The Corroboree

DELETE

please and thank you. I complied everything into one thread to avoid cluttering seed trading page.

Edited by doxneed2c-me

.... looking for any colored dragon fruit seeds.....

I just ate a pink dragon fruit and sprouted the seeds in a tub of water because they were so large last night,,

it is Hylocereus costaricensis (the only other at the supermarket is hylocereus undatus which tastes bland to me, sadly I havent seen any yellow ones yet)

are you in uk? if so, any asda at the moment has the fruits in, theyre about £3 for 2 though , but krillions of huge viable seeds that germinate fast

much bigger than the seeds in last years fruit by about 5-fold. (like comparing a tricho seed to a grape seed)

if your'e not in uk...(guessing by the spelling of colour in "coloured dragon fruit seeds")

do you have information on cleaning the seeds?, I could provide hundreds if I knew a way to efficiently clean them...

I use a colander or a fine screen and fine the seeds through the screen or yoh can rinse the fruit material though the screen. I typically use a colander followed by a screen. I will post pictures of my tools tonight. And I can buy a dragon fruit here for sure. I will see if I can get any to sprout.

• Like 1

ace! I love hylocereus, theyre a lot of fun :),

the costaricensis (pink flesh one) is less hardy -temperature wise and a little slower but has such pretty cotyledons and imo the nicest fruit/looks/taste

I grow this one in 90-100% humidity now I've experimented with it ... in with the chocolate and salvias and psychotrias and coffee..

(max day 35C / min night16C) and they seem to prefer compost (i use the garden centre's equivalent of miracle grow compost)

and I feed them like tricho's after 2 months ..

the white fleshed one (undatus) is hardy - at least for an outdoor unheated uk greenhouse.. and grows faster but does a lot better on a windowsill for winter

My kids grew some that are huge compared to mine lol

also I dnno if you have children or lil ones that like to help you gardening, but they particularly love hylo's, not just for the growing seed from fruit factor,

but also you can touch the spines and they dont hurt :)

at least so far after 2 years this is still true. -edit- i repotted the kids undatus and they prickled a little bit , would've prickled little fingers more

I can't wait to get my hands on a yellow dragon fruit (megalanthus) and learn from them too, although I gather theyr'e spiney fruits

Know of any other cool cacti fruits from supermarkets/shops/restaurants?

And thank you for the seed cleaning tips!, I have one pink dragon fruit left so I might press what I can thru a sieve into a jug/glass and rinse the rest

tonight ,

oh yeah, these larger seeds than usual; are much softer than the ones I'm used to as well as being thrice the size at least,

I'm wondering what the oil can be used for from them,

if anything like opuntia ficus indica seed's oil (skin care products) ,,,,

might be nice to press some and test it on the back of my hand...

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

I bought a dragon fruit and took out the seeds with my technique so that I can post a descriptive guide on how to do it. I ate half the white dragon fruit and loved it and now I have seeds to plant. 1/4 are sitting in water, 1/4 are sitting in fruit material, 1/2 are dry.

If anyone can suggests sources for the pereskia please let me know. I am looking for a few other things but the pereskia espescially.

I'm after some L. Williamsii seed. I bought some from an online store. They just would not germinate. :unsure: I had Pedro seeds i got at the same time that sprouted with no issues.

I'm happy to trade or buy.

If anyone can suggests sources for the pereskia please let me know. I am looking for a few other things but the pereskia espescially.

I will hopefully be stopping by a private nursery in a couple weeks that I know the owner uses Pereskia as grafting stock. I'm interested in getting some myself, so I'll try to pick up some extra if it's available

There are tons of places with Lophophora seeds =P

I have bought some from two sources, They must be old as i cant get them to germinate at all.

Odd my reading lead me to believe that perekia wasn't amazing for grafting. It is very obscure and I want to give it to my father as gift.

Perhaps it is, but I'm very interested to try just about everything for grafting. Either way, I will let you know :)

• Like 1

I would need seeds because it is near impossible to import plants. I'd appreciate if you asked about seeds

I would definitely be willing to buyPereskia tampicana seeds.

If anyone sees any for sale please let me know.