The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mutant

awesome greek music

Genia tou Chaous = Chaos generation - legendary greek hc-punk band

TA LOGIA = THE WORDS (CHAOS GENERATION)

http://www.discogs.com/artist/578802-%CE%93%CE%B5%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%AC-%CE%A4%CE%BF%CF%85-%CE%A7%CE%AC%CE%BF%CF%85%CF%82

live 2009

studio LP 2012

live 2009

studio 2012

these are two for the lastest songs of what perhaps is the single most important greek hardcore-punk band of the 80s, which came back in 2009 to play live and also give us 3 more songs.. , 2 of which I present you here...

• Like 1

this is an older song, from the 1st LP, 1986 song, which they play pretty impressively...

the song is about religion... I should be making YT videos to translate these really precious lyrics that so much affected me when I was younger

TITLE: MEDALS OF PARADISE

and the old 1986 version

and also a taste of older , more hardcore prostest songs

TITLE: SOCIAL SUBPRODUCTS

Chaos Gen, quickly evovled from the US VS THEM pattern, and went on for mor personal and individualist approach to their lyrics, as their music when more and more individual, and perhaps dark, reflecting the difficulties these pioneering musicians had to go through in idiot conservative greece... that lead to theri decicion to break up, split, in 1989....

Easily arguable , one of the most important greek bands, and I am pretty sure the latest recordings they made, even though snobbed at by most greek fans, will be appreciated more and more in the future, that's why I talked about an english translation of those fine lyrics that still resonate in me, as they resonated back then..

and since I started with punk I will go on like this... one of my faves when young

lyrics are on the medievil psychiatry in greece on ~ 1982

you can make out the words psichiatri = psychiatrists and psichiatria = psychiatric wards

LEROS is the greek island (pretty awesome seefood and fishing sites) where a big psychiatric centre was located.

greece, so small, but so interesting

ANTI - legendary electro punk band with unique sound

this band is even more strange and it had huge influence in my life.. both musically and vocally lyrically...

this is 80s electro punk like noone else played... bass , vocals and 2x keyboards

so more folky stuff from greece the land of democracy!

pioneer mushroom researcher and multitalented icon of modern greece, George Konstantinidis in mbouzouki, covering a traditional greek song

awesome piano perfomance and female vocals dy Despoina

the song is slowly a success as more and more bands play it and the tune is known

awesome female musician mixing folk and modern stuff

one of the most unique working musicians , Thanassi Papakonstantinou

the Jimmy Hndrix of Laouto , Michalis Tzouganakis

cretan music in a unique approach by this special musician

Edited by mutant

and ULTRA FUCKING GREAT AND ULTRA TRADITIONAL, from Ipeirous , greece, what great music

• Like 1

legendary hardcore crust band FORGOTTEN PROPHECY

• Like 1

one of the best and most widely respected hiphop crew, Psychodrama 07

they're hardcore, indeed, and this song is awesomely hardcore and out of control

but in general the crew is more political and not so much into battle rap...

This is cool.

Any Greek psychedelic rock or Greek progressive rock you would recommend?

hmmm I could recommend very cool german things on that, but I suppose we got some stuff like progressive rock from the 70s...

unfortunately not all of the are very rock, but they are all old... and greek...

some of them could be also regarded as "greek new wave" as they used to call it..

all come from some of the most important greek composers

one of the best greek composers, propably my fave . dont reall have any to compete in my book

this is an old song, sung wondefully by this new icon Rita Antonopoulou

she alone as a presence and voice and tamperament it seems

led the composer to bring out older and more political songs

many sung by legendary left-wing songs singer and political icon Maria Dimitriadi

these were my best songs, as I follow the discography of Mikroutsikos,

and hey how lucky could i have been ?

am lucky as old judgements prove right one by one...

or is it not luck?

Edited by mutant

true battle rap from 3 legend greek MCs

awesome!!!! some great songs. i love greece

its okey I guess.. I am considering leaving , lol!

• Like 1

Leaving Greece? How sad. But you and 300,000 other Greeks in the last couple of years. Come to Darwin with the 90,000 newly arrived Greeks. Lots are from Kalymnos.

Ahhhh Kalymnos... a poor island, compared to most of its neighbouring islands....

Rumoured to feature some of the most traveled people (lots of immigrants to all the world) and some of the most crazy people...

Am considering leaving, but its too early to tell... I might stay here and live the real thug life!

Some doctor friend found an amazingly well paid job in oz, but his wife doesn't want to go, even for a year or so..

PS: greeks are everywhere, but you know, greeks are idiots... If I ever came to oz, it would be for you people!

