, what do you think... you hold it against me that I was a wild child?

you asked me before my age, im in my mid 30s now... and of course I don't

ride skateboards through the marts crashing the isles anymore... im way too

matured for that and plus at adult size its harder to get away...

I actually I thought falling on the "isles" (lol you mean the packed goods on a pile, no?) was pretty funny, but they do it only in the opening and begining...

all the other was throwing stuff from the shelves... they dont even seem to be enjoying it... and when they got on the children toys they didn't do anything.. too much hardcore punk?

"im way too matured for that and plus at adult size its harder to get away... "

you definately seem to feel nostalgic about it :P

when I went to the supermarket with my ex-GF , when it was playing some dance song, we waited until we would be alone in the corridor and we danced doing funky-funny moves, up until someone came, so we pretended nothing happened, lol.. this was less than 2 years ago... one of my best memories with my ex, indicating how we both didn't give a shit about "cool" style, because we had our own cool... what a duo we were, damned to last little...

memories memories...

I am all for immaturity and all that stuff you might do in a supermarket, but its got to be smart and/or funny...

Maybe I am too conservative to consider super market vandalism as funny or maybe I was conservative with some things back then too..

I actually thought this video was really indicative of stupid american teens, but then I thought... I have done some stupid stuff when young... not that kind of stuff, but yet... I was never into making people embarassed or hurt them... Its quite ironical that I grew to be exactly that, some times that is....

"not a thug for J.H. Blair"

can you prove it?

have you hit anyone?

you asked if we have this kind of [consumerism/marketing/buiying goods society]

man this is modern capitalism, and USA were totally the best marketeers of it.. this "stuff" exists in all the fucking world... all fucking world...

the docu you suggested seems pretty interesting... thanks

DUMBOCRACY.

Democracy was not a greek idea.

When democracy was first emerging in greece there were several recorded long established democratic republics in the northeast of india. More or less in the supposed "greek style" these hundred(s?) year old nation states let land owners vote politicians into a ruling council that ran the country.

The true age of democracy is unknown as records dont go back that far, but its well doccumented as having been nothing new in the oldest buddhist and jain texts, circa 600 BC. IIRC the pre-buddhist vedic texts also make vague references to what might have been earlier instances of them in the same general area.

Every once in a while when someone wants to reorder a society they use naustalgia for the past to give a false validation to their proposed changes. So in recentish history when the west decided to experiment with democracy they romanticized ancient greek civilization into their example because they were a white male dominated society that lasted a good long time and had spiffy architecture to boot. Thats where the myth of a greek origination of democracy, greek influenced architecture, laurel wreaths, etc. entered into modern western cultures.

Its a trick as old as recorded history, any time a ruler wants to give himself false legitimacy he says he's trying to bring back "the good old days".

3,000 year old texts from china and india have the same thing, rulers bitching that stuffs not like it was in the old days, kids now a days listen to bad music and dress funny, and hey, lets alter society to how I say it used to be so I can coat my throne in gold.