The Corroboree

Being a some what recent addition to the world in terms of countries and culture and or lack thereof :P Im genuinely interested in peoples thoughts of what they think will become of Australian culture and society within the next 100/500/1000 years what does the future hold in your minds for our grandchildren great grandchildren etc etc?

Edited by -YT-
  • Like 1

IMO we're all going to become a single race and then some evil dictator will use sites like my ancestry dot com to conduct ethnic cleansing.

But the planet is gonna be flucked anyway so people will be better off dead no matter what happens.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

IMO we're all going to become a single race and then some evil dictator will use sites like my ancestry dot com to conduct ethnic cleansing.

Wouldn't ethnic cleansing be tricky if there was only a single race?

• Like 1

Made very easy thanks to my ancestry dot com LOL. They will be searching for genetic diversity and disposing of the chaff in an over populated world.

Ethnic cleansing is no fantasy situation.

In response to the OP, the future is bleak :(

• Like 1

How depressing.

• Like 1

^agreed qf.

how defeatist. i'm a positivist and will die one.

The world throws curves at us all the time but we must create our own reality and keep moving forward. i said i wouldn't enter in here because i felt that the negativity might harsh my buzz man :wink: but i just cannot help say a little wee bit here.

AIGHT! take that you bunch of suit wearing, tofu rating , hipster douche munching snakes in the grass. sipping your skinny latte, commenting on 'what should be done but the whole time only exacerbating world problems by being a consumerist but never putting anything back to mother earth.

wow, uh......think big and sometimes it happens - shit man - if you think small all the time guess what - you'll reap small.

What if in 100 years lets say, we have the first indigenous pm in australia and she's a she.

She introduces a black australia policy to stick to it to the racist aholes and opens her borders.

Without races and peoples from all over this planet coming here in the first place australia wouldn't even have their own western culture. Oz was and will always be owned by it's rightful owner mother earth and the indigenous tribes that co-habitated with her before the sailors turned up and wrecked it with force not mediation but force.

without positivity i would have been in the ditch, buried or burn't out in some back paddock somewhere.

i'll for ever hope a bright future for humans because i'm sure as hell the aliens (if we are not actually the aliens already) will not come back to help our sorry arse.

phew ranty ranty

stay positive. bring about good change and be honest to yourself and that way you can help others that need a hand.

after all the shrink trips, the meds , the spaz outs and the loneliness remember

no-one is an island.

*i needs me an ale and a bex

• Like 5

Living longer which inevitably means having longer working lives.

No doubt paying more taxes and having more "user pays" type subsidising of utilities,

• Like 1

100 years - hot as fuck,

500 years - hotter than fuck

1000 years - unliveable

as far as society goes who knows. i'd like to think australian society would be a little more open minded and more welcoming than it is now. weed probably still won't be legal, and alcohol will probably be outlawed the way it's going. let's hope we've moved to 100% renewable by at least 2100, it's certainly possible.

Australia's population at 30 June 2012 of 22.7 million is projected to increase to between 36.8 million and 48.3 million in 2061, and reach between 42.4 million and 70.1 million in 2101.

that's a lot of people. we'll*** probably all be eating lab grown "meat", living in ultra high density apartments (they'll need renewables to power), with the remnants of tony abbott's shitty "broadband" because fuck it if those cunts will do something worthwhile with our tax dollars. oh and if vic probably still won't have fixed the PT

**speaking of hot, those science boffins reckon we're headed for an el nino this year. looking forward to that....

***of course i'll be long dead by then

Edited by bot6
  • Like 2

The future is what we make it.

As Tathagata Buddha said "With our thoughts we make the world".

Guess we just need to stop eating/drinking/smoking shit, and working in employment that rapes the earth, and eat/drink/smoke good stuff, and work for our betterment as a whole and individuals, being mindful of our thoughts as we do, and we can go anywhere.

My children, and the children I teach, are already far smarter and wiser than I am, and all we need to do is keep them shielded during their development from the bullshit we call 'society', 'culture' and 'entertainment', and watch them unfold like the beautiful flowers they all innately are. Maybe.. :wink:

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 7

Australia in the future is either a desert covered in debauched zombies or a thriving paradise inhabited with happy families, the choice is ours.

My thoughts include:-

Under pressure from the people of the whole world, all governments begin to act, by distributing their land evenly among the people.