Edited by mutant

What do you mean ":you people"". Ti les re si. I am Greek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

oh :) really greek or a 2nd generation ozzie-greek hybrid? ever been in greece?

"patrida einai ekei poy einai h kardia" (greeklish)

it might be cool to claim you are greek when you are abroad

but really

only nationalists feel that "proud" way when living here...

if you ask me, its good to be greek to come every few years for holidays

and its even better to have a second nationality..

FUCK GREECE ;)

I am a first generation Greek and VERY proud to be one. I know Greece has lots of problems/issues but I can't help love the country in spite of its madness.

And yes, I come to get a fix every year in Greece and love the experience. But Australia is my home now and accept it but i kardia einai stin Ellada. What can I say. It is how I feel.

I have met many "new" arrivals here from Greece and the sad thing is that they "hate" Greece. They are not interested in anything Greek either music or anything else. I guess I can somehow understand how they feel but if all the young, professional intelligent and creative people leave Greece how the hell is it going to improve!!!!!

So you were born in greece? how old did you leave to oz?

too many issues here to discuss...

1. I could never understand ethnic pride. why be proud about something that is totally random. I guess its easy to be proud of being greek if you only come here for holidays...

2. new arrivals (new immigrants) aint so strange to "hate" greece... I mean, their home-land more or less forced them to leave. Kicked them out... I could have left years ago. But I love it here. sea, mountains, perfect weather for gardening... Berlin is nice, but.....

3. I dont hate Greece, but I am not proud to be greek ... If something, a greek should be ashamed of the low-levels this ancient civilization has reached... So I dont hate greece, but I dont really "like" greeks.. would be nice to have a second homeland, and in a way , I consider Berlin,Germany it.. (have lived for couple months there)

4. what ever ones' say, immigrants are doomed to slowly loose their bonds with the homeland, especially if they dont visit at all. 1st generation immigrants are still 'greeks' that slowly hybridise, but greekness or whatever fades in second gen people.. Nationality is one of the most overrated things... Now culture is another thing.

5. Be proud of what you have archieved on your own!

6. I have a friend that moved to oz and is a new arrival. She was born in oz though and left when one, so she had the nationality. I think she is Melbourne .. her son is still here, but I think he will be going there sometime soon..

Edited by mutant

I was born in Greece in Katerini which is my mother's home town. She came to Greece from Asia Minor with her family and settled in Katerini. My father was from Veria. I came here when I was very young, Not telling my age :wink:

Although most Greeks came here because of financial reasons I believe my parents did not. I actually believe many people leave their homeland for many different reasons, financial not being the main one. I have found that when I talk to people who have come here you find they all have a story to tell and if they open up to you, you find the real reasons they are here.

I can understand when you say you love to live in Greece. I love all those things as well. I don't think I am a nationalist when I say I am proud to be a Greek. I love the culture, the history, the music. But I do understand why all the young people are leaving. How can you stay in a country that cannot offer you anything, no future, no job, no home. However in saying this, how does Greece change for the better if these people go????

Australia does not compare to the beauty of Greece. I am in awe of the little villages, the islands, the tiny streets, the flowers in the old oil tins near the doorways. I have travelled to many countries and I could not imagine living in most of them. I have a sister who lives in Athens and she lives in Greece for the things that you say you love as well. She has problems with the Greeks themselves but the country is a different matter. She has travelled all over Greece and when I come over we travel to many different places that she has visited and liked. As an examiner for an english university she has travelled everywhere in Greece and really loves it but sadly the current situation now has made her feel quite unhappy. She is returning to Australia to see if she can live here again.

By the way, I do understand when you say you dont "like"Greeks. However, I have had some very positive experiences when travelling in Greece, I once met a university professor travelling from Thessaloniki to Athens on a train. We talked all the way and he was so interesting and an amazing person. And such a small world, we both know someone who lives in Adelaide.

I better go and do some gardening. The spring weather is almost here and my garden is huge. Needs lots of love and attention. Geia sou.,

greeks are alright, as long they're not they regular greek idiots...

greece having so many islands, and villages and being mountainous and all

still reserves some "authenticity" OK

I choose to see Greece as the place, the waters, soil, mountains, woods, flora and animals.

thats greece. also greece is a place in the map...

greek culture, now its another things

and its funny/interesting/whatever

that such a small country would have so many differences from town to town and island to island...

I still dont see something to be proud of...

OK greece is a cool country...

feeling LUCKY, but not PROUD, to be here at this place, this time...

lucky lucky sagi

here a song

legend composer sing 3 songs in a row