The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Schitztrip

Cough Syrup, DXM in Australia???

I'm doing a research assignment on the recreational use of DXM

I have read the faq on Erowid detailing the drugs in DXM containing cough syrups to avoid.

Are any of you familiar with any brands of cough syrup containing DXM without the other harmful drugs available in Australia? As this would be most helpful for my project.

Also approximatley how much would some one weighing 72kilos have to consume in order to obtain benificial effects?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Robitussin DX is the ONLY one that I know of without the nasties you speak of. You can get this from any chemist. It's the one with the turquoise box.

500-600mg is a good place to start. At 72kilos that should get you a decent third plateau. Every 10mls of Robitussin DX contains 30mg of DXM.

Start with the syrup and then advance to the powder once you have earned your stripes.

well in a dream i used one whole Robitussin Honey Cough bottle and enjoyed it for about 4 - 5 hours! i also smoked mj during the experience. (im 176cm and 62 kg) you might need a bit more

if u choose to experiment with dxm make 100% sure that it *only* contains dxm. it will look something like this on the bottle

DXM HBr 10mg. (per teaspoonful/5mL):

i reccomend that you search for dxm in tablet form...that cough mixture tasted horrible in my dream!!

next time i might dream about 2 bottles of cough mixture or get the same amount in tablet form if possible..i didnt get to see strange things last time...

The only tablets that you will find in Australia that contain DXM actually have a LOT more nasties than they do DXM. Powder and syrup are your only options on this one.

There is a product in the U.S called dexalone but there is no chance you will ever see that in our neck of the woods.

If you try to achieve what you are trying to achieve with tablets you will only earn yourself a stroke or a bucketful of projectile vomiting.

If you research "Chill Space" a little there's a threat "DXM as Aid against alcoholism" which has a lot of information about the subject. Just take 5 mins and follow the topics back to about january 2001.

I also had a weird dream,

In which the 72 kilo guy bought a bottle of Robitusin Honey Cough Syrup and strolled to the park to consume some of it. When he got there he relised that the amount in the bottle was much less than the amounts reccomended to him. "Fuck", he thought, before drinking it all and discarding the bottle. "I may as well go back to Uni as the affects from this amount will be hardly noticeable"

Of course, the guy was wrong, for an hour or so later the effects begun and the guy had a great time, not hallucinating (much), but feeling very out of it (in a good way) and he just enjoyed rolling around the place really.

This lasted for quite a while, actually time semed to go by pretty damn slowly during most parts of this experience. When it began to finish, though, the guy develped a splitting headache but was too scared to take a panadol.

Despite this, he looks forward to increasing the dosage at a later date.

i personally think that robo honey

cough is way to thick and sweet to the

point were the taste is sickening

i think it also has other inactive

ingrediants which in large doses can

make you sick out of both ends frown.gif

the robo honey cough drops also have

these ingrediants with a fair bit of

menthol in them as well

robo DX is the only choice IMO

whenever drinking syrup, at the first

shot i get a sharp headache

i think it's more of a mental thing tho

as it comes on before the syrup has a

chance to enter my system

but a couple of panadeine forte relieve

this

Damn - in the dream the guy threw it away -

but i think it had only DXM in it

although the guy felt like spewing there for a while - and that was from only a relatively small amount

still this could possibly be attributed to the sickly sweet taste.

each 10ml syrup contains 20mg DXM

only 235ml in bottle so that's

470mg DXM

compared to 600mg in robo DX

threw the box away so i can't tell ya

all the inactives and shit

but i think one of them was sacchirim

something or sodium hydroxybenzoate

not sure which one was in the honey

cough

Bah! it hardly seems worth the bother at all then , not to mention the cost.

Im glad I had the good sense to invest in powder back in the day when DXM was my thang.

I actually choked down the syrup about 2 or 3 times and it was yuccckkkkk! redface.gif

Theres another type which i much preffered over robitussin brand... What was it, "Tussinol" methinks. Tussinol wild cherry flavoured. I didnt hafta look very hard either.

The trick to it is to find a Naive young Pharmacist ASSistant who hasn't a clue in the world (Beleive me they are easier to find than bad MDMA) and just spin Her some bullshit story about how mum said you needed specifically ones with 'dekstromeforthephan' because little brother with the non-productive cough reacts badly to anything else... Play dum and everyfing. Then just help yourself, scrutinizing the ingredients of every cough syrup bottle in the shop/suburb/state.

yeah, next time i'm definatley going to avoid the honey stuff.