This equates to roughly 2.5 acres each for perpetuity.

We are no longer slaves to the system of poisoned food and ruthless rents so we have time to be with our families and to tend our life giving gardens. Our water becomes clean again and our air smells like flowers.

I no longer hear the noise of cars buzzing by all day instead I am softened by the song of the pretty blue bird calling out in friendship.

Cows are not mass produced anymore and food grown in lab's will never be accepted.

Disease is eliminated because this natural lifestyle encompasses life and not death.

There will be no more school, compulsory work, doctors, shrinks, religion, retardation or combustion engines.

Internet will be very different and contain no particular structures.

In a fit of freedom we tear down all the ugly powerlines that scar the landscape and replace them with flowering trees.

Australia becomes a "Garden of Eden" created with love, every single pair of human hands is creating their own dream come true.

Children become smarter than their parents and this is encouraged.

We all think for ourselves, and our thoughts are considered the most important of all and a high level of respect is established between people and their thought processes.

Wars no longer exist because we all worked out why they started in the first place!

Money no longer exists because joy is considered the only desirable currency!

Free Land For All = Freedom Forever

I can not be certain how long it will take to create the Garden of Eden here in Australia, for it to work the whole world needs to do this too.

It takes 1 year to design your own piece of motherland Australia and many years to implement all of your ideas. It may also take just 1 year to get our government heads to agree to release the damaged/underutilized lands back to the people, under 1 year if we all ban together on this one.

How are we going to explain to the grandchildren why we messed up their motherland, how can they ever forgive us?

Forgiveness will only occur if they can see you doing everything in your power to make the world better for them.

"That's just how it is" will not work for them or me.

• Like 5

Australia seems like a copycat version of american culture in so many things. I suppose there gonna be similarities in the future too.

and frankly, there's too much desert there, so the hopes for OZ becoming a decent land some day is rather few.

• Like 1

Indeed there are vast tracts of desert as large as england, but also there are large tracts of extremely fertile land albeit not for too long into the foreseeable future if trends continue. like all countries Australia is a vast landscape incorporating many localized ecosystems of varying degrees, deserts, woodlands, rainforests, scrublands, beachlands / coastal areas / Riverlands, etc. The thing is as with all lands where-ever they may be, especially in todays world is judged within the terms of economic profitability rather than sustainability and or continuation which in the long run is what we really desire if we want our children, and great grandchildren etc etc to experience the same kind of world we did although even that world was highly tainted before we were but a gleam in our fathers eyes lol. Not that we should completely abandon economics for some sorta retrograde tribalism but certainly should make a sustained effort for the continued sustainability of our nation. If we can not even do that it comes across as more than bad in terms of history only being here for almost 250years and that being all its taken for us to fail is more then sad its a rort on the future generations who deserve a prestine environment as much as we truely should

Really like chescires optimism, i wish i was as such although as much as i tell myself i am an optimist all i see is destruction lol

I guess it all really depends as with all things on extremely fickle variables lol.

100 years going on current trends of buisness as usual and continual birth rates and growth we are aiming to out populate our resources by a large factor a precedent in humanity, never before has the human race lived as we have or exploited the world around us in the ways we have in todays world, Earth moving machinery today moves more mass of earth than natural processes such as earthquakes, landslides, or shifts in continental plates etc. As a nation our coal supply "According to the Australian Energy[16] the economically demonstrated reserves to production ratios for bituminous coal and lignite in Australia are 111 years and 539 years respectively, however these figures do not account for growth in production. Growth of bituminous coal exports in Australia has been growing at a rate of 5% (on average of the last 20 years). If this rate of growth was maintained to extinction all current economically demonstrated black coal in the country would be depleted in under 40 years, however continued growth at that rate is unlikely to occur for such a long period, and this estimate does not reflect growth in the demonstrated resource." So again the variables come into play but within projections we are around perhaps 200 years give or take a few decades again give and or take projected economic growth of our country and others that by and or rely on buying our resources.

the mining "boom" if it were actually as such will most likely continue into a steady decline, so whilst we sell our resources offshore to overseas businesses we reap little rewards as a nation except for the less than 1% employed within the mining industry. with the lax treatment of taxation on those industries which in my mind should be within the same limits as iceland in terms of taxation could and would reap huge monetary profits the same which could be spent on the continuation of our nation with such things as public works ie, roads, hospitals, education etc

