The Corroboree
Pedro Williams

Roadside Drug Swabs

Only the paranoid survive.....

Hahaha so true! best quote, I'll be using that one next time someone gives me shit for being careful.

I did read a news story a few years ago saying how a lot of people admit guilt before the are even actually tested.

It's an easy trap to fall in to if you don't know you're rights, I've done it a few times with small traffic fines in the past

- For all states in AU - If you're not under arrest, they only have the right to obtain you're full name & address - otherwise DO NOT help them do their chosen profession, there is nothing you can say to an officer that will help you, they WILL use it against you in court. (This said, cooperate as much as you can, while maintaining you're rights & don't piss them off).

i have no sources to support this, but i think i remember seeing on channel 9 news when they were first introducing the drug testing regime, that one of the biggest problems with the proposed system is that people can was their mouths out with vinegar just before doing the test to nullify the reading or something. i've never tried it and don't know if it works or not. can't really hurt to keep some white vinegar in waterbottle in your car or something though i guess.

also, i've heard some peculiar stories from my friends who have been drug tested. one guy i know went to the drive-in's with some friends , and they were smoking weed etc. they had to go through a drug bus on the way home, and they openly admitted to the officer that they were stoned. the bong was in clear view etc. first test was positive for methamphetamine. which he obviously denied. the officers knew he was stoned. they tested again and it came up positive for something like MDMA?? or some other drug, that wasn't marijuanna. the cop then said to him ' if you test positive a third time, i have to charge you with whatever it shows up '. the cop said to him the test was wrong or something, i don't know. but he ended up letting the guy go with a fine for " driving without a licence " , when the guy had a valid licence and everything (????). they knew they were stoned and let them off. my friend also said the police officer said something along the lines of " if your going to smoke, do it in your own home out of the public eye ".

but it just goes to show, the test is ridiculous. it gives false readings and multiple different readings. it's unreliable.

I was in the car when a friend got breath tested. We were pissed as hell but she tested negative. She swears it was the ketamine/MDMA pill she'd taken just before, so eyes wide as beach balls she drove off laughing. This seems kinda dubious to me... more likely a broken test?

i have no sources to support this, but i think i remember seeing on channel 9 news when they were first introducing the drug testing regime, that one of the biggest problems with the proposed system is that people can was their mouths out with vinegar just before doing the test to nullify the reading or something. i've never tried it and don't know if it works or not. can't really hurt to keep some white vinegar in waterbottle in your car or something though i guess.

also, i've heard some peculiar stories from my friends who have been drug tested. one guy i know went to the drive-in's with some friends , and they were smoking weed etc. they had to go through a drug bus on the way home, and they openly admitted to the officer that they were stoned. the bong was in clear view etc. first test was positive for methamphetamine. which he obviously denied. the officers knew he was stoned. they tested again and it came up positive for something like MDMA?? or some other drug, that wasn't marijuanna. the cop then said to him ' if you test positive a third time, i have to charge you with whatever it shows up '. the cop said to him the test was wrong or something, i don't know. but he ended up letting the guy go with a fine for " driving without a licence " , when the guy had a valid licence and everything (????). they knew they were stoned and let them off. my friend also said the police officer said something along the lines of " if your going to smoke, do it in your own home out of the public eye ".

but it just goes to show, the test is ridiculous. it gives false readings and multiple different readings. it's unreliable.

and pd said"

"Just keep swapping him till we get a hit cuntstable,

"

a false negative for an alcohol breath test?

crazy...

<div style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">

<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">I've heard bubble-o-bills can set off a bretho.</p>

<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "> </p>

<p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">Iv'e also heard about the vinegar for swab tests, the original source of info came from someone working in the dept. don't know who it is this is all just word of mouth so it might be BS. But the person that told me about that isn't one to spread shit without it coming from someone they trust.</p>

</div>

<p> </p>

<p>Whos gonna be the guinea pig? lol</p>

Ummmm

What the fuck is up with my post?

:scratchhead:

a false negative for an alcohol breath test?

crazy...

Yeah probobly the luckiest girl alive. It was one of the ones where you speak not blow.

I'd written a post which didn't properly send..stating that I have every intention to simply refuse said tests.

