The Corroboree
Ambient

The digital revolution - Unlimited creative opportunities.

PressPausePlay

"The digital revolution of the last decade has unleashed creativity and talent of people in an unprecedented way, unleashing unlimited creative opportunities. But does democratized culture mean better art, film, music and literature or is true talent instead flooded and drowned in the vast digital ocean of mass culture? Is it cultural democracy or mediocrity? This is the question addressed by PressPausePlay, a documentary film containing interviews with some of the world's most influential creators of the digital era."

Interesting & inspirational, definitely worth a watch if you're an artist, have any interest in creativity or todays media sharing & accessibility.

I've just been watching Pendulum play on Later... With Jools Holland

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/?WT.srch=1&WT.svl=TV_iview_au#/arts

I love their energy and their sound, but sometimes I think there is a disconnect between music and political activism, which is one of the traditional aspects of music and storytelling, especially in the shamanic traditions.

I thin part of the problem is not just the economic paradigm that we live in, where musicians feel they have to sell their product to get heard, but also the fact that over the last 30 to 40 decades music has become increasingly tied to electrical energy which is controlled by capitalist corporations and also isn't that easily transported. It would be amazing to have Pendulum turn up at a rally unannounced and start playing some of their stuff at full pelt.