I think my physical appearence and dress code instantly sends suss messages to the assistants. The first chemist i went into they kept asking what type of a cough i had and i ended walking out with a bottle of bloody Benydral - which i promptly threw out.

What is the powder? Can you just buy it in the chemist? And is the good Robotussin just called Robutussin Extra strength Cough Medicine?

Originally posted by Schitztrip:

yeah, next time i'm definatley going to avoid the honey stuff.

Good idea , sounds like a complete waste of time.

I think my physical appearence and dress code instantly sends suss messages to the assistants.

Who gives a shit , you're not applying for a home loan , you're buying a bottle of cough syrup. You walk up to the counter and say "One bottle of Robitussin DX please." and then you walk out it's as simple as this.

The first chemist i went into they kept asking what type of a cough i had and i ended walking out with a bottle of bloody Benydral - which i promptly threw out.

If they give you the third degree say that you have a dry hacking cough and Robo DX is what you have always used bla bla bla. You shouldn't even have to say this. Just say what i told you to say.

What is the powder? Can you just buy it in the chemist?

I really don't think you have done enough research at all here. It should be in the chemist next to the 2CT7 or the AMT.

No seriously do some more homework. Read the faq's.

And is the good Robotussin just called Robutussin Extra strength Cough Medicine?

I swear to god i must be typing in invisible writing here or something.

Print this out and nail it to your hand for your next visit to the chemist.

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

Thankyou for your time. Add exclamation marks if you desire.

On the topic of DXM, I thought I should add a note, as Im pretty experienced with it.

To start, you are best off doing ONLY Robitussin DX, as people have explained, however you develop a tolerance quickly, so I would not recommend going over 100ml (300mg DXM) for your first dose, because lower second plateau is by far the best (Ive been to 4th).

I would like to do the lower plateaus again, but I cannot feel anything on lower doses, so start low and work up if you want.

On a less positive note, I would not advise even touching DXM (Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide), because it is a synthetic opiate (basically chemically made chemical cousin of Heroin/Codeine).

There are serious long term effects, and noticeable for the next 9 months, however I did not know this until I stopped.

So in conclusion, make sure you know what you are doing, and I do not think that you will get serious side effects from a second plateau dose (100 - 150 ml or 300 - 450mg DXM), but dont go up to or over a full bottle, unless you're prepared for the consequences, because it also causes brain damage at that dose about twice as much as alcahol.

- tryptaminer

I decided to chug a whole bottle of robo DX 600 mg dxm....i im 60 kg and let me tell you a nice setting is a *must*. i was at my friends house and couldnt move for about 3 hours and was worried that some of my younger friends would come over and fuck with my mind...aside from being places that i wasnt and being in a computer game (counter strike higly recommended) it was not really an enjoyable experience.

i dont think i will do any opaite type drugs any more (maybe 1 more time) i dont think they really help you, but maybe i dont know how to receive help from them.

i have to say that i learnt much more from the delerious state brugmansia put me in. my greatest teachers have been in order.. lsa mescaline brugmansia mdma and good old lsd

has anyone really gained anything from dxm???

Originally posted by Chemical Shaman:

[

Who gives a shit , you're not applying for a home loan , you're buying a bottle of cough syrup. You walk up to the counter and say "One bottle of Robitussin DX please." and then you walk out it's as simple as this.

What is the powder? Can you just buy it in the chemist?

I really don't think you have done enough research at all here. It should be in the chemist next to the 2CT7 or the AMT.

CS you absolutely rock.

I swear to god i must be typing in invisible writing here or something.

Print this out and nail it to your hand for your next visit to the chemist.

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

ROBITUSSIN DX

Thankyou for your time. Add exclamation marks if you desire

CS if we didn't have you I wouldn't know what to do with my time

Guest wdb

[

Yes but if you're a teenager things aren't that straight forward. It seems that the Chemists in my area may have been warned about RoboDX abuse as of the 5 that are near me only 1 stock the 200ml version, all other robo's are available in 200ml.

