The Corroboree

Its very sad to watch what could have been good threads degenerate to the nonsensical. :(:angry:

Its very sad to watch what could have been good threads degenerate to the nonsensical. :(:angry:

Agreed Mycot. Seriously people. If you have nothing constructive to say or you're afraid of your sexuality, don't bother commenting.

Edited by triskele

I am married into a monogamous partnership and have never been in the aforementioned open style relationship. I would be too jealous and not see it working so wouldn’t even bother trying as I generally don’t like tormenting myself. If this makes me less of a person so be it.

Our marriage does not stop us from being honest about being attracted to other people as we often discuss our attraction to those around us without any jealousy attached. We have though been married into a monogamous relationship and thus agreed that this form of partnership will provide the most secure environment to raise our family.

I do however find the subject of searching for eternal love interesting. The Muso Chinese have based there entire philosophy and family structure around this search. Families are centered under the mother’s house and all children are raised there irrespective of who fathered the child. Men live in their mother’s house and raise their sisters children. When couples are no longer in love, true love is sort with another.

This being so, the focus of love is still at any one time between two people.

Here is an interesting doco on the Muso

Edited by rahli

http://www.answers.com/topic/incubi-and-succubi

]The idea of spirit beings or demons who take the form of people in order to have sex with human beings is actually very ancient. In Western demonological lore, speculation on such ideas grew out of two short verses in chapter six of Genesis:

[T]he sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took to wife such of them as they chose. (6:2)

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown. (6:4)

In these rather strange verses, the expression "sons of God" was taken to indicate angels. And while scripture does not condemn these actions, the traditional interpretation of these passages is that these sons of God are fallen angels. This history of interpretation provided biblical legitimization for the notion of incubi and succubi. The idea was supported in the Middle Ages by St. Augustine, who wrote:

It is a widespread opinion, confirmed by direct or indirect testimony of trustworthy persons, that the Sylvans and Fauns, commonly called Incubi, have often tormented women, solicited and obtained intercourse with them.

Such demons most often attack/seduce human beings at night, thus conveniently explaining why monks, nuns, and priests have erotic dreams. [

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as I a scientist and being a fair person lets hears the other outlook.

http://demonic.paranormal-or-superstitions...0910172271.html

Completely off topic, but when did STD's become STI's anyway?

I'm thinking it might have been around the time that the government started thinking of selling telstra :huh:

whatever floats your boat

monogamy as a cultural ideal is only really some kind of veneer anyway amirite? try working on any blokey work force, trust me the average aussie male wants to stick his dick in anything that doesn't have one of it's own.

it's appropriate to discuss oxytocin. mammals with higher levels tend to stay with the one partner for life. it's a biological reward and the way i understand it, long term monogamous stand to reap the oxytocin reward because they over time associate the oxytocin reward with their partner, and their partner with the oxytocin reward......... association is pretty simple like this i think, if something makes you unhappy and somebody happens to be in the room every time it happens, you will quickly associate that person with your unhappy feelings, so imagine a life time of strengthening the association between the person you spend most of your time with and the blissful feelings they encourage.

For over 6 months, i've had 3 different women who only sleep with me.

is anyone else doing this honestly, and workably?

If so, how?

What are your beliefs, values and how do you describe you self identity/self concept regarding this?

eg. Does your family know, would you tell your mother?

Completely off topic, but when did STD's become STI's anyway?

i think its because you can have a sexually transmitted infection (and pass it on) without ever exhibiting the symptoms of the disease

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rahli, that made me laugh hard!

GP, sorry nothing to report from me. If it works, do it!

Thunder, Yes - I've heard about oxytocin's effects. amazing the link too between mother and baby.(ie crying triggering breast milk letdown).

Also it reminds me of pheromones and an experiment I saw where women smelt different shirts and scores where given to how attracted they were to the smell. It was concluded that the greater variation in genes corresponded with greater attraction. mmm, how does that tie in with this topic :scratchhead:

i'm not sure it ties in at all even if it is a fair conclusion to draw.

i am finally convinced GP. i have sent a money order, please commence my personal lessons in "NLP several chicks into choking on my cock and fulfil any other fantasy i may have".

I've read here of:

oxytocin, fear, STD's STI's: Loss of face, immorality etc.

