The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

morning glory?

Question

hi all was just woundering if someone could id this im pritty sure its a morning glory as it has the same looking flowers sorry i only have this one pick im tring to grow it from a cutting

post-7916-129198827323_thumb.jpg

thanks all

13 answers to this question

Most likely Ipomoea Indica, 'ivy morning glory', noxious weed with interesting neon-like flowers but there is just way to much of it... EVERYWHERE :)

Doesn't produce seeds and propagate by cuttings.

Enjoy :blush:

so no lsa :(

hmm realy

i donno if i should put this someware else but here goes

can any one actually prove there is lsa in it and if so how much and would a simple cold water extraction work or would i have to do stuff with chemicals to get all the little nastys out

It has come to my attention that someone tried to ferment a wine by using 500+ flowers, which is supposed to have a alcoholic and mildly hallucinogenic effect.

After 3 months of fermentation and tests, no effects were present.

LSA is in it's highest concentration in the seed, without any seeds being produced, the vine cannot ergonomically be used in this way.

yet another plant we tried to use as silly teenagers to no affect. I think we tried making tea out of the flowers/buds/ends of the vine. I'm really surprised we didn't poison ourselves back then! I remember even smoking bloody castor oil plant leaves thinking they were datura!!! :blink: man I'm glad we didn't try to eat the seeds of that plant!

We had to rely on books for information back then and books with information about plants was pretty hard to come by save for what could be purchased at head shops or info gleaned from various herbals.

sorry I'm ranting - MG seeds aren't that hard to come by, but not really worth it IMO.. probably better off buying some Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds?

Good on ya for looking at the plants growing around you though, wild crafting is where its at hey... spesh with useful weeds.

peace

the vine cannot ergonomically be used in this way.

:P

I remember even smoking bloody castor oil plant leaves thinking they were datura!!!

peace

:o Lucky you avoided the seeds

aussiejwerta, morning glory is probably not worth pursuing, you'd be better off growing or buying some HBWR seed.

Ipomoea is the phalaris of LSA's. Beautiful to have growing in the collection, but probably not worth your effort if you have other uses in mind.

yea thanks guys i know someone who is sending me 10 hbwr seeds

:o Lucky you avoided the seeds

I know, seriously :unsure: we were really stupid and needed way more help than we got! Save for a few very on the edge jimson experiences we got through relatively unscathed.

Although we did lose a mate to his own hands on the way through.... RIP to that brother.

As stated in your other thread Aussiejwerta please be careful young man, get all the information about these plants that you can before you even think about doing anything with them... the internet has plenty of it and if you take the blinkers off and don't just look for glowing trip reports you will see plenty of horrid ones as well, which IMO is par for the course...

that said who's up for 8 - 12 hours of nausea and heavy body load :puke:

well the only time ive ever been nauses was when i did acid for the first time and that went away pritty quickly but hbwr give u a lot worst nausea than than right?

start low and work ur way up until u find your own level young grasshopper. entheogenic plants are not to be trifled with foolishly, they will kick ur ass badly and seriously if not treated with the respect they deserve.

I think the underlying theme is DO YOUR RESEARCH. There is a plethora of info on the web, such as erowid, dmt-nexus, shaman australis (here), the nook and many many many other places.

People on forums GENERALLY are not willing to spoonfeed n00bs with info that is very easily accessed. Most people here have done their research and accessed information to inform THEMSELVES. Relying on others opinions will not get you very far, and in some cases will see you spending a night in emergency.. or worse.

If ur interested in entheogenic plants, get some seed or a plant, grow it, learn from it, learn what u can about it, then if ur still keen, start low and work up.

Edited by incognito

well the only time ive ever been nauses was when i did acid for the first time and that went away pritty quickly but hbwr give u a lot worst nausea than than right?

Acid is no nausea at all compared to Woodrose

well thats nice to know mabye ill just start with 3 seeds