I drove around the corner, and straight through a drink/drug test.

"Speak of the devil.."

Lucky I didnt have to play my human rights card. My human rights card is "fuck off, only the women of my choosing get anywhere near to my body fluids".

Fortunately the jedi mind trick worked as good as ever. "I am not the droid you're looking for..move along".

• Like 1

My mum had the same thing happen to her Mickey.

They asked if she had been drinking she replied "yes 2 glasses of red wine over an hour & a half" & the test registered 0.00, they asked if she was sure she had been drinking, again she said yes they tested her again then told her something was up with the machine & he would have to take it back to the station & they just let her go.

The Hemp Embassy used to have a bit on their site where they bought a heap of the exact same swabs cops use & tested them on people who had been smoking, hydro vs bush, smoked 10 mins ago vs 1 hour vs 6 hrs, eaten vs smoked, etc & the results were all over the shop. Can't find it again now though.

Those swabs are dodgey as fuck.

Tassie has really amped up using swabbing steering wheels for detection of likely candidates . No positive hits heard of yet.

No idea of the test reaction, or if this can stand alone in court. Could prove a problem for users that have used and driven prior to being pulled over.

Watch for this one brothers and sisters coming from a government near you....

FYI - how this archaic shit works legal wise .... .pdf fact sheet.

http://www.google.co...Tcz-zzQ&cad=rja

Now that is just fucked up.

Who the fuck are these cunts?

• Like 3

U spend a FORTUNE to drive on the roads to the gov and peeps get jobs, wars fought and children slain for our evil consumPtion and now this. Guess not that wise to drug drive, and a lot of straight people shouldn't have licenses.

Edited by incognito

I have to love the fact that now I can expect the use of "reasonable" force to allow the swabbing of

my steering wheel at the whim of a fresh out of academy uniformed kid on a power trip.

Doesn't matter if I do or don't, it the fckn principle of the matter.

"Got a few environmental stickers on that ute Bob, better swab the steering wheel of that greenie"

I might ask them to clean up the dashboard and the windscreen while they are at it, the "urban assault vehicle" could probably do with it.

Cheers

WB

• Like 1

Will the new steering wheel swabs test for cocaine?

maybe it'll even the playing field out a bit.

My mum had the same thing happen to her Mickey.

They asked if she had been drinking she replied "yes 2 glasses of red wine over an hour & a half" & the test registered 0.00, they asked if she was sure she had been drinking, again she said yes they tested her again then told her something was up with the machine & he would have to take it back to the station & they just let her go.

The Hemp Embassy used to have a bit on their site where they bought a heap of the exact same swabs cops use & tested them on people who had been smoking, hydro vs bush, smoked 10 mins ago vs 1 hour vs 6 hrs, eaten vs smoked, etc & the results were all over the shop. Can't find it again now though.

Those swabs are dodgey as fuck.

Wow! Wonder if they could use this as a legal defense?

How many other countries have drug tests for drivers like this! Australia is seriously one of the strictest countries. Wish it was more progressive with it's drug laws.

I think I've been road-side drug/swab tested twice in around the last 3 months.. Lake Macquarie area..

3 years ago my buddy had a road side swab test in the Newcastle area.

He had toked up 20 mins before being pulled over and had a really nice buzz going.

After the scare of his life he passed the test and was free to drive away.

Strange

What about if you munged on a hot chilli or something just as you were being pulled over ? Maybe that would mask the MJ ?

I'd say,... try it and let us know about it. Just have some of those ultra hot chillies handy for when I see the swabbing police officers.

no swabbing here....... Cops should be able to determine if the amount in your blood (like with alcohol) if they are going to take your license.

An exponential spate of individuals refusing to be tested...

that is what a person might like to see more and more of..

innocent prospectors dashing up into the hills, while their comrades sit idly by and watch the benny hill style pursuit.

Plenty of Gold for everyone.

Just not for taxes, police states and corrupt systems.

• Like 1

listerine for pot, hold it in mouth as long as you can or at least 30 seconds, dont rinse mouth, wash hands also

for other google: fast detox test

Have you tried this then ran into an rbt? I thought listerine has alcohol in it