100 years i see life some what like our own but perhaps largely regulated by the prices of good/services and commodities especially resource based stuffs which lets face it is pritty much everything these days even its just transportation cost (petrol). which will put a large strain on the normal working class peoples which is largely all of us lol. Food production will be a lot lower than today especially within the confines of australia which has always been a fickle mistress in terms of providing sustenance but perhaps more markedly so with the continual spread of urbanisation and loss of ecosystems and water reserves/ rainfall which many food production industries largely rely upon. the large scale production of today utilizing large amounts of industrial fertilisers which leech off into waterways and river systems further degrading fertile land and also poisoning ourselfs our family and friends will perhaps slowly become to be recognized as one of our many great follies as a civilization or not lol. Not to mention the potential risk of climate change which im sure most here would be educated about even if they arent believers, i truly believe this will be one of the many variables but largely an undecided fate depending on where we go which atm seems the same ole same ole.

500 years we would almost and or most certainly be out of resources with which we could sell and profit from... we will be hard pressed to fill that gap. besides being hot as fuck if climate change projections are anything to go by, no doubt it will be a markedly different world to the one we now inhabit which i guess is trippy to think about the cyclical progress and decline of humanity, which going by past history is certainly an inevitability unless that great shiny douche jesus comes back and saves us all if one would believe as such,im not holding my breath :P

1000 years, either uniformly awesome sexbots or stoneaxes lol

Edited by -YT-
  • Like 3

i suppose i assume our childrens childrens children will see us as " full retards" going all out in terms of profitabilty at the cost of life in general which they will hold against us... for what we have stolen from the future although if we are lucky some sorta ice age or something will wipe the slate clean and nothing will be remembered just like 10k years ago lol

Australia seems like a copycat version of american culture in so many things. I suppose there gonna be similarities in the future too.

and frankly, there's too much desert there, so the hopes for OZ becoming a decent land some day is rather few.

at this point in time you feel cold aye muty?

defeatest maybe ya munga?

as the spring turns to summer in greece, remember. you'll be showing us awesome pics of the mutey wog garden from hell lather

kk. the terrace shots of ya kaktooses on the marble roof top garden are or rair o.

one for the mutant........that is our beloved wog brother from another mother

ps i know he like a good rant

Like mentioned above there are two possible extremes as outcomes.

We a) Continue to rape our already delicate forests and ecosystems through corporate greed and complete ignorance, imprison people for taking psychoactive plants which open ourselves up to new perspectives about ourselves and reality while keeping the most harmful ones legal, keep bringing our kids to an education system that is religiously devoted to science and regurgitating information instead of encouraging creativity and challenging conventional thinking, keep paying taxes to a government which serves big corporations instead of the people, slowly lose the value of our labour through inflation creeping higher and higher until we will work to our death before we ever pay off our debts (which happens now to many people anyway) and lose all that makes us free human beings.

In this case we as a species would be better off extinct. I hope it never gets to that.

Or b ) People wake up, realise they're getting screwed and that the environment is the thing that keeps everything on this planet alive and healthy, that conventional thinking (materialism) is morbidly retarded and can never be fully satisfied, and that all we have to do to change this world today is unite as One People. Together, WE make the laws, WE decide what to think, WE choose what we eat and what goes into our water, WE choose how to live.

---Rant End---

:) Either way it doesn't matter, life is a dream. The darkest times is when light shines the brightest.

Edited by OneEyeAscension
  • Like 2

Like India and China but with gum trees.

• Like 3

cheshire>>

I laughed., really, thanks...

its so easy to "trol" in SAB.

"at this point in time you feel cold aye muty?"

no fucker god has us in really friendly temps already now.

wtf is WOG ?

and..... so wut? I cannot make fun of australia??

what are you waiting for? get educated and make fun of greece , or even me, its only 4000 fucking posts...

or....

you can just wait a bit!!

wtf, the thread is titled is the FUTURE.

get a humour, or I will fuck you up anywayzzzz

:)

An optimist would say the future is uncertain.

We have no control over the future.

We cant change the past.

We can make a difference now in every little thing we do.