But let's face it: have any of you a child?

None of you would have posted the crap you did, and I'm willing to bet that none of you that posted have a child.

Why or how does this change things?

The sexuo-orientic leaves you when you have a child. The existential-death feeling takes a step back another generation.

Polyamory? Sure - but let me ask my wife first....! [it's an old joke]

But seriously, let me ask my son.

Exactly. And that's the factor that, through watching natural history docus [seriously! i have no kid but have thought about it] made me believe that we are not polygamous as I thought before. The beast in most men wants to fuck as many chicks as he can, but I personally believe there are more important things in life, because, like G*P said, it takes energy to try to be a casanova ;) And I would love to ask these G*p girl friends on what's the opinion and relationship they have with oneother... no antagonism?? Not a trace??? :innocent_n:

Yea, as stated above in a round about way -

"We have though been married into a monogamous relationship and thus agreed that this form of partnership will provide the most secure environment to raise our family".

Imagine the the following parent child interaction -

Child - "so Mum who is my father"

Mum - "Well it was either John, Fred, or Bill"

Child - "WTF"

Mum - "Its ok child I believed in free love back then"

Child - " SO FUCKING WHAT, WHO'S ME FREAKIN DAD?!!!

Mum - Typical, I new you wouldn't understand.

The open style relationship is not much conducive to raiseing a family and this is why you'll be hard pressed to find this model of relationship in any tradtional society. Women like the security to raise their children (as shown in the Muso Chinese). Men like to know that the child they are raising is their own blood, so they don't waste time and resource on someone else genetic potential (as shown in the Muso Chinese). And children like to know who their fathers is (unless your a Muso).

But I guess its fun while your young and don't plan on having a family.

But as H I-Brow has stated this will most likely change if you plan on raising a secure family for longer then the 7 year itch.

But really I could'nt care what relationship people want to undertake. But let hope they love and care for those they undertake them with and those that result from them. Yea.

good contributions but many people out there will never have children and where does that leave them?

anyway i don't buy it, fathers can be some of the worst pigs around. this is not directed at members but fatherhood isn't some magic bullet that ends the urge to fuck around. if it is a magic bullet, we must admit it often misses the target.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

many people out there will never have children and where does that leave them? .

Yeah sweet change that to - young and/or don't plan on having a family

anyway i don't buy it, fathers can be some of the worst pigs around.

As stated - But let hope they love and care for those they undertake them with and those that result from them.

Good to see you back thunder, I was starting to wonder where you had got to.

Edited by rahli

i am finally convinced GP. i have sent a money order, please commence my personal lessons in "NLP several chicks into choking on my cock and fulfil any other fantasy i may have".

If i've gotta or even seem to be 'convincing' this crew fuck knows where i'm actually meant to exist.. Wishing I could simply brag, but nah.. its prolly not even true! fuck that. Are you anuva donut puncher too? lol. :wub:

I honestly thought polyamory, and various extreme sexual exploits may have been a natural extension of the entheogenic subculture. (??)

I've seen photos of many pyshconauts g.f's, and I reckon we dont do too bad enmasse. I mean, Mycotpoia's got dudes constantly sending in nude pics of multiple hotties..

We can start lessons a thread around here, if youd like :P

Where shall we begin?

A shift in attitude perhaps?

:wub:

thanks rahli, just a change of circumstances

"I honestly thought polyamory, and various extreme sexual exploits may have been a natural extension of the entheogenic subculture."

of course they are, and this isn't the first discussion to take place here. that doesn't mean everybody will jump at the opportunity. not everybody wants to hypnotise or fool girls into bed, or coerce them into particular acts they'd rather avoid. to some people that is deceptive, manipulative and selfish.

maybe that's not quite what you are talking about but it's the definite impression i've gotten in the time you've been here.

i saw the post you deleted.

i really think that you are trying to dangle some kind of carrot in front of our noses.

Oh wow!

Most of the posts on this page are unbelievable, I had heard the Corroboree forums were a great place for serious discussion.

I don’t want to be to provocative but could we please keep this thread related to polyamory (polyamory is not analogous to ‘crafty trick letting you fuck as many people as you can’)

Sorry Thunderideal,

its easy to take me the wrong way.

