The Corroboree
Hagakure

Youtube vids

For all Weird Al Yankovic, John Kricfalusi (creator of Ren & Stimpy), & Cake fans - this has a bit of each. Enjoy!

Close But No Cigar

Ethan and his mushrooms from the backyard!!!

this is a great song too!!!

x peace

an advert that is so naff it actually works at being rather funny.

if you don't recognise the song you missed a great decade :wink:

look at this dude's vids! he has some cool points many of us here are prolly aware of..... good info!

btw - this is my 1st reply in months guys! whohoooo I am back! had to focus on learning a new job and doing exams. barely had time to tend the garden.

January 21st 2013 - Tesco Declares War on Denmark

f*king amazing effects... when that crate hit the dirt! :lol: ... for some reason I want to listen to the war of the worlds :lol:

Nabraxas, I smell a Duran Duran fan :lol: , tho I preferred the 70's for music :wink:

For those that thought the jaw harp was just for country music...

Enjoy :lol:

dqd-- yeah the special effect are amazing, but it was the Prince Harry caricature that did it for me. I think the similarity w/the war ov the worlds tripods was orchestrated to get all us oldies feeling the same way :)

As for Duran Duran; Yeah, i hated them at the time, but in retrospect, as far as pop goes, they weren't too bad...AAAGGGGHHH....never thought i'd admit that...trust me it's just the booze talkin'

just askin heh heh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7uXvqfQvNI

i don't know. probably most ov you remember the original cartoon series & those bloody annoying toys that were like the rubicks cube ov the day....well i hadn't heard ov it before now, but Steven Spielburg has made a Transformers movie, & this is the trailer.

it looks like a typically over produced, special effects heavy Spielburg production. Only thing is it also looks totally ridiculous. I found the trailer totally hilarious.

Bose-Einstein Condensates: The Fifth State of Matter

A Bose–Einstein condensate is a state of matter formed by bosons cooled to temperatures very near to absolute zero (0 kelvin or -273.15°C). Under such supercooled conditions, a large fraction of the atoms collapse into the lowest quantum state, at which point quantum effects become apparent on a macroscopic scale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDHv9W0Awl4

just for interest, the forth state ov matter is plasma.

http://www.mindreality.com/seven-states-of...rything-is-mind

Female portraits morphing through the centuries. Very cool.

the truth about 911

The Burda by Imam al-Busiri, is arguably the greatest and most famous classic poem in the Arabic language in praise of the Prophet Muhammad. The name means 'poem of the mantle' or 'of the cloak'. It was written in the 11th century by Imam al-Busiri and forms part of a vast body of literature in praise of the Prophet that emerged from an Islamic culture where seeking knowledge of him was encouraged. Imam Al-Busiri both acknowledges this and the shortcomings of describing the Prophet in the poem itself: "He is like the sun, small to the eye when seen from afar, but when glimpsed close up. It dazzles and overwhelms."

The famous Mamluke minister Ibn Hinna, who served under the legendry sultan Barbys, took Imam al-Busiri under his patronage and freed him to write his poems in material security. However, art often suffers when the artist is freed from suffering, and comes to life when calamities call. His greatest poem would result from a powerful tribulation: he woke up to find he was paralysed; half his body without movement. Suddenly, this man, whose erudition and art had elevated him to the status of prince of poets of his time, was reduced to an invalid unable to rise from his bed. This state of affliction stirred him to write the Burda.

"...I began to contemplate writing a poem in the qasida form, and soon after, I did so as a way of interceding by it with the Messenger of God to God, the Exalted, hoping that he might heal me. I was repeating it often, singing it, calling upon God through it, and seeking intercession with it. During that time, while sleeping, I saw the Prophet, upon him and his family be prayers and peace. He wiped over my face with his blessed hand and thrust upon me his cloak. I immediately got up and left my house. I had told no one of my poem nor of anything I had been doing prior to that. On the road, I met a fellow spiritual wayfarer, who said to me, "I want you to give me a copy of the poem you wrote in praise of the Prophet, upon him be prayers and peace." I responded, "which one?" He said, "The one you wrote during your illness." He then recited its opening lines saying, "By God, I heard it in a vision last night recited in the presence of God's messenger, upon him and his family blessing and peace. It greatly pleased the prophet, and I saw him thrust his cloak on the one who wrote it!" I provided him with a copy, and he began telling others of his vision. Thus its news spread far and wide."

Imam al-Busiri died in Alexandria, Egypt in the year 1295 CE. His grave is well known and is connected to a large mosque. His poem embellishes its walls. The Burda was also engraved on the Prophet's mosque in Madina. There it adorned its walls and reminded believers for centuries before being erased by people who could not comprehend it. There is still one line left that has not been removed:

"He is the beloved whose intercession is hoped for

As arms against a host of relentless calamities.

...without leaving your body ;)