The Corroboree
GorrilaGardener

Any brisbanites or sunny coasters hike the glasshous mountains?

Just wondering if there are any members in the Brisbane area that get out to hike the glass house mountains regularly?

• Like 2

I try do go into the forestry at least a month .The whole somerset dam area has some amazing walks

• Like 2

and water holes

You will have to come for a hike with us sometime red? Epic views my friend. Speaking of water holes do you kayak?

Nah. Tried 2 climb Tibrogargan but chickened out when I got 2 the vertical cliff face... even though young kids were passing me with no fear whatsoever. Have 2 give it another go one day. Would be up 4 kayak sometime if u no some good spots.

• Like 2

Nah. Tried 2 climb Tibrogargan but chickened out when I got 2 the vertical cliff face... even though young kids were passing me with no fear whatsoever. Have 2 give it another go one day. Would be up 4 kayak sometime if u no some good spots.

Don't sweat it Chainsaw, I chickened out the first time i attempted Tibro also! once i got the balls to give it another crack i was surprised how easy it was... also the view really makes it worth it at the top :drool2:

It helps if you go with someone who is confident also. I haven't been kayaking in a while but im keen, especially with the weather warming up. I've only really hit up North pine river and Caboolture river. Both are nice long paddles.

Where do you usually go mate?

• Like 1

Here's some panoramic pics i took from the top of Mount. Beerwah, on a recent trip up the east face summit trail. Most exciting trail i have done yet!

post-15828-0-32475200-1447833808_thumb.j

post-15828-0-25731600-1447833844_thumb.j

*for some reason the file size's have reduced from 2mb and were much larger when uploaded... anyone know how to fix that?*

you can see Tibro mid-right in the first pic and far left in the second pic Chainsaw :wink:

post-15828-0-32475200-1447833808_thumb.jpg

post-15828-0-25731600-1447833844_thumb.jpg

post-15828-0-32475200-1447833808_thumb.jpg

post-15828-0-25731600-1447833844_thumb.jpg

Edited by Schoey88
  • Like 1

there is a nice little cave up top of tibro. keep walking till the end of the track and follow rock crevice downwards. take about 6 meters of rope and a way to climb it to get back to the top =) great place for a quiet smoke :wink:.

in fact there are many caves there. Even in my climbing days, i didnt bother to get up that face. tibro can be intimidating without good footwear, or bear feet. crookneck even more so. it can be done without ropes like all the rest but most dont have the balls for it. including me these days...

crookneck also has some awesome "organ pipes" to climb on the backside of it. good for those that love overhang climbs as i used to!

Note- if you mob getting out that way, might wanna leave ya car unlocked so i can have a better look inside :huh:. nah seriously though, heaps of crooks up there better they dont smash ya car to rummage through your stuff. take it from me about this. i used to go up there evry weekend to climb years back, 8 outa 10 times my car would get brocken into, stuffing locks, paint, windows etc. one fine day i made my way up there with a nice hard bar, and waited in the bush for like, 4-5 hours for those C*nts, they drove past, in a shell of a car (no doors etc) slowed down, got me excited, then sped off.. im sure they didnt see me. how could they? i was well hidden. they were going to have a nice few days in the cold bush naked, fed water only till i felt they had learned their lesson. then released. the bastards...

• Like 2

i love canoeing but don't have one atm as i got a tinnie .but i can borrow one so if you have one maybe we can do the brisbane river from dam to colleges crossing

• Like 2

there is a nice little cave up top of tibro. keep walking till the end of the track and follow rock crevice downwards. take about 6 meters of rope and a way to climb it to get back to the top =) great place for a quiet smoke :wink:.

in fact there are many caves there. Even in my climbing days, i didnt bother to get up that face. tibro can be intimidating without good footwear, or bear feet. crookneck even more so. it can be done without ropes like all the rest but most dont have the balls for it. including me these days...

crookneck also has some awesome "organ pipes" to climb on the backside of it. good for those that love overhang climbs as i used to!

Note- if you mob getting out that way, might wanna leave ya car unlocked so i can have a better look inside :huh:. nah seriously though, heaps of crooks up there better they dont smash ya car to rummage through your stuff. take it from me about this. i used to go up there evry weekend to climb years back, 8 outa 10 times my car would get brocken into, stuffing locks, paint, windows etc. one fine day i made my way up there with a nice hard bar, and waited in the bush for like, 4-5 hours for those C*nts, they drove past, in a shell of a car (no doors etc) slowed down, got me excited, then sped off.. im sure they didnt see me. how could they? i was well hidden. they were going to have a nice few days in the cold bush naked, fed water only till i felt they had learned their lesson. then released. the bastards...

You climbed Crook Neck Ghosty? thats epic dude! I have dreamt of getting to the top of that bad boy, but alas have only scouted out the base of it. got to the start of salmons leap and shat myself on the over hang (no gear with me), but was still awe inspiring to see up that close. I dont know what it is, but there is something about those mountains.... wish i had the cash to buy land there :(

Its funny that you say about thieves mate, i know there are signs at the car parks of most of the mountains warning of thieves. In saying that, in the 8 years or so i have been climbing them i have never once had an issue with people messing with my car whilst i was venturing up the crags. Sucks to hear though mate, there are some real c*nts out there unfortunately

• Like 1

i love canoeing but don't have one atm as i got a tinnie .but i can borrow one so if you have one maybe we can do the brisbane river from dam to colleges crossing

Yeh mate i have one, havent had it out since last year though... hopefully still water tight haha. yeh mate I'm keen to jump in with the bull sharks :P

• Like 1

i can borrow one so if we talkedabout it at the meet would be good to get a few together i know the ban man loves canoing .

shit i hope we dont have a deliverance kayaking trip! Just remember if you see a retarded kid playin the banjo like hes joe satriani on your way in, turn the fuck around! haha.... im not good at pig squealin' anyway :P

• Like 1

so do i plus a assortment of small arms maybe a SAB hunting trip

• Like 2

I distinctly remember falling down one of the glass house mountains years ago when trying to climb it. Fell a good ten metres and messed up my ankle fairly badly. Insane experience grasping at the cliff face while freefalling.

The hike was nice though.

• Like 1

I distinctly remember falling down one of the glass house mountains years ago when trying to climb it. Fell a good ten metres and messed up my ankle fairly badly. Insane experience grasping at the cliff face while freefalling.

The hike was nice though.

Holy shit dude! At 10 meters your lucky your not dead. Although I have been fortunate enough not to have had any close calls myself, I have witnessed friends have near miss experiences on the mountains and it definitely reminds you of the attention you must pay when undertaking such dangerous activities. But getting to the top is always worth it for me, no better feeling( well maybe there is ;) ). Just remember to know and climb only to

Your limits, and if possible try to climb

With someone more experienced to put your mind at ease :)

this was the round i was talking about yesterday at the meet its a small cheap round but it packs a punch . the bullet

head is about 18 grains which is a light round but great for plinking or rabbit hunting

So it still has a partial copper projectile? Looks like plastic at the tip? Looks like it would pack

Some punch for the projectile - cartridge size.

yeah rimfire ammo is great as it is so cheap i like the 22 love it one of my favorite calibers but the hmr17

has caught my attention as a great cheap round .Awesome for a entry level shooter or expert who is

sick of wasting heaps on ammo