The Corroboree
inti

My trichocereus seedling victoriously pulverizes a FLY !

Hi Shamans :)/>

I just wanted to share with you guys my story and photos from my garden adventures today.

Well it was my usual saturday. Doing odd jobs and hanging in my garden with plants, cacti and my red cattle dog.

As I do my usual cacti seedling inspection. Check out the spring growth spurt. (plant bonding time ;P) I discover what appears to be a fly sitting ontop of one of my small cactus" a few months back.
I go in for a closer to look at this fly as I am curious as to what he is doing. He doesnt seem to be moving at all. He seems to be up to something i wonder...??
Then I discover that this fly is actually dead ! I take a further closer look to try and determine the cause of death....???

PULVERIZED BY A TRICHO SPINE ! :devil:/> :devil:/> :uzi:/>

I was blown away ! the spine has pierced straight into the flys chest cavity. It would have been instant death for the poor little fella ! Like a stake in the heart. Vampire slaying style.
Was this some kind "plant symbiosis warfare" f**king awesome !
GO THE cactus! :worship:/> This little fella is gonna be one tough seedling when he grows up. I am sure he did his bros / & cousins in the pot proud ! :P/>

I got my camera a got a few close ups. Enjoy !
:)/> :)/> :shroomer:/>

Edited by trichoshaman
  • Like 11

Iv seen the same thing with a gecko - its kinda funny, but brutal. Spines are a cactus' main defence mechanism

Game over

Tricho 1 - Fly 0

• Like 1

Shame it doesnt work on snails :BANGHEAD2:

• Like 5

Shame it doesnt work on snails :BANGHEAD2:

or caterpillars..... I found one today had eaten the top of two of my peruvianus seedlings :ana:

it's like sticking a head on a pike,

"behold the fate of those who dare cross me!"

• Like 4

it's like sticking a head on a pike,

"behold the fate of those who dare cross me!"

bwwwwwhahahahah (evil laugh)

yes i will stand a tricho at each corner of my empire with a pulverized fly on top.

the flies will know not to mess with the sacred green trichs!

Edited by trichoshaman
  • Like 2

Do any cactus experts out there know if the Tricho cactus spines actually have anything toxic/venom/poison etc on the tip that goes with the prick ?

I have had plenty of spines in my hands whilst re-potting etc. Goes with the territory. haha. So i guess if there is i am pretty much immune to it by now anyway.

I wonder if there is a " human / trichocereus symbiosis " .... gives us the sacred wisdom of st.peter...in return we assists its evolution and survival.

it seems many fellow tricho cactus collectors seem to be like myself kind of addicted / obsessed with the future propagation / cultivation / evolution of this species.

or maybe I have been in the garden to long & drinking to my "infused teas" shall i say :shroomer:........ and thinking :scratchhead: to much.... mmmmmmm

oh maybe i should go tune into commerical tv in my lounge room and let someone else do my thinking for me... :P

Edited by trichoshaman
  • Like 1

Lol. Would've been even cooler if it went all the way through, Hot Fuzz style :devil:

hot-fuzz_480_poster.jpg

Edited by Alice
  • Like 3

Lol. Would've been even cooler if it went all the way through, Hot Fuzz style :devil:/>

hot-fuzz_480_poster.jpg

oh my....

i am sure thats ketchup ! hehe