The Corroboree
tonic

Duboisia myoporoides

Hi all, I have just put in some Duboisia myoporoides cuttings. I predict there shouldn't be any problems with getting these cuttings to strike. Any tips from people with experience propagating and/or cultivating these from cuttings is appreciated. Was also wondering what sort of interest there is in this species, as I can get plenty of cuttings, and if they are easy, I should be able to produce a number of them for sale or trade.

So basically this is a thread for discussion of the species in general, propagation, cultivation and interest in the species.

Thanks.

I would be interested in hearing your success with cuttings. I think it would be fun to have a few different clonal varieties happening, as I hear this plant has different qualities depending on where it is sourced?

Any chance of some pics showing your technique?

They are looking good so far.

To be honest, I have no idea as to the alkaloid content for this particular plant/plant community. I wont be testing it. I will leave that to the chemists, I think. Yes, I believe that is correct in regards to alkaloid profile and where the plant comes from.

Regarding technique, there isn't much to it, or to see really. I took some small semi hardwood cuttings (about 6) and put them into my aquamiser. I used a propagating mix of coir, perlite and course washed river sand. I can get a pic, but as I mentioned, not much to see. I take of the lids and give a light mist once or twice a day, but it gets pretty humid in there anyway. Though, next time I think I will grab some soft tip cuttings, semi hardwood and maybe some hardwood cuttings too. See which works best etc. When I do this I will get plenty of pics as there will be much more to see and I can write up success/failure as per strike rate by type of cutting etc.

Edited by tonic

This grows readily around the illawarra with te main actives being atropine, scopolamine and hysocyamanine (ref Wollongong native trees by Leon Fuller). He also states it is grown commercially in SE QLD.

How did you go with cuttings mate? These are flowering near me now if anybody is interested on seed

D00d

• Like 1