It's a good possibility you'll be questioned about the requirment and possibly steered towards a DXM + guafenison(probaly spelt wrong) if you say you have a hacking dry cough. DXM for the cough and guaf to sooth the throat. IF you were to then say no, DX sounds like the go, they'd be suss, but hopfully still sell it to you.

Just say you have a "dry,tickly cough"

If they ask qns about whether you have any congestion on the chest or such forth the answer is no.

I think if you go to a few of the larger pharmacies in particular the shop assistants & majority of pharmacists wouldn't have a clue.In addition a lot of smaller pharmacies won't keep it simply for turnover reasons.

It's pretty rare to get any real knowledge apart from what you can assimilate for yourself from "health care professionals" ie doctors,pharmacists - most ranges of vitamines & supplements are there for one purpose only - profit - not propagation of knowledge(even their own).

Heaven forbid you find a doctor who not only accepts "alternative therapies" but also believes & understands the concept of best medical & therapeutic outcomes with relation to these therapies & conventional western style corporate medicine...

... & lets not get started on dentists * almalgam fillings .

What was this topic on again ? DXM that's right - dry,tickly cough & you are cannot take codeine or pholcodine (2 other common cough suppressants)

Peace

Originally posted by tryptaminer:

I would not recommend going over 100ml (300mg DXM) for your first dose, because lower second plateau is by far the best (Ive been to 4th).

I have found that lower third plateau/upper second plateau is by far the best. This is how DXM should be used evey single time. I guess thats why the DXM bulletin boards are called "The Third Plateau. Drugs seem to have a very different effect on me than they do to anyone else. I never could really get anything worth while from the lower doses. A noticeable niceness but nothing remotely mind-blowing or enlightening.

On a less positive note, I would not advise even touching DXM (Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide), because it is a synthetic opiate (basically chemically made chemical cousin of Heroin/Codeine).

Yes DXM is an Opiod , a rather safe one at that. If you use excessively high doses on an extremely regular basis you could end up with Onleys Lesions. I don't know if this has actually been proven yet but it's an extremely popular theory and one that I choose to believe. I have not used DXM for an extremely long time but at one stage in my life I was doing upper third plateau doses 3-4 times a week. I was using DXM to help heal a friend who had lost his mother to cancer not long ago and the outcome was incredible. DXM should never be used this frequently and especially not at such high doses (you could probably take out an elephant) but used responsibly DXM is an amazing drug. A lot of people view it as a bit of a "gutter drug" because you can get it in cough syrup but I think it's one of the most amazing drugs in existence. Right up there with LSD.

There are serious long term effects, and noticeable for the next 9 months, however I did not know this until I stopped.

I never noticed this and I haven't used it for well over 9months. This is after going completely cold turkey from excessive use. I guess it's different for everbody. If you sliced me down the middle it would look something like the forensic drug lab had an explosion.

because it also causes brain damage at that dose about twice as much as alcahol.

I seriously doubt this. I would say alcohol is far more damaging to the brain. I have never completely blacked out from just using DXM , I don't wake up the next day feeling like shit etc etc. Call me bias but I think it's pretty safe. I have abused my body and mind far too many times with alcohol and of all drugs this seems to be the most damaging. I say this with extreme lack of respect for moderation , I never could "take it easy" with drinking. Far to many benders. Don't really drink anymore than either.

CS

CS,

I have not known or experienced any physical side affects apart from brain damage, minor though.

After my first 1000mg dose, the next day, I was pretty hungover, not like an alcohol hangover, but I had depleted motor affects and wasnt thinking clearly at all.

I know that brain damage in DXM is from memory 1.8 times worse than alcohol, and the long term effects are definite.

Another negative affect is addiction potential, after my first dose, I had done it again 3 times in the same week.

A serious concern of mine is the long term affects, and if anyone wants to I can send them email addresses of friends in US/Canada, who have experienced with DXM, but even a bit further than I.

DXM was one of the most pleasant drugs I have ever done, but its not ideal because of addiction potential and long term effects.

I just had to inform people about the use of DXM, people need to know...

- tryptaminer

Originally posted by wdb:

[

Yes but if you're a teenager things aren't that straight forward.

Thing is, they are a business and want to sell.

Just walk in and say you want "Rbobotussin DX"

If there are any questions, they're for your mother or afther and you don'y know why, they take it all the time.

hey tryptaminer you must be on the net right now please check your email