I invite you to look slightly deeper.

Maybe into hypnosis/hypnotherapy too.

Many ppl find its far from manipulation- its more about

compelling/ effective communication and self exploration.

So too, perhaps, polyamory..

I dunno, im again posting on an entheogenic board,

hoping we're all slightly freer from dogma and pre-established meanings, than the average punter.

Im glad others read the post I deleted. Hoping to smack some muggles into context.

---

Oh seriously,

isnt extended family, community lifestyling and effective models of sustainable and healthy tribal life

possible in a multiple relationship situation?

the massive challenge for most, seems to be sex?

Ultimately, most of the effective models of living that humanity could employ seem to be avoided through

very precise fear-driven disinformationing.

It seems to threaten the conventional family model, high consuming, mindless hive-mind.

Or moreover, the fragile ego that is required to manipulate and sell en masse.

eh?

Yeh- polyamory is FAR from manipulation. The opposite, in fact. It seems to take incredible individuals that can negotiate love, free from their own selfish shit- in a world that denies truth, and models the separation, and the ego.

Edited by G*P

Everyone is free to make their own "personal" arrangements

That said to speak truthfully on the subject..

Being in the same room as your conventional (resentful) couple

is like trying to feel at ease in a war zone

Sharing time with polywollydingdongamorists is like happy hour in a psych ward

For over 6 months, i've had 3 different women who only sleep with me.

is anyone else doing this honestly, and workably?

There is no honesty but only hypocrisy in passing this off as polyamory. This is more about bragging. When each of these three women are also sleeping with three different men then you may be in a position to talk about honesty and how workable polyamory is.

Edited by Mycot

Also it reminds me of pheromones and an experiment I saw where women smelt different shirts and scores where given to how attracted they were to the smell. It was concluded that the greater variation in genes corresponded with greater attraction. mmm, how does that tie in with this topic :scratchhead:

I've also read/heard that menstruating women might be more attracted to "blokey" men; ie high testosterone, while during the rest of the month they may feel more attracted to more "nurturing" types of men. The theory was that during the highest fertility part of a cycle a woman wants to mate, and let me tell you the days just before and at the start of menses each month are pretty antsy ones. A lot of female friends have also confirmed they tend to get this too.

I've read here of:

None of you would have posted the crap you did, and I'm willing to bet that none of you that posted have a child.

Why or how does this change things?

The sexuo-orientic leaves you when you have a child. The existential-death feeling takes a step back another generation.

Polyamory? Sure - but let me ask my wife first....! [it's an old joke]

But seriously, let me ask my son.

Crap eh? So please tell me why polyamory is exclusive to parents. Maybe "sexuo-orientic"-ness-whatevr left YOU upon becoming a parent. Perhaps polyamory doesn't apply strictly in a physical sense? Why should people ALWAYS without exception become better people upon becoming parents? Many do I'm sure, but it's CRAP to suggest parenthood flicks an personality change switch[Edit] in every case without question.

Oh wow!

Most of the posts on this page are unbelievable, I had heard the Corroboree forums were a great place for serious discussion.

I don’t want to be to provocative but could we please keep this thread related to polyamory (polyamory is not analogous to ‘crafty trick letting you fuck as many people as you can’)

So what's your definition? Why shouldn't the subject of multiple relationships include topics such as

? Perhaps many people are influenced by such things when deciding whether or not polyamory is right for them? Edited by FancyPants

From a medical POV, polyamory with unprotected sex, inevitably leads to inbreeding of children.

Furthermore, recent medical research is showing that the absence of biological father in child's

life leads to child brain developmental retardation, clinical anxiety disorders, premature menarche of daughters, etc, etc.

Men, if you decide for this lifestyle, then male contraception is vital!

good contributions but many people out there will never have children and where does that leave them?

anyway i don't buy it, fathers can be some of the worst pigs around. this is not directed at members but fatherhood isn't some magic bullet that ends the urge to fuck around. if it is a magic bullet, we must admit it often misses the target.

Unacceptable TI

Mothers are overwhelmingly responsible for child neglect, family violence against children, incest to children,

and 1/3 of DNA paternity tests are positive for a different father.

So who's sleeping around TI.

And before you launch into misandry again,

get your facts straight!