B)

• Like 2

i'm an optimist.

i'm extremely optimistic..... that before it is absolutely too late a multitude of imminent global issues will cause industrial civilization as we know it to collapse & whoever is left after the inevitable chaos will rebuild with greater perspective & conscientiousness using the vast amount of information & knowledge we've managed to accumulate during this long period of debauchery.

theres a fairly high probability this collapse will occur in one form or another.. as i said, we just have to hope it's not too late to start again without many thousands of years of hellish environmental conditions.. which means probably this collapse will be best if it happens in the life times of most of us here.. it presents us with a pretty unique dilemma.. do we hope that our society & most of the people in it falls apart in our lifetime so that we can even begin to envision a halfway decent future on this planet? thats a pretty morbid & horrific thing to hope for.. but whats the alternative? to simply watch our world & our children's future die & disappear forever? i opt for arming myself with knowledge & practical experience so that if one of these epic collapse scenario's does occur in my lifetime, my family & i may stand a chance. the absurdity & unsustainable nature of our modern cultures has been obvious to me since i was a small kid so i never really developed much of a sense of investment in the culture at large. unfortunately most of the people i know & love are very invested in this culture which implies a deep emotional investment in it for me whether i like it or not.. it's hard.. what will be will be i suppose..

with all that said though i also think it's important to be prepared for if nothing ever does seriously go down in our life time.. so i have invested just as much energy into getting by & thriving in this cultural paradigm in an ethical way.. in my teens or so i was right into survivalism & what not, i still am interested in these things but i also balance it with developing a career & all of that too.. it's very important to be prepared but you don't want to be caught out putting all your eggs in one basket.. so i have two baskets that i fill equally.. as ive said, one is being filled with all kinds of knowledge & understanding to give me the best chance i can if this seemingly imminent collapse occurs & the other is so i can make money in a ethical & positive way.. whether some kind of collapse or huge change happens or not, the fact is, right now the world is as it is & i have to get by in it.

with this idea of using our vast knowledge resources to rebuild after the chaos, i don't envision some utopian fantasy.. just a logical, slightly more intelligent & sensitive progression out of the ashes of our past mistakes. with the scientific knowledge & informational resources we now have due to our massively decadent oil based industrialism, we have never had better knowledge base from which to build a better world.

unfortunately in my opinion the vast majority of humanity is too far gone to consciously make the choice to make best use of those resources so for any of that to be possible, probably entails a vast die off of the plague-like masses.. as utterly horrific as that would be.. as far as how to come to terms with these things psychologically & spiritually i suppose thats anyone's guess.

• Like 7

I think if people take the initiative to detach themselves from this socioeconomic system of control and something eventually collapses other people will be inspired to follow suit. It's happening now all over the world. People are sick of corrupt people in Governments and other positions of power that abuse the system for their personal gain. I think the key here is to act as a tightly-knit community and inspire a better way of living for all. This takes incredible courage- to change ones way of living.

My plan is to severe my own cords of dependence on the system as much I can. Supply my own sustainable energy, food, water recycling systems, medicine...but obviously there are limits such as internet/having a car/chocolate (stuff I won't be willing to sacrifice). The whole idea is to cut lifestyle bills so that money you earn can be better spent on things you love and enjoy. I see too many people these days caught in the trap of working years on end to pay bills that keep rising. It's a losing battle.

Edited by OneEyeAscension
  • Like 4

cheshire>>

I laughed., really, thanks...

its so easy to "trol" in SAB.

"at this point in time you feel cold aye muty?"

no fucker god has us in really friendly temps already now.

wtf is WOG ?

and..... so wut? I cannot make fun of australia??

what are you waiting for? get educated and make fun of greece , or even me, its only 4000 fucking posts...

or....

you can just wait a bit!!

and what future do we have if people cannot take a compliment with grace

I take compliments pretty well, in fact I beathe through them, but yout text was too colloquially written for me to fully undestand...

dont forget we greeks always use the word MALAKAS (arsehole) at least once in every sentence of ours.

anyways, I am sorry if I insulted you for your complimenting me. Too many non words = communication gap

• Like 1

in 100 years from now all GM food will produce psychedelic substances

in 500 years from now, we will have genetically modified genes to produce mescaline with our own bodies.........

in 1000 years from now,... we will all have morphed into tipping blobs of flesh,.... leaching and secreting juices and absorbing nutes directly from the ground,.. blobbing around in sexual kundalini arousal ..........life will be one long psychedelic orgasm

• Like 3